Author Topic: israel in war  (Read 5891 times)

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
israel in war
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2006, 12:19:02 PM »
I'm trying to remember the last time a Jewish Militant walked into a Palistinian market place and exploded a bomb... or when a Jew attacked a Palistinian Airport lobby,  when was the last  time Jews had captured Palistinian Olympic Members and killed them?  (Munchen)

Please read your History. Prior to 1948 no Middle Eastern Country wanted anything to do with the Palistinains.. they were rebuked by Egypt, Syria and others.  No one wanted to be associated with them... they were nothing until the Jews were reestablished in 1948.  Returned to they're land..

There was a great Documentary on this.. I wish I could find it again.

But in all in all... Israel is protecting itself and I wish them well, supportive.
Irans President needs to drop the opium pipe.... So far he's claimed the the Holocost never happened and it was a lie. That Israel need to be wiped off the face of the Earth... Syria has laffed in our face by supporting and sending insurgents from Syria into Iraq to disrupt all.

North Korea is just like a chained up stray dog, barking and growling to get attention.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Mac

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
israel in war
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2006, 12:21:24 PM »
Originally posted by storch
only because the United States resupplies them with material as it is put out of action.  during the yom kippur war we were replacing israeli tanks as quickly as the egyptians could knock them out and in the initial phase of the battle the egyptians took out a significant number of israeli armor.  without that timely support israel would have lost despite the gallantry of israeli personnel and it's excellent leadership.  isreal depends on the United States to back them up.  without our support there would be no israel.

That's not entirely accurate. The IDF could very well be the absolute best at pulling destroyed/damaged tanks off the battlefield, repairing them and sending them back into combat with new crews. Heck, the Israelis pull damaged/destroyed Arab tanks off the battlefield, repair them, regun them and send them back into battle against their former owners.

Due to political pressures I dont believe the US actually sent any military equiptment to Israel while the Yom Kippur war was going on. The Yom Kippur War only lasted about 30 days, most of the Israeli tank losses were in the initial stages of the war. By the end of the war the majority of those tanks had been repaired and sent back into combat.

The Yom Kippur war saw the first use of large quantities of anti-tank missles by infantry. This took the Israeli tank units by surprise, they apparently didnt realize just how many Sagger missles (I think that was the missle) the Egyptians had.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
israel in war
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2006, 12:22:05 PM »
Would it not have been better for the Israeli secret service (dont remember the name atm) to try and find the soldiers? History has shown that they are some really clever guys with impressive results. They are prolly the best "spy" guys in the world.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
israel in war
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2006, 12:26:06 PM »
Moussad

Nilsen I applaud you Sir!

:aok

Mac

Still like yer beard !

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
israel in war
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2006, 12:29:10 PM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
Israel are killing civilians too and hitting infrastructure that makes life for the innocent worse. Its right there on the news for everyone to see... unless its cencored.

Overwhelming force makes little differece.

Would the US roll over and play dead if someone struck you REALLY hard or would you be more determened to kick back?

Just saw on MSN that the Israeli's are using prescion guided munitions and are making every attempt to avoid civilian casualties. They are however, hitting any and all KNOWN Hizbollah buildings.

Yeah, some of the infrastructure that is being hit will make life harder for innocents. Those innocents only have the Lebanese gov't to blame though. If the Lebanese had secured their side of the border like they were suppossed to when the IDF pulled out of south Lebanon the fighting today would most likely not be happening.

For the record, I support Israel and believe the US and all countries should support Israel as well.

To all Israeli's and especially those on this board, I hope you and all your loved ones come through this safely.
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
israel in war
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2006, 12:29:19 PM »
Originally posted by ~Caligula~
hezbollah gets supplies from iran trough the beirut int. airport. that is why it was bombed...at least that`s what we`re told.

the ship was hit by an iranian made missle. it has the range to reach tel aviv.i`m sure once tel aviv`s hit, we`ll enter lebanon once again.
i hope it won`t happen though, i wish my tax shekels weren`t spent on all this bs.

Just wondering, but did you have to serve in the military being that your nation has compulsory service?  (Dumb question i know)
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
israel in war
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2006, 12:31:41 PM »
Would it not have been better for the Israeli secret service (dont remember the name atm) to try and find the soldiers? History has shown that they are some really clever guys with impressive results. They are prolly the best "spy" guys in the world.

While the Moussad probably could have found and retrieved the captured soldiers, that would have done nothing to resolve the problem of Hizbollah's private army occupying the land on the Lebanese side of the border and attacking Israel from there.

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
israel in war
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2006, 12:31:58 PM »
it`s not about the soldiers anymore. rockets are raining down on our cities,people`s homes are being destroyed. i just watched em on the news, those 122mm rockets do a lot of damage.

Offline parker00

• Copper Member
      • http://www.68thlightninglancers.com/joomla/index.php
israel in war
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2006, 12:32:53 PM »

The best way to get this resolved is to cut ALL aid from ALL sides and then let them duke it out. The winner gets the land. Same ol stuff for the last 50 years and all of sudden it's supposed to start working. :rolleyes: Same as sticking medal in a outlet over and over and expecting a different outcome each time. Stupid if you ask me.

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
israel in war
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2006, 12:33:44 PM »
Originally posted by BlueJ1
Just wondering, but did you have to serve in the military being that your nation has compulsory service?  (Dumb question i know)

i immigrated too old to serve in the IDF. i wish i could have though.

Offline CHECKERS

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/1502/index.html
israel in war
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2006, 12:36:11 PM »
it`s not about the soldiers anymore. rockets are raining down on our cities,people`s homes are being destroyed. i just watched em on the news, those 122mm rockets do a lot of damage.

~Caligula~ You & yours ,  stay safe !

GO ISRAEL!!!

CHECKERS ....
Originally posted by Panman
God the BK's are some some ugly mo-fo's. Please no more pictures, I'm going blind Bet your mothers don't even love ya cause u'all sooooooooo F******* ulgy.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
israel in war
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2006, 12:37:26 PM »

I know, but those rockets would not have started raining down if Israel had not started the "offencive" right? Violence breeds viloence.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
israel in war
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2006, 12:38:31 PM »
i immigrated too old to serve in the IDF. i wish i could have though.

Then Bud just take good care of you and your Family and stay low...Shalom.

Mac

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
israel in war
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2006, 12:57:26 PM »
I know, but those rockets would not have started raining down if Israel had not started the "offencive" right? Violence breeds viloence.

The rockets probably would have been fired on Israeli cities eventually anyways. Wouldn't be the first time either.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
israel in war
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2006, 01:01:50 PM »
Originally posted by Elfie
The rockets probably would have been fired on Israeli cities eventually anyways. Wouldn't be the first time either.

Thats prolly true. In most tense areas both sides are looking for and excuse to open fire, but with clever diplomacy and/or keeping your head cool you can avoid it for as long as possible or alltogheter.

So far over 100 civilian casualties on both sides.