Author Topic: IDF says "building collapsed 8 hours after the attack"  (Read 3201 times)

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
IDF says "building collapsed 8 hours after the attack"
« Reply #120 on: August 03, 2006, 01:09:43 PM »
Originally posted by straffo
Hey mister Expert, you're incompetent.

And Rigor Mortis depend of the environement : think of the TEMPERATURE.

Exactly, thats why there is a variable given on when rigormortis sets in.

*edit* At no time on this board have I ever been rude to you or attacked you. Please try to remain civil in the future. :)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 01:17:40 PM by Elfie »
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: August 03, 2006, 02:38:22 PM »
Rigor mortis:

http://chemistry.about.com/cs/biochemistry/a/aa061903a.htm

Rigor mortis can be used to help estimate time of death. The onset of rigor mortis may range from 10 minutes to several hours, depending on factors including temperature (rapid cooling of a body can inhibit rigor mortis, but it occurs upon thawing). Maximum stiffness is reached around 12-24 hours post mortem. Facial muscles are affected first, with the rigor then spreading to other parts of the body. The joints are stiff for 1-3 days, but after this time general tissue decay and leaking of lysosomal intracellular digestive enzymes will cause the muscles to relax. It is interesting to note that meat is generally considered to be more tender if it is eaten after rigor mortis has passed.

The question Gunslinger and I both have concerning rigor mortis isnt the fact that rigor mortis has set in. It's that some of the corpses have full blown rigor mortis and some are just in the initial stages. If all these people died when the building collapsed wouldnt their various stages of rigor mortis at least be similar? Temperature affects all the corpses in that building equally does it not?
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: August 03, 2006, 03:06:26 PM »
Originally posted by Elfie
Rigor mortis:

http://chemistry.about.com/cs/biochemistry/a/aa061903a.htm

Rigor mortis can be used to help estimate time of death. The onset of rigor mortis may range from 10 minutes to several hours, depending on factors including temperature (rapid cooling of a body can inhibit rigor mortis, but it occurs upon thawing). Maximum stiffness is reached around 12-24 hours post mortem. Facial muscles are affected first, with the rigor then spreading to other parts of the body. The joints are stiff for 1-3 days, but after this time general tissue decay and leaking of lysosomal intracellular digestive enzymes will cause the muscles to relax. It is interesting to note that meat is generally considered to be more tender if it is eaten after rigor mortis has passed.

The question Gunslinger and I both have concerning rigor mortis isnt the fact that rigor mortis has set in. It's that some of the corpses have full blown rigor mortis and some are just in the initial stages. If all these people died when the building collapsed wouldnt their various stages of rigor mortis at least be similar? Temperature affects all the corpses in that building equally does it not?

unless you where pulling them from a refrigeration truck on one side of the building then "pulling them out of the rubble" on the other and then walking up a hill for all the AP photographers to see.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: August 07, 2006, 05:03:23 AM »
Originally posted by Elfie

I don't know the answer to your question , I just can point this :

You made some assumptions :

1 - all died at the same time

2 - temperature was homogeneous

3 - the bodies reacted the same

That said I can say if it's staged or not.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #124 on: August 07, 2006, 06:39:46 AM »
One thing I've noticed in the middle east coverage of these events: There's always camera footage of the ambulances arriving.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #125 on: August 07, 2006, 08:32:44 AM »
I don't expect to read anything nice on Pepsi when I am looking at the Coke website.

Please use something else than local (Israeli or Hezboleze) news or blogs to make up your mind... oh wait, maybe it was already made up! :eek:
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.