Author Topic: 10 Things You'll See In AvA Arena that You Won't See In MA  (Read 3815 times)

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
10 Things You'll See In AvA Arena that You Won't See In MA
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2006, 12:54:18 PM »
Originally posted by 5554
When I go in Allies vs. Axis

..you're unable to complete a sentence?
:D

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2006, 01:09:12 PM »
I wonder about the whole 'no uber rides in the AvA'.

I think the most fun I've had so far is last Wednesday in the Snapshot, where I had to drive a Spit I against some 110Cs.

The Spit 1 forced me to fly much differently than other spits due to its quirkiness.  It made me think more about my positioning and E and maneuvers.

Personally I think that's a good thing...

The MA seems to be mostly about vulching and gang-banging lone pilots anymore with the better rides... I'd much rather be challenged with a more realistic arena than the MA.

Problem is that there's never anyone in the AvA.

:(

I guess it depends on what you are trying to get out of the game, if you just want to hover around and vulch fields, the MA is the place for you!

:cry
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 01:17:38 PM by scottydawg »

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2006, 01:22:33 PM »
Seems that Auto has swallowed a hook. This is good. Please continue.

Post a thread in the general about the AvA, take note of the non-participants that down it, then you’ll know who tried it and couldn’t hang.  BK’s came in once, they just capped, vulched, and ganged - afraid of any remotely congruous competition – much to their chagrin the regulars kept upping unimpressed and unaffected by the dweebery.  

Wwwwhhhhhhiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrr…………ker-splash……….click…click… click…………

Seriously though, everybody is welcome, you’ll find the regulars prioritize the fight over the kill and could care less about real estate.  The channel 200 exchanges are, in general, just smack talking for fun, but have left some of the more ‘sensitive’ types with a grudge.
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2006, 01:45:24 PM »
To all participants of the AvA.
I wish to clarify I have only one difference of oppinion that is all.
The AvA is deffinately fun, most of the time.

OT
Ya know storch just when people think  they have your disposition down... you go and smackdown one of the the biggest numpties in the game. IMHO
For that big <>.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2006, 02:25:47 PM »
so far as I know the BK's never went there as a squad.  I have been there many times and my observations are as noted.  I guess if you are one of the 6 or 8 guys in the luftwhiner squad then it must feel like being swarmed and vultched when 2 or 3 BK's are in your sandbox... I can see how you would be overwhelmed and feel picked on.

It is too much like a playground for luftwhiners who can't cut it in the ma and have to be at least 50% or more of the players on one side and... have to have very little competition.  

When the luftwhiner squad isn't on the ava is a lot better.  they pretty much suck anyway tho.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2006, 02:29:52 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
so far as I know the BK's never went there as a squad.  I have been there many times and my observations are as noted.  I guess if you are one of the 6 or 8 guys in the luftwhiner squad then it must feel like being swarmed and vultched when 2 or 3 BK's are in your sandbox... I can see how you would be overwhelmed and feel picked on.

It is too much like a playground for luftwhiners who can't cut it in the ma and have to be at least 50% or more of the players on one side and... have to have very little competition.  

When the luftwhiner squad isn't on the ava is a lot better.  they pretty much suck anyway tho.

lazs

Don't hold back, lazs, tell us what you REALLY think :aok

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2006, 03:14:55 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
so far as I know the BK's never went there as a squad.

I'm pretty sure it was in the setup - perhaps a year ago? - that pitted the Spits against the Ki84s.  Possibly it wasn't the entire squad, but certainly many of them were there, and Lev has occasionally said something along the lines of "veni vidi vici" (in the plural, which I can't do).

Actually, I enjoyed that setup.  I thought the banter was fun and the gunnery impressive.  Wish they'd come back again.

- oldman

storch

« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2006, 03:26:38 PM »
it seems that the public relations officer for the bks is treated in much the same way mushrooms are grown.  for that epiphany I am truly sorry.

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2006, 04:05:26 PM »
Originally posted by scottydawg
Problem is that there's never anyone in the AvA.
Oh but that's not true, I've had fun fights in there, with the few brave individuals that have been there. As I said before, 1vs1's have been a lot of fun...
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline AutoPilot

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2006, 09:30:23 PM »
You know for the longest time i have introduced the CT or AvA too just about everybody i have ran into playing this game.Some have stuck around other come in every now and then for you always hear of the regulars crying because there is no one in there.When in actuality it's the so called " Regulars " that have ran everybody off.

So i will no longer support the AvA or turn anyone on too it,this is what you get for promoting the arena too others then you can have it.Now most of you will think " yea like he made a difference anyway" but yes you will see the silence will get even more louder.

So you keep on keepin on givin each other reach arounds and pattin your backs, storch i will be lookin forward too your PM's after i waste your arse again in the MA, the score still stands:

Todd420-2 kills on stench

Stench-0 kills

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2006, 09:42:02 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
I'm pretty sure it was in the setup - perhaps a year ago? - that pitted the Spits against the Ki84s.  Possibly it wasn't the entire squad, but certainly many of them were there, and Lev has occasionally said something along the lines of "veni vidi vici" (in the plural, which I can't do).

Actually, I enjoyed that setup.  I thought the banter was fun and the gunnery impressive.  Wish they'd come back again.

- oldman

They were there for that one and a Finn/Russ set up. I enjoyed it.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2006, 08:18:53 AM »
well... maybe as many as four or five BK's at once...  For sure it wasn't planned in any way.   certainly less than the goosesteppers have in there on a regular basis.  

I guess I can understand the trauma that taking over the worshipper of kurt tanks sandbox must have had tho.  

There might have been a little chuckling on the BK squad BB but It was no big deal.

The mystery that has plauged flight sims since the very beggining remains...

Does flying the german planes make you an arrogant whiner or....  is it just aht arrogant whiners are attracted to the german planes?   Is it ignorance or mascochism that makes em post on BB's?

lazs

storch

« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2006, 09:08:52 AM »
I would suppose that the sounds you heard (figurative speaking of course) on the bk bjbbs would be the sound of clucking as opposed to chuckling.  hens make those sounds after they lay eggs.

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2006, 09:29:21 AM »
Originally posted by Slash27
They were there for that one and a Finn/Russ set up. I enjoyed it.

Yeah, I’m with you, enjoyed it too.  There’s an attitude some just can’t comprehend.

Good stick beats you most of the time – fun to have around, good to learn from.

Really good sticks working together blowing  you to pieces repeatedly – What a hoot, watch how they work it, cool.

Bunch of good sticks maintaining advantage, double/triple teaming, talking all kinds of smack – nirvana, no boredom tonight.

Also,

I feel really sorry for the folks who get their feelings hurt. I really do. On the other hand I have problems understanding what the big deal is.  Only thing anyone can do is shoot down your pixels or type smack. If you can’t handle that, how emotionally equipped are you to handle reality. Could look at it as helping someone develop a thicker skin and better prepare them for success in life. ;)
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2006, 10:24:56 AM »
Originally posted by KONG1

I feel really sorry for the folks who get their feelings hurt. I really do. On the other hand I have problems understanding what the big deal is.  Only thing anyone can do is shoot down your pixels or type smack. If you can’t handle that, how emotionally equipped are you to handle reality. Could look at it as helping someone develop a thicker skin and better prepare them for success in life. ;)

Truer words have never been spoken... at least on this forum.