Author Topic: Breaking news, WMD in Iraq  (Read 2991 times)

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Breaking news, WMD in Iraq
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2006, 08:29:16 PM »
Have to admit it's pretty damn amusing watching Foxnews right now.

Foxnews: "OMFG!1!1!!1! TEH WMDS HAV BEN FOUND!!1!1!!  HAHAHAH YU LIBZ R TEH SUXXORZ!11!111!"

Laura Schwartz , Democratic strategist (donning Obi Wan's robe) "These are not the WMD's you're looking for...*waves hand*

Fun stuff all around.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 08:53:10 PM by DiabloTX »
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2006, 08:30:35 PM »
Hehe, the Nash/Hangtime tag team appears in the thread. "In this corner, weighing in at {Psst, ed, is this correct!? Okay...} 125 lbs....Nash "Mr Big" master!!!! (Crowd giggles...);)  Maybe Stringer will jump into the ring soon and come out swinging. You guys can then comfort each other and consider yourselfs "righteous". :lol
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 08:44:00 PM by Ripsnort »

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2006, 08:32:29 PM »
Originally posted by Hangtime
Yup kinda a 'no brainer'... especially since george has a copy of the reciept his dad got from saddam when he sold them to him.
Yes, never mind that he was supposed to destroy them! ;) :rofl

Look, I'm not commenting on this story simply due to the reaction I've already seen in this thread of those who completely ridiculed the very idea that WMD even existed are stumbling over themselves like a senator whose name just showed up on the FBI Sting list. :rofl  Whether or not its true, one of two things will happen IF true:

A) It will be downplayed by naysayers saying WE gave them the WMD (never mind that Saddam didn't comply with destroying them as I said above, Hang got that post in their too soon!)

B) People will mistrust the information and start joking about how accurated the original reports of WMD were back in 2002/2003. SOme will even say the report was fabricated.

Either way, this will be fun to watch. :)

Repeat after me...We would have gone into Iraq regardless of the WMD, it was long over due.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 08:41:43 PM by Ripsnort »

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2006, 08:39:34 PM »
Yikes.

I almost think I like you better when you simply rip 'n paste. Which is saying a lot.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2006, 08:40:55 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
Yikes.

I almost think I like you better when you simply rip 'n paste. Which is saying a lot.
See? There it is. Sarcasm. Nothing constructive to add, no debate skills. Carry on. I'm enjoying this. :)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2006, 08:45:15 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
See? There it is. Sarcasm. Nothing constructive to add, no debate skills. Carry on. I'm enjoying this. :)

Lol.... I was responding to your post:

Hehe, the Nash/Hangtime tag team appears in the thread. "In this corner, weighing in at {Psst, ed, is this correct!? Okay...} 125 lbs....Nash "Mr Big" master!!!! (Crowd giggles...)

That's "constructive?"

That "adds" something?

That constitutes "debate?"

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2006, 08:45:18 PM »
Originally posted by Waffle BAS
Mrs plum - in the kitchen with the pie :)

MMMM, Mrs. Plum's pie :)
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2006, 08:47:46 PM »
Nobody is disputing the simple truth that Saddam lied about the WMD being destroyed... and was in violation of UN resolutions and got his just desserts. Whats in contention is the presence of a nuclear development program (there was.. the israli's didn't bomb a puppy kennel), a biologicals program (jury's out, but it's a no-brainer he was) and a 'weaponized' anthrax program... which is a pretty scary concept.

Unfortunately, the wrong guys are releasing this information.. at the wrong time. The right time was immediately after the president reviewed the report, and the source should have been the president.

Now, it all just sounds like political mud slinging.

Something you have some skill in, Rip.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2006, 08:48:00 PM »

Repeat after me...We would have gone into Iraq regardless of the WMD, it was long over due.

Long over due or not, I don't agree that it was an American problem. Before it's done, we will have spent trillions of dollars and there will be no recouping that loss.

Somalia started off as a humanitarian mission then changed into a nation-building mission and that’s where the mission went wrong. The mission was changed. And as a result, our nation paid a price, and so I don’t think our troops ought to be used for what’s called nation building. I think our troops ought to be used to fight and win war. I think our troops ought to be used to help overthrow a dictator when it’s in our best interests. But in this case, it was a nation-building exercise. - George W. Bush, October 11, 2000.
sand

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2006, 08:48:25 PM »
A) It will be downplayed by naysayers saying WE gave them the WMD (never mind that Saddam didn't comply with destroying them as I said above, Hang got that post in their too soon!)

B) People will mistrust the information and start joking about how accurated the original reports of WMD were back in 2002/2003. SOme will even say the report was fabricated.

I'm laughing so hard I forgot to add two more scenario's:
C)They were planted there
D) Where is Osama?

:rofl

Seriously, I bet this pans out like all the other stories about WMD, some found, but not significant...otherwise why wouldn't this have leaked in 2004 during the election?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2006, 08:50:01 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
Long over due or not, I don't agree that it was an American problem. Before it's done, we will have spent trillions of dollars and there will be no recouping that loss.
Yeah, just think, Russia or China would have sold Saddam the needed parts for developing weapons grade uranium. ;)

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2006, 08:51:16 PM »
Yeah, just think, Russia or China would have sold Saddam the needed parts for developing weapons grade uranium. ;)

Nice try, but you're not going to convince anyone here that you're prescient.
sand

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2006, 08:52:45 PM »
Yep, them's some keen debating skills you're flaunting there, Rip.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2006, 08:53:18 PM »
TOB lives!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2006, 08:54:24 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
Nice try, but you're not going to convince anyone here that you're prescient.
Hey, Sanction money walks, Oil bribes talk ;)