Author Topic: Breaking news, WMD in Iraq  (Read 2990 times)

Offline Mr Big

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Breaking news, WMD in Iraq
« on: June 21, 2006, 07:35:07 PM »
was listening to a Senator who was on Sean Hannity's radio show. I forget his name.

He was giving the unclassified info and said he was working to get other parts declassified, from a classified document that he has clearence and access too.

Basically he confirmed that the US has found at least 500 weapons partially or fully filled with mustard and VX nerve gas since 2003.

He said it was a fact that he could confirm. He also said the document reveals that we expect to find more and he alluded to intelligence that may give some answers as to what happened to a lot of thr WMDs before the US invaded.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 07:37:52 PM by Mr Big »

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 07:37:28 PM »
Id like to believe it. But two things come to my mind.

1. This senator is just trying to get his name out there and is doing it so he can campain that he brought the "WMD situation in Iraq to the public."

2. I'll believe it when theres proof.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline Edbert1

• Silver Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 07:39:41 PM »
It is on O'Reily RIGHT NOW.

Offline Mr Big

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 07:39:55 PM »
Originally posted by BlueJ1
Id like to believe it. But two things come to my mind.

1. This senator is just trying to get his name out there and is doing it so he can campain that he brought the "WMD situation in Iraq to the public."

2. I'll believe it when theres proof.

I'm usually a skeptic on things like this, I then heard it from a local radio show host, who said he got a text message regarding breaking news on wmd in Iraq....... 500 wmd found.

Offline dmf

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 07:46:51 PM »
Why wouldn't WMD's be found in Iraq? They were there in desert storm, what makes people think that Saddam wouldn't make more between then and now?

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 07:49:30 PM »
Just saw it on the ticker.

If I read part of it right. It said something along the lines of them being WMDs but not the kind of WMD were looking for.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 07:51:36 PM by BlueJ1 »
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 07:51:45 PM »
Yup kinda a 'no brainer'... especially since george has a copy of the reciept his dad got from saddam when he sold them to him.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 07:52:43 PM »
"That's some nice WMD there...  but do you have any with the 'nuclear' option?"

"Oh honey, stop being so picky."
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 07:54:31 PM »
Where do ya even begin with a post like this?

Sean Hannity?

Or.... maybe ya start with the unnamed Senator.

Or maybe instead you tackle the fact that if this info was unclassified, then it's a complete mystery why only he seems to know about it. And maybe, when he gets finished with the Hannity interview, he can go to the White House and fill the folks there in on this shocking revelation - because they don't seem to think that there were indeed WMD in Iraq.

Or maybe you tackle the whole idea that mustard and nerve gas actually constitutes WMD at all;  how it can create the infamous "mushroom cloud" on American soil within 45 minutes? After that, take a look at the bill of sale on that stuff. Did not the US used to sell that stuff to Iraq? What happened..... did Iraq not pay its bill? Was this some kind of massive repo operation? Is that what necessitated the invasion? To take it back?

Or finally, maybe you just kinda laugh at a statement such as this:

"He said it was a fact that he could confirm." Just left sitting there.... floating in mid-BBS.

Believe me... If it turns out that there was WMD in Iraq, Bush would be on the roof of his abode yelling it through a bullhorn. He wouldn't even have waited for the report to conclude before he bolted out of the oval and up the stairs.

But ah.... I guess some unnamed Senator said thars mustard gas in Iraq during an interview with Hannity... so WOOT! WMD in IRAQ!

Offline Mr Big

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2006, 07:57:00 PM »
Nash, he was unnamed because I had heard it on the radio and couldn't remember it.

I have now researched it and found his name, along with a PDF file of the unclassified section of the intelligence report he was reading from.

And Sean Hannity? It's a good radio show. He broke the news.

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2006, 07:59:32 PM »
Originally posted by Mr Big
Nash, he was unnamed because I had heard it on the radio and couldn't remember it.

I have now researched it and found his name, along with a PDF file of the unclassified section of the intelligence report he was reading from.

And Sean Hannity? It's a good radio show. He broke the news.

Is it Col. Mustard?

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2006, 08:00:04 PM »
"He broke the news."

Oh my gosh.....

If I wake up tomorrow and this thing is anywhere in the paper... I'll name my next kid Mr. Big. :D

Offline Mr Big

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2006, 08:03:16 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
"He broke the news."

Oh my gosh.....

If I wake up tomorrow and this thing is anywhere in the paper... I'll name my next kid Mr. Big. :D

You are underestimating this.

Offline Mr Big

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2006, 08:05:25 PM »
The Senator is now on Sean Hannity's TV show. It's a fair bet that many millions of people are now watching it.

If it doesn't end up in your newspaper, that's not my problem.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2006, 08:05:47 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
"He broke the news."

Oh my gosh.....

may I suggest... get yer tubes tied.

;)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.