Author Topic: Chuck Yeager says...  (Read 5668 times)

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Chuck Yeager says...
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2006, 10:38:42 PM »
Bud Anderson went to a con!  THATS AWESOME!  I cant say I recall hearing about any aces invited to the past two cons?  What gives?
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
Chuck Yeager says...
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2006, 10:39:05 PM »
Originally posted by Max
Mace, be proud of the fact that you, in your infinite wisdom and knowledge, can size up a man, his reputation  and a lifetime career in aeronautics in a mere 4 paragrapghs. I'm impressed!

Thank you.
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
Chuck Yeager says...
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2006, 11:40:19 PM »
Chuck Yeager doesnt use acm's, cons just just auger out of fear...

(insert Chuck Norris modifier's here)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 11:45:15 PM by jaxxo »

Offline BBQ_Bob

• Silver Member
      • http://uknightedstates.net
Chuck Yeager says...
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2006, 12:02:33 AM »
You guys got a lot of bawlz to talk bad about Chuck Yeager when not one of you ever flew a real combat mission or for that matter even flew an airplane. :furious

IMO the man can talk as much watermelon or be an a** if he wants to, he earned it. :aok Who's with me ?
UKNIGHTED Propaganda Minister
"There are no Hells Angels in the MA, never"

"they are nowhere near the airport ..they are lost in the desert...they can not read a compass...they are retarded."

For a good time ~~ www.uknightedstates.net

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Chuck Yeager says...
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2006, 12:12:24 AM »
Everything get bigger and better as the years go by .........execpt memory . You guys need to cut this aging AVIATION LEGEND some slack. It's all about respect, ive heard many war stories from my grandfather over the years , and with the passing years they involved a greater amount of the enemy and fewer marines to fight them off , but who the hell was i to correct him? I would have put my head infront of a shotgun before i told him he was full of it .

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
Chuck Yeager says...
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2006, 12:31:27 AM »
from about 275 and up a pony will out turn anything in the air during wwii with the manuvering flaps. it will all so out turn anything in the game at those speeds. at 275 wil it out turn a spit doing 150 no but if the spits is going 275 or above the spit is toast.
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
Chuck Yeager says...
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2006, 01:46:15 AM »
Yeager talked down toward the likes of Scott Crossfield and Bob Hoover.  I wouldn't pee on em to put a fire out.  Especially some of the things he said after Crossfield crashed this past spring.

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Chuck Yeager says...
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2006, 03:33:42 AM »
Originally posted by BBQ_Bob
You guys got a lot of bawlz to talk bad about Chuck Yeager when not one of you ever flew a real combat mission or for that matter even flew an airplane. :furious

IMO the man can talk as much watermelon or be an a** if he wants to, he earned it. :aok Who's with me ?

I'll bet Mace2004 has more hours in Navy fighters than you have dollars in the bank...

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
Chuck Yeager says...
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2006, 03:59:50 AM »
......so in the year 2020 people will be taking field trips to mars Via P-51 with a notch of flaps,....interesting
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Chuck Yeager says...
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2006, 06:52:55 AM »
Be careful idolizing anyone you don't know personally... just because they may be watermelon hot pilots, doesn't mean they are someone that deserves it. (aka Duke Cunningham)

The reverse is also true, some of the Medal of Honor holders are the most humble and decent people you'd ever have the honor to meet.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Chuck Yeager says...
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2006, 06:55:42 AM »
Originally posted by Golfer
Yeager talked down toward the likes of Scott Crossfield and Bob Hoover.  I wouldn't pee on em to put a fire out.  Especially some of the things he said after Crossfield crashed this past spring.

You should read the way Bob Hoover quoted 'Wheaties' Welch in his autobiography. True or not, imho he should of been a little more generous towards the deceased man.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Chuck Yeager says...
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2006, 08:19:34 AM »
Well I enjoy a good debate, but I don't like seeing threads start to be all about disrespecting a veteran.

I can disagree with some of Yeagers comments, and yes, I give the man a lot of slack because they are asked to comment "off the cuff" about a lot of things, then we pick every word apart like phorensic auditors...and hold them to account for every word they utter, on things that they did 60 years ago.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
Chuck Yeager says...
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2006, 08:30:06 AM »
Exactly my thoughts Squire.  :confused:

-C+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Chuck Yeager says...
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2006, 08:57:08 AM »
Especially some of the things he said after Crossfield crashed this past spring.
====
Okay Golfer, what negative or derogatory things did Yeager say about Crossfield after he died?

What negative or derogatory things has Yeager said about Hoover?
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Chuck Yeager says...
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2006, 10:48:34 AM »
Originally posted by bagrat
......so in the year 2020 people will be taking field trips to mars Via P-51 with a notch of flaps,....interesting

thats nothing compared to two notches :eek:
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --