Author Topic: HO fighting....  (Read 4706 times)

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #120 on: August 11, 2006, 09:05:53 AM »
I'll take any shot that presents itself.  If that's a HO shot, and that's my best chance to end the fight quickly, I'll usually take it.  If it's a 262 coming at me HO, I'll always take the shot.

I see people complaining about a 1v3 with the three enemies going HO all the time, but I don't understand the anger.  I salivate at that opportunity.  An enemy who goes HO with me has negated all of his advantages; when severely outnumbered I will take the headon shot whenever the opportunity presents itself.

If it's someone I know, and we're just having fun, of course I won't take the shot.  But dagnabbit, virtual war is hell!  Buck up, you Nancy boys!

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #121 on: August 11, 2006, 10:33:01 AM »
waaaah.  the other guy won't fight the way I want him to.  waaaah.

Seriously... it's the MA. The other guy pays the monthly fee just like the rest of us. If they don't want to learn anything but the HO, that is their perogative.

You want a "fair" fight with rules of engagement, then grab a partner and go to the DA.

Oh, and Levi is my idol!  :D
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline BugsBunny

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #122 on: August 11, 2006, 11:34:18 AM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
Toad, Zazen & SkyRock.   <> there are a few of us left.

Dude, seriusly, stop including yourself in the list.  You dont belong in it.   :lol

Offline BugsBunny

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #123 on: August 11, 2006, 11:41:36 AM »
Originally posted by Reynolds
I disagree. When i am getting vulched from above, he has more E, more speed, and better angles. There is nothing i can do to get behind him almost. So what am i left with? turn head on to him, and climb into him. Deny him a shot at my 6. Hes got altitude, speed, and all i have left is the Head On shot to try to keep him from getting me. In these situations, when its either HO, or get vulched, is that not a fair shot?

Yes.  The guy with the E advantage is controling the fight.  Given equal pilots, you are dead.  So, your best move is to even the situation by turnig head on and making it a 50-50 fight.  The key here is that the guy controling the fight, should avoid the HO and try something else.  After all, he is the one in control

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #124 on: August 11, 2006, 11:41:43 AM »
Originally posted by BugsBunny
Dude, seriusly, stop including yourself in the list.  You dont belong in it.   :lol

The bunny is always good to lay it down. Where's Shane when you don't need a shade.

Offline esohn

• Zinc Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #125 on: August 11, 2006, 12:21:58 PM »
I prefer HO feature in the game. It's more realistic. That's why i'm looking forward to play AH more so than the old airwarrior.

In real fighting, the pilots had to deal with it, too. The skilled prevailed anyways regardless the opponent HO or not.

In airwarrior, I didn't have to worry about HO but it wasn't that realistic.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #126 on: August 11, 2006, 12:31:09 PM »
Originally posted by BugsBunny

What's funny is you think I care about your opinion.   I'll never make anyone's list, nor do I want to.   So again, my first sentence explains it.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline g00b

• Nickel Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2006, 02:28:22 PM »
Toad, Zazen & SkyRock.   <> there are a few of us left.

Snicker... Oh, you few, the proud,  the brave. What an elite group, I wish  I could be a part of it :huh You impose your own doctorine to a "game" which has never been sanctioned  by any of those in a position of authority, and indeed never even accepted by the majority. So you and your 6 friends can run around screaming "he HO'd me" and feel good and rightous and have an excuse as to why you died. You're cut from the same mold as those who whine about sniper guns, rocket launchers, campers, etc, etc, etc... You should rejoice every time someone goes for the HO and gives you the angles. Or does your sence of honor require you to fly straight and level to keep the fight fair?

Get over it. That HO'ing is somehow "wrong", is a fallacy to protect fragile egos, created by those who simply can't get out of the way of my guns.

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
      • http://flyingknights.csmsites.com
HO fighting....
« Reply #128 on: August 11, 2006, 02:46:56 PM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
What a goobR loser dweeb statement!  HO's are for folks that are lazy and don't want to learn how to dogfight.  If your pathetic life allows you to play this game for more than six months and still call the HO a valid tactic in a cartoon plane game, then it says alot about what kinda of competitor you are.  I HO'd the dickens out of people when I first played because it was the only thing that gave me a 50% chance at survival.  In hindsight, I realise it was because I had no other manuvers to set the guy up.  I agree with Zazen that many of the vets that fly Hurri's see a plane coming in on their 6 with E and turn to face them and fire and then say, "Don't point your nose at me or I will Shoot!" in their lame attempt to validate a pisspoor, loser, no-skill, lazy, not wanting to learn, type of gameplay.  When in reality they could nose down for some E, let the guy get about 1000 off, start a slow turn either direction, and barrel roll around the guys bullets to end up on his six as he's passing by to fill his six full of zooka's!  Learn to not HO!  Learn to not HO!  It ruins what is so special about AH, which is the opportunity to "dogfight" WWII planes.

