Author Topic: unbelievable, crazy, or just plain stupid kills  (Read 1866 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
unbelievable, crazy, or just plain stupid kills
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2006, 08:50:41 AM »
In AH1 I landed 6 kills in a goon while flying in NAZGUL.   I kept looping and skimming trees watching the cons explode on Maples.

Also, when I was in NAZGUL, I took a Hellcat to knock out a cv.  I was scanning the water, found the reported TF, and dove on the CV.   Low and behold at 8k I relize there's a mission upping.   I dropped 2k and the rockets for 26 kills.  Ack got me.

Shooting down FBWar's 262 with a Rocket from a F6F.

Funniest was what happened to FireHwk.  Before the change over to AH2, Wax and his Hell Gods came to Rookland for about 5 months.  Wax and I met at the Indy con and would always think up some crazy missions.  We were both sick of being stuck on Trinity for two weeks.  We jabo'd Tanktown.   Wax ended up getting TopGunz who was camping behind "his favorite knoll".  I see a lone Tiger rtb'ing and about 100 yards from the base I drop 2k.   "SYSTEM: you have shot down FireHwk#1".   Oh the WHINES from this ball baby were all over Channel 1.   Wax and I still talk about this kill to this day.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2006, 08:59:11 AM »
Originally posted by Balsy
In a tiger with my tracks shot out sitting at a base. Along comes a set of 3 b17s over the base at about 500 ft.  I shot 2 down with the main gun in tracking shots as they crossed over the base.

Balsy

One evening, some time ago, I jumped into a shore battery to fire on an enemy fleet. A formation of B-17s is coming in low, headed directly for my battery. I track it, aim slightly ahead and fire one round. It hits directly on the nose of the lead Fortress and with one big blast, 999000's entire formation disappears.

We both marveled at it...

My regards,

Widewing
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 09:01:23 AM by Widewing »
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2006, 09:07:42 AM »
Originally posted by Widewing
One evening, some time ago, I jumped into a shore battery to fire on an enemy fleet. A formation of B-17s is coming in low, headed directly for my battery. I track it, aim slightly ahead and fire one round. It hits directly on the nose of the lead Fortress and with one big blast, 999000's entire formation disappears.

I once hit F6F in the nose in similar fashion. I had my stick full forward and the full traverse speed of the battery was just enough to match the Hellcat's flight path. I frantically tapped the trigger as I had just fired at an enemy fleet. When I saw the hit sprite I couldn't believe it at first. :)
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2006, 09:52:10 AM »
Originally posted by MajWoody
Murdr,
 What about lol kill? :)

click image for film

Yep.  Killing the plane that shot me down as they ditch themselves trying to finish me was a pretty good one :)

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2006, 10:03:04 AM »
There I was, inside a Tiger tank when it first came out.

I've heard from some people that unlike the Panzer the Tiger was very tough against field ack and it could prove to be a formiddable base-suppression unit.

So I rolled me Tiger downhill to enemy base.

Unfortunately I saw an enemy Panzer too late. I'm in the middle of the enemy base and he knocks my tracks out. I turn the turret just in time before the Panzer deals a death blow. Boom, we fire at each other. My turrets is out, but the Panzer bites the dust.

Now, my tank, a heap of smoking metal, immobile and neutralized is just sitting there, in the middle of enemy run way. Acks going ping ping boing boing against the hull.

All of a sudden, enemy planes just drop around me.

Boom! Bam! All those bombs and rockets! Woops friend, close but no cigar. Them fighters just keep coming and coming, strafing, whizzing by, dumping bombs, and eventually, all of them just crash around me.

After a while, our own guys come in and lay waste to the enemy base.

Apparently, all the base defenders were so busy taking a poke at me that none of them guarded the airspace. The FHs dead, skies cleared, in comes the C-47 and gets the capture.

Thanks boys.

1 Panzer kill, and 13 freebies while sitting and just looking up the sky seeing all those enemy planes whizzing by.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2006, 12:16:33 PM »
Originally posted by Kweassa
There I was, inside a Tiger tank when it first came out.

I've heard from some people that unlike the Panzer the Tiger was very tough against field ack and it could prove to be a formiddable base-suppression unit.

So I rolled me Tiger downhill to enemy base.

Unfortunately I saw an enemy Panzer too late. I'm in the middle of the enemy base and he knocks my tracks out. I turn the turret just in time before the Panzer deals a death blow. Boom, we fire at each other. My turrets is out, but the Panzer bites the dust.

Now, my tank, a heap of smoking metal, immobile and neutralized is just sitting there, in the middle of enemy run way. Acks going ping ping boing boing against the hull.

