Author Topic: Blackouts  (Read 388 times)

Offline fireplug1111

• Zinc Member
Blackouts
« on: July 04, 2006, 05:35:30 PM »
Is there any way to get rid of the blacking out in "G" turns. It seems that I turn at the same rate and same speed of the plane Im tracking and the black circle gets smaller. Any tricks.

Alan

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Blackouts
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 05:58:28 PM »
There are no real trick, you canīt ged "rid" of blackouts. But they are the same for every pilots. If you enemy is really pulling  at the same speed and turnrate as you, he will get the same blackout circle. The trick is not to completely blackout, just like you "ride" the stall in tight turns. But remember, the more Gs you pull, the more energy you will lose - the tightest turn is not always the best one.
But often it only seems that your enemy is turning at same speed & rate as you. An enemys speed is hard too judge sometimes especially minor differences. He may for example have cut the throttle, so he will lose speed rapidly and therefore being able to turn a bit harder than you.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
Blackouts
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 09:29:45 PM »
If I am heading into total black out to match someones turn then I assume he is slower than me. I don't want to overshoot so I lag prosuit by choping throddle and getting on their low six. He can't see me through the underside of his tail. They often seem to think they have out turned me and will be heading 180 deg away from me in a second or two. Wrong.

Some times they are not fooled and really slam on the breaks. If I can't match speed then I roll to the outside of my turn and nose down a little and punch it. Hard for him to jump back into high gear quickly and get his nose around too. Just hope he doesn't have a laser sight.

If he continues with the turn I will soon bleed enough E to turn my nose into him. If he rolls upright to get a better look at me he will ruin his turn rate and drift into my turn radias. Wham.

I've followed some around almost 360 deg knowing his countrymen are telling him "he right on you" and he knows if he straitens out even a little to look at me he's dead. The trick is to not give up any E you don't have to. Or his death will be quickly avenged.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Blackouts
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 02:17:43 AM »
Originally posted by fireplug1111
Is there any way to get rid of the blacking out in "G" turns. It seems that I turn at the same rate and same speed of the plane Im tracking and the black circle gets smaller. Any tricks.

Alan

You can easily adjust your stick so you will stop blacking out. If you'd like to set up a time in the Training Arena (TA) I can show you how to fix yer stick.

Also, if you are in an overshot position because you're too fast you need to chop some throttle and go for his high 6, not low 6. You are trying to bleed off speed, not gain it. If you have rudders you can always toss in some high rudder which will act as a speed brake when you push the fuselage into the slipstream.

Hope this helps.

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
Blackouts
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 10:28:34 AM »
The other option is to NOT bleed off your speed, and go into a high-yoyo.  Level your wings, pull up, roll back to position the enemy over your head, then dive back down on his 6.  What you are doing is making your turn larger, lower G, and burning less energy.
Gunner
Cactus Air Force