Author Topic: HTC please  (Read 1274 times)

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
HTC please
« on: June 18, 2006, 10:42:55 AM »
HTC/Skuzzy....The next major scenario will include the Japanese versions of the 162, 262 and AR234....We only have german skins so far...Can you please accept Japanese skins for these aircraft, even if its only for the scenario???  I just dont think it would be up to scenario standards to be flying a jap jet with german markings if ya know what i mean...So even if its only temporarily accepted for the days of scenario, I think you would make a lot of us happy...

Can you please respond to this ASAP so skinners can get started (if you accept them)

thanks

happy fathers day to all the dads at HTC!:noid
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
HTC please
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 10:59:14 AM »
Ohh and while your at it can ya add the b-29 ,f7f, bearcat, p80, twin mustang, and the p51 h.

:aok

Bronk

My tongue is firmly in my cheek.
See Rule #4

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
HTC please
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 11:00:13 AM »
Only, the japanese versions of the 163, the 262, and the 234, were the equivelant of Luft'46, never produced, only "tinkered" with. They were pipe dreams, designed for a country with all the resources to make them, not for the resource-starved Japanese islands. They'd never have made full production, even if they had time to start. Heck, even conventional craft like the Ki84 ran into SERIOUS quality control -- and it's a simple radial!

I don't think the skins really have a place, as they were "mythical" aircraft.

Not to mention the Japanese didn't just design clones, they took the German plans and upgraded them, including doubling the range on the 163 and various other designs.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
HTC please
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 11:57:15 AM »
If I remember correctly the Japanese versions of the 262 and 163 were also going to be larger than their German counterparts.

From what I recall the Japanese had a lot of jet and rocket powered stuff that we may have seen in the air if the war had drug on another month or so.

I really can't imagine a scenario that even could include them, it would have to be a "what if" type of one.
I would think it's highly unlikely that Japanese skins would even be considered for them.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
HTC please
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 12:02:40 PM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
snip
I really can't imagine a scenario that even could include them, it would have to be a "what if" type of one.
I would think it's highly unlikely that Japanese skins would even be considered for them.

What if there's a "what if" scenario to play? :)

culero
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
HTC please
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 01:19:21 PM »
Skuzzy is not the one bribes need to go to for this;)
Originally posted by Kev367th

oops:aok

I've said too much:noid

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
HTC please
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 01:34:22 PM »
But it's like putting a Ki61 skin on a Me109E. One was based off the other, but they weren't the same craft. They had the same layout, the same look, but all the details were different, including performance and armament.

Shouldn't be done in this case.

What do you call these? "Jap '46"? "Luft '46" is specifically Luftwaffe... Not sure the monosyllabic equivelant for the IJA/IJN

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
HTC please
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 01:42:56 PM »
hmmm... What If?     the Japanese did not surrender after we used our only 2 atomic weapons? What if we were forced to invade Japan... What if the war was drawn out another year.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 01:45:53 PM by Raptor »

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
HTC please
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 01:46:35 PM »
It's my understanding that the first Japanese 262 flight happened the day we dropped the first nuke on Japan. To little, to late.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
HTC please
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 01:48:05 PM »
Yes, what if? What if a nation that was so resource starved it had no gas, no engines, no production plants to produce engines, -- what if this nation (while under seige from all directions) tried to even START production runs on high-tech advanced jet and rocket fighters and bombers?

The end result is utter failure. Hell even the Germans had a hard time producing enough refined metal to create the turbine blades of their jet engines. The decimated Japanese industry couldn't even have started, let alone finished, enough jet engines to fit a squadron, let alone enough planes to halt a war.

No, had the war dragged on it would have been bloody, but it would have been with the conventional radial-engined aircraft the Japanese forces already had.

Like I said, pipe dreams, from a nation that couldn't even build CONVENTIONAL designs properly at the end of the war. Pilots taking off in Ki84s (built in 1944 even) didn't know if they would be able to retract their landing gear, or if it would snap off on landing, or even if their engine would allow them to climb up to the enemy, or if it would even function at that altitude.

And you think they'd really produce thousands of jet fighters and stop the allies dead? :p (*mild sarcasm*)

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
HTC please
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2006, 01:51:08 PM »
who said anything about thousands?

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
HTC please
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2006, 01:52:57 PM »
Originally posted by Raptor
hmmm... What If?     the Japanese did not surrender after we used our only 2 atomic weapons? What if we were forced to invade Japan... What if the war was drawn out another year.

Different definately, but not a reason to allow non-historic skins in-game.

In fact they break two golden for skins -
1) Must be historic
2) Seen combat.

This would open the door to the "formation" polka dot B-24, test plane skins etc.
Don't think it will be allowed.

I couldn't get a Spit IX through that WAS historic, but was only used for testing purposes at Wright Field. Shame, it had noseart the full length of the nose.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 01:56:01 PM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
HTC please
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2006, 01:54:55 PM »
Originally posted by Raptor
who said anything about thousands?

Who said anything about tens? You'd not even get as many as that, had the war progressed.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
HTC please
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2006, 01:59:34 PM »
I think for once me and Krusty agree on something ...EEEK

Allowing these would open the door to -

1) Buff formation planes, i.e. polka dot B-24
2) Test plane schemes.
3) Demonstration camo schemes, i.e. B-24 with multiple painted images of itself.
 etc etc.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
HTC please
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2006, 02:05:04 PM »
Not just skins, it would be a "gateway" into allowing new aircraft in... We'd see things like the Do335, the F7F, the German stratospheric bomber that could level New York without refueling! The Japanese 6-engined bomber that could (theoretically) fly to San Fancisco without refueling and drop chemical and biological weapons! zOMG!

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude. What I mean to say is that it opens the way for aircraft that have no point, purpose, or place in this game.