All of a sudden, enemy planes just drop around me.

Boom! Bam! All those bombs and rockets! Woops friend, close but no cigar. Them fighters just keep coming and coming, strafing, whizzing by, dumping bombs, and eventually, all of them just crash around me.

After a while, our own guys come in and lay waste to the enemy base.

Apparently, all the base defenders were so busy taking a poke at me that none of them guarded the airspace. The FHs dead, skies cleared, in comes the C-47 and gets the capture.

Thanks boys.

1 Panzer kill, and 13 freebies while sitting and just looking up the sky seeing all those enemy planes whizzing by.

I remember this capture.  I was there.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline MINNOW

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2006, 03:08:11 PM »
Another one I remember, I was in a Pzr one day with my squad and we were defending a town from capture. So, SlammerX & I parked in town, He was near the maproom and I was up on the elevated area watching the tanks roll in from the spawn pt.

Pretty soon a large GV force comes in with some aircover and so its getting pretty crazy. I shoot the 1st 3 pzrs in but one hits my left track and I fall into a hole!

I have no idea how it happened or why, but it was damn funny.

I clicked on the supplies in town to repair my track and keep on firing.

Nailed 17 panzers and 2 tigers before the chatter on 200 started getting funny.

They ended up bringing 4 sets of Lancs to get me outta there before I died.

Offline stangster

• Zinc Member
      • http://kevinbeardsuks.com
The Butterfly Effect (Infinifilm Edition)
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2006, 06:43:26 PM »
I was once in a goon ,minding my own biz, when Slapshot buzzed me in his 262 and crashed ,giving me a kill.

Buzz Lightyear

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
Re: The Butterfly Effect (Infinifilm Edition)
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2006, 04:57:17 AM »
Originally posted by stangster
I was once in a goon ,minding my own biz, when Slapshot buzzed me in his 262 and crashed ,giving me a kill.

Buzz Lightyear

LOL ya sounds like slap
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2006, 05:03:51 AM »
once hit a b24 from about 3 - 4k with a HE shell on tiger, hit the lead bomber and all 3 exploded.

also got a 262 from the 40mm cannon on PT boat from about 2.5k once which was fun.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2006, 07:30:58 AM »
hahaha talkin of 40mm on PTs......

once, a long time ago, i was in a PT bein a ninja, as you do, and saw a group of P40s take off from the base i was going to. when they got over me they were at about 2500ft and 1k to the left of me..

...i pumped about 20 rounds out at them spraying and praying and saw the sprite take off a 40s tail section....

SYSTEM: you shot down 616Fubar #1

hahaha, man what a fluke, you were pissed fubs :)
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2006, 07:42:15 AM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
hahaha, man what a fluke, you were pissed fubs :)

im not fubs...
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2006, 07:54:28 AM »
who was talkin to you fuRbs??

616 - numbers dweeb - fubar - 616fubar - fubs.

im sorry, i can pay you attention if you need it!

:eek:
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2006, 07:57:27 AM »
well it looked like you were talking to me, and there are people who cant read properly that get us confused.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2006, 03:40:38 AM »
During the furball tonight over 77 I made about the most unbelievable snap-shot I've ever managed.

I was playing around in a 38J all tonight, which I hadn't flown in the MA. On one sortie I'm not quite to 77 town and I see a friendly a couple thousand feet below me engaged with a Bish C2 when I spot a pair of 109s entering the area with a couple other friendlies in pursuit, but a good distance out. Seeing as I've got the better position to cut them off I chop back the throttle and roll in on one of the 109s (they had, at this point, split up).

The friendly (I THINK it was oxman) mixing up with the C2 passes under me and the 109 followed him. I'm fish-tailing the rudder like crazy in my dive trying to keep my speed down to follow, but I overshoot a little and enter something of a barrel roll to try and stay with him, and me, ox, the 109 and at least one other Rook (who had, at this point, caught up) end up in a tight rolling fight. I'm still trying to bring my guns to bear when he gets lost in my canopy frame.

I'm looking in my forward-up snap view to try and pick him up again when all the sudden the 109 pops back into view and flashes across the center of my windscreen, giving me a brief full-plane shot. Out of reflex I hit the trigger before I release the view hat, and as a result I'm firing from out of my sights. Before my view can finish panning down I see the 109's canopy fill with hit sparks, and a second later I hear his plane explode somewhere behind me and the kill message goes up.

I'm like...WOW. Every now and then I'll make a good shot, but I think this is the most pure luck, can't believe it hit reflex twitch I've ever made.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.