Author Topic: A Slap in the face  (Read 2647 times)

Offline AutoPilot

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
A Slap in the face
« on: June 25, 2006, 12:49:01 PM »
I remember reading somewhere that CT was gonna be out by June 2006.

I have been payin 15$ a month every month since 2002 minus  2 months in there somewhere.

I been helpin newbies in the TA for a long time telling them it is way worth payin the 15$ every month for on-line fee's because of the SEA events the AvA and most importantly about CT and what it means for the on-line flight sime WW2 community and how they would benefit from paying 15$ a month too gain the SA they will need, more or less i am helping HiTechCreations maintain a customer base.( i am not complaining about doing any of this)

We who have been waiting for CT for some time and for new planes and vehicles have been slapped in the face hard by HT.We see him posting pics of his Airplane and him flying it around,They sure have put a lot of time into making this RV8 plane for the MA and the Con.

Doesn't seem too me like they are in a big hurry too make CT a reality any time soon, seems they are just like every other game developer( all about themselves) and do not care too make good on their promises.

So i will not make good on my subscription every month and i urge everyone else too stop payin the 15$ too just too prove a point seeing as how they have strung us along for so long now.

Where i come from, if a man's word is no good, than he's no good......

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
A Slap in the face
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 12:57:32 PM »
I dont think im ready to boycott lol, but I am getting fed up...I dont care about them making the RV-8...I think its a nice novelty for the con, and something both people at the con enjoy flying, and the rest of us enjoy "trying" to kill...whatever...

Hearing CT developement has been put on hold, and expected release isn't until  November or December is just a major let down in my opinion...I'm not even going to hold my breath because I dont have any faith in seeing CT by the end of 06...

RV-8 good idea, but what has HTC been doing thats so important in the meantime to stop CT developement?  Was the jeep, and the past couple patches which in my opinion were steps backwards really necessary?  I'd be interested to know how much time was spent on creating the jeep and all the patches starting at the one the PAWNED all you X-52 guys.......Was it worth it and the expense of postponing CT again!?
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
A Slap in the face
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 01:08:10 PM »
I tell ya whut. I don't play this game for the promise of the CT. I don't play it for the promise of new planes. I don't play it because I want it to do this or I want it to do that.

I play it because it's the best damn online flight sim there is. If you're in a rut you can do things to get out of that rut. We have almost 100 different aircraft/gvs in this game and if you only fly a few, branch out and fly others (yes, even obsolete ones). Fly a different way. If you team up start flying solo. If you're a lone wolf find some friends, whatever.

But don't tell me you're playing this game for the promise of things to come. You're playing it because it's great. Now, the proclaimed deadlines is a bone of contention. However, it just makes me disbelieve HTC whenever they issue a date. It makes me jaded. It doesn't affect the game in any way as it is now.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
A Slap in the face
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 01:10:20 PM »
:cry
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Re: A Slap in the face
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 01:18:09 PM »
Originally posted by AutoPilot
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WAA
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 01:18:13 PM »
Originally posted by AutoPilot

So i will not make good on my subscription every month and i urge everyone else too stop payin the 15$ too just too prove a point seeing as how they have strung us along for so long now.

If this means the end of Autofellatio... well then....

Ding dong the witch is dead. The mean old witch is dead.

Ohh btw where is your film that you said you were filming.

Guess you are as good as your word then also .

Have a nice day.

Bronk
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 01:20:48 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com
A Slap in the face
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 01:18:55 PM »
I can sit in front of my computer and pretend I'm flying a Corsair.  

I can engage in a variety of combat situations with up to 500 people at one time.

I remember that AH was $30/month.  

AH has lowered their monthly fee and kept it there.  

AH has made updates to the game without requiring multiple computer upgrades.  Somewhere along the way I repaired/upgraded my computer about $500 worth.  By way of contrast,  America's Army, which is free, can not be run on my computer.  They've "improved" the game too much for me.

The multiple references to your $15/month lit me up.  What other hobby is this cheap?  Golf clubs cost as much as computer.  Greens fees are a lot more.  My racqetball club costs more monthly.  

I can do this anytime 24/7/365.  

I don't care if they change a thing.  Ever.  It's da bomb already.

When you get the improvements you want so insistently, how much more are you willing to pay?

HONK!
Gooss
CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS
flying and dying since Tour 19

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
A Slap in the face
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 01:24:49 PM »
Dmn, kinda harsh on Dale when he has created a game where boyhood dreams can virtually come true.  I concurr with Gooss and as bad as I hate to say it,  Morpheus hit this thread on the head! :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
A Slap in the face
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 01:33:07 PM »
I don't pay for the development of CT. I pay for access to the online arenas. If CT is ever released, which I'll admit I doubt will happen while I'm still around, great. If it isn't ever released, fine, it didn't cost me anything anyway. I guess I don't see what the fuss is.

We won't miss you.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
A Slap in the face
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2006, 01:34:47 PM »
Originally posted by Gooss
I can sit in front of my computer and pretend I'm flying a Corsair.  

I can engage in a variety of combat situations with up to 500 people at one time.

I remember that AH was $30/month.  

AH has lowered their monthly fee and kept it there.  

AH has made updates to the game without requiring multiple computer upgrades.  Somewhere along the way I repaired/upgraded my computer about $500 worth.  By way of contrast,  America's Army, which is free, can not be run on my computer.  They've "improved" the game too much for me.

The multiple references to your $15/month lit me up.  What other hobby is this cheap?  Golf clubs cost as much as computer.  Greens fees are a lot more.  My racqetball club costs more monthly.  

I can do this anytime 24/7/365.  

I don't care if they change a thing.  Ever.  It's da bomb already.

When you get the improvements you want so insistently, how much more are you willing to pay?

HONK!
Gooss

Well said Gooss.

How many of you remember playing Hellcat Ace or F15 Strike Eagle , back in the mid 80's. You could only dream of a something like AHII.
It's a work in progress , and what we have now is already great.  Additions and improvements will come give it time. The world is round,,,,,,,, we'll get there.:)

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2006, 01:39:35 PM »
cry me a river...no one is going to miss you.  In case you don’t know this...you have never paid for CT...not once. You have paid for AH...and you get to play it every day. If you were keeping your subscription in hopes of CT coming, you're an idiot. You could have just as easily stopped playing until CT came out.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 01:42:21 PM by BigR »

Offline Lord ReDhAwK

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.revivecomputing.com/aggressors
A Slap in the face
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2006, 01:45:52 PM »
I love seeing the community policing it's own :D

I want to see the CT as well.  However, best $15 bucks I could ever spend.  INsofar as the RV8 issue, WTFG HTC!  Great present for the con goers (of which I hope t be some day.)

ReDhAwK :cool:
C.O.
The Aggressors

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
A Slap in the face
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2006, 01:47:56 PM »
blahahaha AutoFellatio WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA hahhahahaha

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
A Slap in the face
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2006, 01:51:39 PM »
We who have been waiting for CT for some time and for new planes and vehicles have been slapped in the face hard by HT.

Prepare for a kick in the arse to compliment the slap in the face.
:rofl
Nominated "Most Self Defeating Thread 2006".
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
A Slap in the face
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2006, 02:03:36 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
I tell ya whut. I don't play this game for the promise of the CT. I don't play it for the promise of new planes. I don't play it because I want it to do this or I want it to do that.

I play it because it's the best damn online flight sim there is.

Read what the Krustyone said, within it is the clue reality Autofellatio.