Author Topic: Skuzzy Taunt  (Read 2478 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Skuzzy Taunt
« on: August 20, 2006, 06:59:53 PM »
A nice dry (65% humidity) 84 degrees today. This week, mid-70's to low 80's. Been like this aaaaaaaalllllllllll summer! :D

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
Skuzzy Taunt
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 07:06:28 PM »
Its 63 now here. Had to break out the jeans and hoodie today. Cold rain to.

Is that Mt. Saint Helens?
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Skuzzy Taunt
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 07:10:10 PM »
106F about an hour ago here.  Been that temperature all last week.  Lieing sack of poop weatherpeople said we were supposed to get a break this weekend.  I'd like to break them.  Sheesh.
I can't even work in the garage.  The yard is starting to look like Grand Canyon.  The house foundation is about to slide into the abyss created from lack of rain.  We can't water anymore due to restrictions.

I keep looking at northern Alaska drooling.

Ripstorn,  go ahead and kick me while I am down.  Paybacks are a biznatch.  :)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 07:13:06 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Skuzzy Taunt
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 07:29:39 PM »
Originally posted by BlueJ1
Its 63 now here. Had to break out the jeans and hoodie today. Cold rain to.

Is that Mt. Saint Helens?

Rainier. St.Helens doesn't have a top anymore.

That's snow up on top of Rainier Skuzzy, 1 hour away if you want to play in the snow. :D

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Skuzzy Taunt
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 08:31:04 PM »
very smoggy pictures, what settings do you use?
its idiot camera or you use SLR any filters?

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
Skuzzy Taunt
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 08:50:40 PM »
there r teh wildfires which reduce visibility substantially below 5500'

Offline MrBill

• Nickel Member
Skuzzy Taunt
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2006, 09:41:25 PM »
Freekin rain!

It has rained in 31 straight days or nights here, half the state is flooded. They even had to evacuate a whole town at one point. refugees from Katrina are going back to Louisiana where it is dry.

I want to go riding!!!! My horse is going BARN SOUR.

Gotta love the monsoon season in the DRY country.
We do not stop playing because we grow old
We grow old because we stop playing

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
Skuzzy Taunt
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 09:41:32 PM »
I thought you were being awfully smug for a fella with a volcano close enough to vaporize the lake you're in, but hey...here in Arkansas we're on one of the biggest fault lines in the country & it doesn't move very often, so when it does *clang* We also have a little volcanic activity in Hot Springs; thermal vents I think they call them, the volcano hasn't done anything in thousands of years.

So at least you're enjoying a good climate before you get it; I feel like a sucker for ever leaving Gresham Oregon sometimes. The northwest is a great place.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Skuzzy Taunt
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2006, 10:49:33 PM »
We have a virgin exchange program that keeps our Volcano in check ...
(Well most of the time)

the fires are 200 miles away  from there .. And there nasty .. containment date is est at oct 10 right now .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline majic

• Silver Member
Skuzzy Taunt
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2006, 11:50:51 PM »
Originally posted by Brenjen
I thought you were being awfully smug for a fella with a volcano close enough to vaporize the lake you're in, but hey...here in Arkansas we're on one of the biggest fault lines in the country & it doesn't move very often, so when it does *clang* We also have a little volcanic activity in Hot Springs; thermal vents I think they call them, the volcano hasn't done anything in thousands of years.

So at least you're enjoying a good climate before you get it; I feel like a sucker for ever leaving Gresham Oregon sometimes. The northwest is a great place.

Is Arkansas part of the New Madrid system too, or a different one?  I remember about 15 years back feeling a quake from Southern IL all the way up in North Central IL.

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
Skuzzy Taunt
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 12:13:01 AM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
106F about an hour ago here.  Been that temperature all last week.  Lieing sack of poop weatherpeople said we were supposed to get a break this weekend.  I'd like to break them.  Sheesh.
I can't even work in the garage.  The yard is starting to look like Grand Canyon.  The house foundation is about to slide into the abyss created from lack of rain.  We can't water anymore due to restrictions.

I keep looking at northern Alaska drooling.

Ripstorn,  go ahead and kick me while I am down.  Paybacks are a biznatch.  :)

I think the weather people here sya that stuff to give us some kind of hope skuzzy.
i gotta crawl around in attics part of the day but ussually i try to get my attic work done in the early morning.
What kind of restrictons you got in your area skuzzy? im in garland and we still get to water twice a week. i know alot of other cities close by can only water 1 day a week becouse they get their water from lake lavon. We get ours from ray hubbard and its in better shape than most of the smaller lakes around
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Skuzzy Taunt
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2006, 12:16:57 AM »
I remember that 15 year ago quake, thought it was 4.7 or something close to that area.

I hope im far away whenever the New Madrid fault cracks open. They are predicting the next big one is due anytime now and it to have a magnitude of 8 or more. What makes it worse is the way the soil system is around the Mississippi river, something that has to do with the way earthquake waves travel. Supposedly the waves pass through easier and therefore the magnitude and energy takes longer to dissipate, equaling more widespread damage. We been having smaller quakes pretty frequently, around the area of 1.5. Hopefully it is slowwly releasing the pressure so it wont build up, but I doubt were that lucky.

Several days ago ESDA and the emergency services of the areas did a mock earthquake disaster in  this part of the state. The last big drill they did, the simulated over 60% of the highways impassable/destroyed which effectively shutdown the entire southern half of the state. And being a volunteer FF and 2 blocks from the station, I will be one of the first ones to be on the frontline of the disaster.

When the fault goes, all of us down here are royally screwed and thats no joke.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 12:21:00 AM by Meatwad »
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Skuzzy Taunt
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2006, 12:21:38 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
1 hour away if you want to play in the snow. :D

No one likes you.:mad:

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
Skuzzy Taunt
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2006, 01:13:23 AM »
i think skuzzy should ban rip for an undetermined amount of time, maybe till a nice bone chilling winter sets in where he lives or after the volcano blows or something of that nature.
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Skuzzy Taunt
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2006, 01:45:34 AM »
Same temps as we have had the past week or so Ripsnort so it has cooled down abit... about 70.

Right now the water and air are about the same temps.. :)  Max temp I have seen this summer around me is 89 with an ocean temp of 74.