Thats ***** retarded. Not all aircraft can accelerate fast enough in a dive to get away. So what, just so the guy doesnt get whiney, i should give him a free kill? I understand that turning tightly can often shake them, but if the guy wants to BnZ, you have every right to counter that maneuver in any way you see fit. I dont understand you guy. I have no qualms with getting HOd. I tried one maneuver, he got lined up, just as i was trying to do, and he pulled the trigger first. Its simple. Its not like the guy vulched you (Which i tend to have a problem with if its done repeatedly by the same guy) You had the opportunity to maneuver out of his line of sight. You didnt do it. You took the guy head on and gave him the perfect shot. You fked up. Dont expect him to feel pity and let you go. He SHOULD take that shot. He earned it fair and square.

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
      • http://flyingknights.csmsites.com
HO fighting....
« Reply #129 on: August 11, 2006, 02:51:30 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by TinmanX
Was cruising along at 17k earlier today in a 38J. Spied a lone 51, he spied me, no other planes around looked like a good fight was in the offing. Went to merge, we were both fast and coming at each other head on. I dipped my nose a little and my right wing to show I had no intention of HOing. He dipped his nose and left wing, matched my course and lit me up.

That is a HO in my book. That is showing no intention of tying to fight our pretend planes until skill decides the winner.

Incidentally, I still beat him and took great pleasure in taking every peice off of his plane until he bailed, then I shot down his parachute. yes, I was bitter.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now THIS IS a bad HO. This is the thing we can complain about. You maneuvered to show him you werent going to HO, and he took advantage of you. I agree completely Tinman.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #130 on: August 11, 2006, 02:53:14 PM »
Originally posted by g00b
Snicker... Oh, you few, the proud,  the brave. What an elite group, I wish  I could be a part of it :huh You impose your own doctorine to a "game" which has never been sanctioned  by any of those in a position of authority, and indeed never even accepted by the majority. So you and your 6 friends can run around screaming "he HO'd me" and feel good and rightous and have an excuse as to why you died. You're cut from the same mold as those who whine about sniper guns, rocket launchers, campers, etc, etc, etc... You should rejoice every time someone goes for the HO and gives you the angles. Or does your sence of honor require you to fly straight and level to keep the fight fair?

Get over it. That HO'ing is somehow "wrong", is a fallacy to protect fragile egos, created by those who simply can't get out of the way of my guns.

Nothing Elite, some don't feel like HO'ing 90% of the time.   May favorite's are the one's that run, and give chase when I turn.  THose people have NO BUSINESS shelling out $14.95 a month.   Then again, I kill 110's in a HO with a Spit 1.   But, I don't need to do it all of the time.   There is no skill, or challenge to it.   Sorry if wanting a challenge is to much to ask.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline BugsBunny

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #131 on: August 11, 2006, 03:02:55 PM »
What's funny is you think I care about your opinion.   I'll never make anyone's list, nor do I want to.   So again, my first sentence explains it.

:D Just stating some facts, no opinions.  For example, Todd, Zaz, and Sky don't belong in the same list.  

By saing "there are a few of us left" you entered your self in three lists.  Some you don't belong in and some you don't want to be in. :lol

One is a born killer, the other is a profecional cherry picker, and the third is confused.  What did you mean when you said "us?"

:lol

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #132 on: August 11, 2006, 03:04:12 PM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
I'll take any shot that presents itself.  If that's a HO shot, and that's my best chance to end the fight quickly, I'll usually take it.  If it's a 262 coming at me HO, I'll always take the shot.

I see people complaining about a 1v3 with the three enemies going HO all the time, but I don't understand the anger.  I salivate at that opportunity.  An enemy who goes HO with me has negated all of his advantages; when severely outnumbered I will take the headon shot whenever the opportunity presents itself.

If it's someone I know, and we're just having fun, of course I won't take the shot.  But dagnabbit, virtual war is hell!  Buck up, you Nancy boys!

-- Todd/Leviathn

Hell ifin it's good enough for this guy.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #133 on: August 11, 2006, 04:02:08 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
 Clearly what he saw and what I saw was different so judging when to slide out of the way doesn't always work.

That being said, what it speaks to is a lack of effort on the part of the HO pilot not some great tactic.

This isn't the real deal so there is no risk for a guy taking a HO.  If he miscalculates, all he loses is his airplane which is replaced by a brand new one everytime he dies.

The minute HTC makes this a one life and you are done game, then I'll buy into the HO as a valid tactic. Because then you have something to lose and the HO involves some risk.   Until then it's just lack of effort.

Just my opinion of course and you are free to have fun anyway you see fit in the game.  And if that means HOing away everytime, go for it.

good points.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #134 on: August 11, 2006, 07:19:35 PM »
Originally posted by g00b
Snicker... Oh, you few, the proud,  the brave. What an elite group, I wish  I could be a part of it  

I challenge you to find a post where I complained about being HO'd.

Go ahead, search away.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!