Author Topic: Skuzzy Taunt  (Read 2479 times)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Skuzzy Taunt
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2006, 02:42:24 AM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
Same temps as we have had the past week or so Ripsnort so it has cooled down abit... about 70.

Right now the water and air are about the same temps.. :)  Max temp I have seen this summer around me is 89 with an ocean temp of 74.

oh yeah? Well I can fry an egg on the dash of my truck so there.:p

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Skuzzy Taunt
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2006, 07:21:13 AM »
Originally posted by ramzey
very smoggy pictures, what settings do you use?
its idiot camera or you use SLR any filters?

This is my G6 with an AquaPak. Basically its inside a bag that is good to 15 ft. depth. (I don't bring the Nikon D70s out on the boat...)

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
Skuzzy Taunt
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2006, 07:31:33 AM »
Originally posted by majic
Is Arkansas part of the New Madrid system too, or a different one?  I remember about 15 years back feeling a quake from Southern IL all the way up in North Central IL.

Yes; I live on the New Madrid fault. It formed a line of hills called Crowelys Ridge just east of my home town. It dwarfs anything California has to offer, the San Andreas fault just moves more frequently. They say when the New Madrid moves again, Memphis will be just a memory.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Skuzzy Taunt
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2006, 10:23:20 AM »
When New Madrid awakens, there will be a lot of areas that was only a memory
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Skuzzy Taunt
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2006, 11:12:18 AM »
In Tulsa, OK we consider 90~99 as a cold spell.  We've had 4+  Weeks of 3 digit temps.

Last week we had Sparrows exploding in mid flight. Stupid birds. Tasty though....like chicken.

Last Saturday night we had a severe storm roll into Tulsa that had micro burst that was tossin telephone poles down like they were toothpicks...blinding lighning and ear shattering thunder that left tar marks in my drawers.  Still doing laundry and trying to unclaw the cat from the ceiling.

Now we have another storm coming from the West that is gonna be just as bad. My Goldie is looking West, whining and peeing down his leg. Can't get him to move. It's as if someone Superglued his arse to the ground.

Otherwise, Oklahoma is OK!  

:aok

Mac

BRB, gotta turn the side of beef I have cookin on the hood of the car.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Skuzzy Taunt
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2006, 01:55:51 PM »
Mac,

4 weeks of tripple digits?!?!?! Hell, Arizona ( a suburb of hell) gets 4 MONTHS or more of triple digits. Cry me a river wimpy!
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Skuzzy Taunt
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2006, 02:28:25 PM »
Originally posted by Brenjen
Yes; I live on the New Madrid fault.  They say when the New Madrid moves again, Memphis will be just a memory.

Elvis is dead. Memphis STINKS. Few would even remember it after a year or so. Except for the corrupt Ford family of fine Tennessee Democrats.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Skuzzy Taunt
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2006, 02:57:08 PM »
Originally posted by AWMac
In Tulsa, OK we consider 90~99 as a cold spell.  We've had 4+  Weeks of 3 digit temps.

Last week we had Sparrows exploding in mid flight. Stupid birds. Tasty though....like chicken.

Last Saturday night we had a severe storm roll into Tulsa that had micro burst that was tossin telephone poles down like they were toothpicks...blinding lighning and ear shattering thunder that left tar marks in my drawers.  Still doing laundry and trying to unclaw the cat from the ceiling.

Now we have another storm coming from the West that is gonna be just as bad. My Goldie is looking West, whining and peeing down his leg. Can't get him to move. It's as if someone Superglued his arse to the ground.

Otherwise, Oklahoma is OK!  

Mac

BRB, gotta turn the side of beef I have cookin on the hood of the car.

Heh, Mac I just had a young couple that worked for me moved to Oklahoma Chitty (poor SOB joined the Air Force).  I fed them horror stories about Oklahoma for a good 2 months.  Thank Mother Nature for me for backing me up.  :aok

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Skuzzy Taunt
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2006, 04:36:28 PM »
Originally posted by Maverick
Mac,

4 weeks of tripple digits?!?!?! Hell, Arizona ( a suburb of hell) gets 4 MONTHS or more of triple digits. Cry me a river wimpy!

Mav.... are ya ready for this.....?

BUT IT'S DRY HEAT!!!!

I know I lived at Ft Huachuca for a Year... Nice storms too.

Mac

Wimpy?
:rofl
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 04:56:49 PM by AWMac »

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
Skuzzy Taunt
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2006, 04:44:43 PM »
Originally posted by Maverick
Mac,

went to school @ ASU.  first week i was there i made the mistake of tubing down the rio salado without any sunscreen.

bright purple and peeled like a freekin lizard.

that's just before sun poisoning kicked in and put me down for the count.

had a nightmare once about a guy with coke bottle glasses looking at me with the sun behind him...i was vaporized instantly.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Skuzzy Taunt
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2006, 04:54:17 PM »
missouri here.  Had 3 weeks of upper 90's and 100's.  Work in a soft drink manufacturing plant hwere they have to cook the fillers with steam for 4 hours before a run.  Its unbearable as I have to work on them when they break down, which they are prone to do as sensitive electronics have no tolerance for 120 degree steam heat.  Dont ever become a maintenance tech unless in airconditioned plant:( .

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Skuzzy Taunt
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2006, 05:15:37 PM »
Storm has passed... but get this.

They showed a Red Shopping cart doing about 25 MPH down the road running perfect and me being in heart and mind of an AH wanna be Pil33t I got to thinking right away. Man if this thing had wings, tail and rudder I could get it off the ground.

Doing the math now... I'll just wear an old cheap football helmet. I could make this happen!  Be on the NEWS and "Thats Incredible" "America's Funniest Home Video" and "Ripleys Believe it or not".

It might fly like a PIG or a heavy loaded Stuka but DAMMMM it'd be worth the ride!!!  Duct tape the cat to the front to get that screaming diving sound, my Goldie behind me for added weight and moral support.

I see this happening!

Mac

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Skuzzy Taunt
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2006, 05:53:56 PM »
Dont fret, Skuzzy.  When Mt rainier finally blows up, Rip will boast of his own personal lava runs and bragg he has more ash accumulation than anyone else.

Ash hole!  :D

Offline 68Turbo

• Zinc Member
Skuzzy Taunt
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2006, 06:28:35 PM »
refugees from Katrina are going back to Louisiana where it is dry.

HIGHLY doubt that.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Skuzzy Taunt
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2006, 06:40:32 PM »
The Katrina refugees are in Texas, doing the crimes Texans wont do  :p