Author Topic: France sides with Hezbollah  (Read 4691 times)

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
France sides with Hezbollah
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2006, 09:34:50 AM »
hezbollah attacks not specific military targets or any infrastructure in israel that would lower israel`s ability to wage war on lebanon. their goal is to terrorize the general population by spreading fear. the north of israel is not getting destroyed....it is being terrorized. anyone debating wether hezbollah a terror organization or not has absolutelly no clue what he`s talking about.

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2006, 09:39:29 AM »
Originally posted by Fishu
What is worth bashing the french in this news?

They're not siding with Hezbollah as apparent from the news itself:
"In addition, the French have reportedly agreed with Arab demands that the Lebanese force be accompanied only by UNIFIL, with no international force to be deployed.

Syria, Iran and Hezbollah are pushing to take Lebanon's offer to deploy 15,000 forces into the embattled southern region along with UNIFIL forces to gain stability without an international force there after more than three weeks of intense fighting."

If it works, then what's the problem?
Israel has demanded forces to the south to prevent Hezbollah from launching rocket attacks against Israel. The last news I heard on this was that the Israeli government is considering the offer from the Lebanese government - which is the above quoted.
If Israelis accepts the offer, would that make them siding with Hezbollah too?

i`ve heard that they aggreed to calling also the toothfairy the eastern bunny and maybe even santa claus to accompany UNIFIL in their very productive mission.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2006, 09:44:40 AM »
If hezbollah isn't a terrorist organization, then that provides even more legitimacy to Israel fighting back against attacks against Israeli cities and citizens.  If Hezbollah is a "legit" organization, then that legit organization is facing the understandable consequences of lobbing unguided weapons into random population centers.

So, which is it?  Is Israel attacking a terrorist organization that cannot be controlled by a legitimate lebanese government, or is Israel attacking a legtimate organization that has been carrying out attacks against Israeli population centers?  It seems like either way, it's a legitimate reaction to a lethal threat.

When a snake bites you in your own yard, you don't ask for it's opinion.  You burn it out.  If the snake bites you and retreats to a nest in your neighbors yard, and your neighbor refuses to burn out the snake, you still go in and burn out the snake.

The jackprettythang 3 doors down pledging to avenge the burned out snake is likely just a distraction, so ignore him unless he attacks.  If he does, then he's just another snake to burn out.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2006, 09:47:16 AM »
The French want Israel to withdraw from Lebanon and then the ceasefire begins. The French will then enforce the ceasefire with UNIFIL. Who in their right mind believes that even if Hezbollah stops firing it will last for more than a few days or weeks?

If the French want to dictate terms to Israel in this there should be some accountability involved. What will the French be required to do should someone violate the ceasefire? More of the same from the last 20 years won't cut it.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2006, 09:51:15 AM »
Originally posted by lukster
Who in their right mind believes that even if Hezbollah stops firing it will last for more than a few days or weeks?

All the more reason for Israel to get back into the business against Hezbollah in Lebanon. Then nobody can say that Israel didn't give a (yet another) chance for peace.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2006, 09:55:27 AM »
Originally posted by PonyDriver
But for us, the French would be speaking German right now.

It's Russian not German ! try to get it right damit !

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2006, 10:20:55 AM »
Originally posted by Fishu
All the more reason for Israel to get back into the business against Hezbollah in Lebanon. Then nobody can say that Israel didn't give a (yet another) chance for peace.

Exactly how many "chances for peace" do they have to give? Exactly how many Isreali citizens must die in terrorists attacks, during how many "cease fires", before it becomes apparent that "cease fires" don't result in peace?

Enough already, Hamas, Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad, and the rest of their ilk, DO NOT WANT PEACE, and in fact have stated their desired goal repeatedly, as have Syria and Iran.

If your neighbor says to you "I want you and your family dead, and your home destroyed", how many times do you let him try to blow up your home, or how many of your family do you allow him to slaughter, before you decide he means it?
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2006, 10:48:33 AM »
What is so hard to figure out?

