Author Topic: FLuoride..  (Read 1706 times)

Offline Mr Big

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
FLuoride..
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2006, 12:39:36 PM »
Originally posted by Mini D
Because there is no downside to it... Only an upside?

That would be my guess.

Why don't we put vitamin C in the water?

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
FLuoride..
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2006, 12:47:29 PM »
I imagine that's because there isn't a readily available way to do it. And, to be honest, vitamins are more debatable in regards to health issues than flouride.

But then... water everywhere is laced with something... usually minerals. You're drinking calcites, limes (especially in arid areas) and whatever else. Look up the impacts of those some day. Or, if you're in a wet area, study the levels of bacteria and algea in the water.

I do find the whole flouride debate funny.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
FLuoride..
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2006, 12:49:36 PM »
Perhaps because the vitamin has an expiration and would be therapeutic only in higher quantities.

Don't forget 2 other extremely toxic deadly chemicals we use every day. Sodium and chlorine. They each will produce death and are very very nasty even in small quantities. Chlorine is even "injected" into the water in many places!! If you met with either of these substances you would not like the results. Yet combined they are more than benign, they are required for life.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

storch

FLuoride..
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2006, 12:51:41 PM »
why isn't beer rented?  it seems to me beer spends much more time the flouride ridden water supply than it actually spends being "beer"  we shouldn't have to purchase it, it just doesn't seem right.

Offline Mr Big

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
FLuoride..
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2006, 12:52:52 PM »
I imagine that's because there isn't a readily available way to do it. And, to be honest, vitamins are more debatable in regards to health issues than flouride.

But then... water everywhere is laced with something... usually minerals. You're drinking calcites, limes (especially in arid areas) and whatever else. Look up the impacts of those some day. Or, if you're in a wet area, study the levels of bacteria and algea in the water.

I do find the whole flouride debate funny.

The only thing about the flouride laced water that I find funny is the motivation for doing it.

The government cares about our teeth?

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
FLuoride..
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2006, 01:04:40 PM »
Why not put it in the water? Because you don't want it there? Just, exactly, what chemicals do you want in the water?

There's no downside to it. Not a single person has come up with a real reason NOT to put it in the water. The only "reasons" provided are based purely on hype and show a complete lack of understanding of chemistry, components and general health impacts.

Offline Mr Big

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
FLuoride..
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2006, 01:05:54 PM »
Why not put it in the water? Because you don't want it there? Just, exactly, what chemicals do you want in the water?

There's no downside to it. Not a single person has come up with a real reason NOT to put it in the water. The only "reasons" provided are based purely on hype and show a complete lack of understanding of chemistry, components and general health impacts.

Buy WHY put it in the water? What's the reason?

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
FLuoride..
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2006, 01:45:37 PM »
Because Mr Dentist, you know the guy that drills in your mouth, WANTS it there. So there.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
FLuoride..
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2006, 02:10:09 PM »
To fight tooth decay nuke. It's been said a million times, and will be said a million more.

You still can't come up with a reason not to put it in there and simply insinuate there's some alterior motive.

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
FLuoride..
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2006, 03:16:27 PM »
LOL! you guys need to get past the hype.

Floride is the best line of defense against tooth decay. That's why it's in the water. I've heard my Dentist say the exact same thing as Nash's. Maybe the ADA is behind this whole conspiracy?

The babble is coming from the conspiracy theorists. Water itself is a toxin. If you don't believe me, drink 3 gallons of it. Chlorine is a toxin. Virtually everything is a toxin in sufficient quantities. Take the time to learn exactly what it does/doesn't do before going on the rants. Right now you guys look simply uneducated.

Then educate us mini d.  Why do we need to drink fluoridated water?

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
FLuoride..
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2006, 03:17:25 PM »
Originally posted by Maverick
Because Mr Dentist, you know the guy that drills in your mouth, WANTS it there. So there.

And who is the guy who wants it in our bloodstream and therefore our brains?