Stop occupying Lebanon and they'll stop firing rockets.

Every time one country stops occupying or interfering in the affairs of another country, people stop attacking them. Works every time.

The same people who would resist with deadly force armed intruders trying to 'occupy' their house, land or their country are now in support of intruders over defenders? Now that is chutzpah.

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2006, 10:55:58 AM »
Originally posted by straffo
His post still have more values than the post of Neubob or AWMac

Now that hurts, straffo. I actually thought we'd come to some sort of consensus in the death to amreeka thread. I guess I was wrong.

PS, thanks for the stalk work. I didn't think anyone was noticing my Franco-bashing until now.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 10:59:59 AM by Neubob »

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2006, 11:00:59 AM »
Originally posted by Rolex
What is so hard to figure out?

Stop occupying Lebanon and they'll stop firing rockets.

Every time one country stops occupying or interfering in the affairs of another country, people stop attacking them. Works every time.

The same people who would resist with deadly force armed intruders trying to 'occupy' their house, land or their country are now in support of intruders over defenders? Now that is chutzpah.

What's so hard to figure out?

You've got to be kidding, right?

Israel is in Lebanon because Lebanon allowed Hezbollah to operate from their territory against Israel.

Comparing a citizen defending his home against a criminal intruder, to Hezbollah terrorists in Lebanon defending their territory after Hezbollah invaded Israel and kidnapped Israelis is total Bravo Sierra. More moral equivalence. What a joke.

Oh, and by the way, in case you forgot Israel left Lebanon quite a while back. Sort of odd how Hezbollah attacked Israel anyway, AFTER Israel left. Sort of blows your theory in your second and third sentences right to Hell. But then, you knew that already, didn't you.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2006, 11:59:11 AM »
Israel ignored UNSC Resolution 425 since 1978 and never did completely withdraw. Tensions along the disputed 'blue line' continued daily with the UN confirming that the Israelis were breaching the border, not Lebanon or Hezbollah. Not to mention the Israeli re-routing of a river to deny Lebanon their share of shared water rights.

The analogy is valid. The Israeli soldiers were captured inside Lebanon. That pretty much settles who is the invader, doesn't it? I'll put it in bold since you like that:

The Israeli soldiers were captured inside LEBANON (L - E - B - A - N - O - N).

Offline tikky

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2006, 12:07:23 PM »
geeez IDF acts like ruthless german soldiers on the east front.  Just like the german order, Kill 1 of them and they kill 1000.

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2006, 12:12:12 PM »
Originally posted by Rolex
Israel ignored UNSC Resolution 425 since 1978 and never did completely withdraw. Tensions along the disputed 'blue line' continued daily with the UN confirming that the Israelis were breaching the border, not Lebanon or Hezbollah. Not to mention the Israeli re-routing of a river to deny Lebanon their share of shared water rights.

The analogy is valid. The Israeli soldiers were captured inside Lebanon. That pretty much settles who is the invader, doesn't it? I'll put it in bold since you like that:

The Israeli soldiers were captured inside LEBANON (L - E - B - A - N - O - N).

Since you brought in the UN.

"United Nations Security Council Resolution 1559 was a resolution adopted by the United Nations Security Council on September 2, 2004. It called upon Lebanon to establish its sovereignty over all of its land and called upon Syria to end its military presence in Lebanon by withdrawing its forces and to cease intervening in internal Lebanese politics. The resolution also called on all Lebanese militias to disband."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Security_Council_Resolution_1559

That would make Hezbollah an outlawed renegade organization which has no legal right to be defending the borders of Lebanon.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2006, 12:31:29 PM »
Originally posted by Neubob
Now that hurts, straffo. I actually thought we'd come to some sort of consensus in the death to amreeka thread. I guess I was wrong.

nope

PS, thanks for the stalk work. I didn't think anyone was noticing my Franco-bashing until now. [/B]

No one is more blind than someone who don't want to see.

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2006, 12:51:36 PM »
Originally posted by deSelys
Nice post Momus

ditto:aok