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
FLuoride..
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2006, 03:23:17 PM »
To fight tooth decay nuke. It's been said a million times, and will be said a million more.

You still can't come up with a reason not to put it in there and simply insinuate there's some alterior motive.

, because the occurance of bone cancer in children in areas that use fluoridated water is 3.5 times higher than areas that dont.  Ther is no significant difference in dental caries (cavities) in areas that use fluoridated water and areas that dont.  The scientist who conducted the study used naturally occuring fluoride in his tests not lead and aluminum contaminated toxic waste from a plant.  For those of you who are reading this wondering, DONT LET YOUR KIDS DRINK FLUORIDEATED WATER, use fluoirde toothpaste, if you must.   How terrible it would be to come out in 10 years that we are all cancer riddled due to this rediculous lunacy.  THERE IS NO REASON TO DRINK IT.  IT ONLY NEED BE PUT ON TEETH.

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
FLuoride..
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2006, 03:28:35 PM »
If you care so much then write to your congressmen. Im sure they care....

The black vans are on the way...:noid
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
FLuoride..
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2006, 04:14:44 PM »
Obviously you shouldn't ingest chemicals just because. I don't like chlorine or chlorimines in my water anymore than Flouride.

The arguements in favor of adding chemicals to food & water are not addressing the potential negative impacts on health only the one single positive we know of that is provided by flouride.

When my sister did her nursing thesis, one of the other students did theirs on MRI scans. The basis of her thesis is that MRI's (magentic resonance imaging) could in theory, be detrimental to ones health.

She postulated that because the MRI rips apart the magnetic bonds of the cells in the body & then slams them back together to form the image, that one day the first person scanned with the MRI technology would just fall apart on the sub atomic level; basically just turn into a powdered sugar like substance & fall into a pile on the floor.

She got an A+ & the professor agreed that no one knows the long term effects of anything until there has been long term exposure. We know the long term effects of flouride on the body, in small doses it should be negligible, but that is what they said about silver mercury fillings & someone tested the saliva in the throat of a person who had them & they had several times higher than normal mercury readings & mercury is not good for you.

They said the preservatives in our food was fine & would not hurt us...think again. Back in the B.C. days in the Gobi desert they found mummified bodies that had undergone lung removal to rinse out the soot from cooking fires & the dust from the desert; that foriegn material was causing lung disease. The less unnecessary substances we ingest the better & that's a fact.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
FLuoride..
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2006, 04:24:11 PM »
Originally posted by WhiteHawk
, because the occurance of bone cancer in children in areas that use fluoridated water is 3.5 times higher than areas that dont.  Ther is no significant difference in dental caries (cavities) in areas that use fluoridated water and areas that dont.  The scientist who conducted the study used naturally occuring fluoride in his tests not lead and aluminum contaminated toxic waste from a plant.  For those of you who are reading this wondering, DONT LET YOUR KIDS DRINK FLUORIDEATED WATER, use fluoirde toothpaste, if you must.   How terrible it would be to come out in 10 years that we are all cancer riddled due to this rediculous lunacy.  THERE IS NO REASON TO DRINK IT.  IT ONLY NEED BE PUT ON TEETH.
Wow... just wow.

Do you have any idea how much monitoring for lead and aluminum in any factory's waste there is? I don' think you do. No, that's not correct. I know you don't.

The "if there's flouride, then there's aluminum and lead" argument is perhaps the stupidest presented in this thread.

And Brenjin, it's not "just because". That has been pointed out one million and one times now.

As far as "naturally occuring" flouride... hehehe... that's a fun one. I do like the disclaimer. You do realize that there isn't really much "naturally occuring" flouride? That it's usually bound to something in it's "natural" state? To be honest, a factory that releases flouride back into the water is releasing pure flouride, not "naturally occuring" flouride. I'd be reluctant to drink anything with heavy concentrations of "naturally occuring" chemicals in it. That translates to "poor water quality" in general.

I'd be willing to bet that studies cited found other "natural occuring" chemicals and minerals too. But when you're going for a grant... you have to have a source of panic.