Author Topic: P-47m  (Read 1776 times)

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
P-47m
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2007, 02:48:39 PM »
Originally posted by Benny Moore
Do you want to duel me, you in a P-47D and me in a ship of my choice, below 20,000 feet?  I'm more than happy to do so and post the resulting film here, regardless of outcome.

sure :)

all planes can beat any other plane if the pilot know what to do. just look at the 56th guys like yucca blukitty and platano. despite their size and weight, jugs are very maneuverable, and can get very slow.

you're an H2H guy right? what room and when? (keep in mind there's a 5+ hr time gap)

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
P-47m
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2007, 02:50:31 PM »
Originally posted by Fianna
Who gets the advantage of hosting? You'd have to play in a neutral room.

And my money's on Biggles.v;)

:D

fun fights the other night Fi :) you're good in that 38, but you could do with being more aggressive. while it's good to play by your own rules, you need to be forceful about those rules ;)

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
P-47m
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2007, 02:52:09 PM »
just saw your arena post benny, full realism, sounds kinda fun :) when do you want to do this? :)

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Fianna

• Nickel Member
P-47m
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2007, 02:54:01 PM »
I still can't believe I got my butt kicked by a Hellcat. :lol

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
P-47m
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2007, 02:59:27 PM »
Poof is TeH h/-\xXoR.

:D :D :noid :noid :D :D

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
P-47m
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2007, 03:29:15 PM »
Originally posted by Fianna
I still can't believe I got my butt kicked by a Hellcat. :lol

don't underestimate any plane :) that hellcat can really hang, no one really appreciates it :)

and yes bronk you're right, i r teh l337 haxxor :p

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
P-47m
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2007, 03:49:41 PM »
He just challanged Bigs to fight in a JUG?! THAT FOOL! Ive seen bigs fly that jug, Jees, Im betting Bigs definetly! I agree with the dont underestimate any plane. The HMK1 is a fantastic plane, and its fun when people feel confident enough, then I shoot them down! Go on Biggles, you can win!
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
P-47m
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2007, 04:21:13 PM »
Benny Moore is anti-everything-but-America, from what I gather of his posts.

He has a very obvious agenda of making all US planes out perform all other planes.

On top of that, he doesn't bother to learn the US planes as-is very well.

Take a jug anywhere below 20k... um.. okay. Most of the fights I've had in them are below 10k (most fights usually 5k and lower). I've out-fought 109G2s, out-turned Ki84s, reversed on more manuverable enemies, and stalled out C205s, all in a P47D. [EDIT: Oh, and by the way, I suck in this plane! If *I* can do it anybody can!] Guess what? The plane already kicks much behind. If you think it doesn't, practice with it. Fly nothing BUT the P47D for a period no shorter than 3 months. You'll find out just what it can do.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
P-47m
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2007, 04:33:22 PM »
I love how HTC can at the same time manage to both cater to their American player base to the detriment of the foreign players while simultaneously ruin the American planes because of some European player agenda.   They're more talented than I thought.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
P-47m
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2007, 05:18:25 PM »
This thread is pretty funny, if you ignore how sad it is. I'm realy enjoying the personal attacks especially. It's amazing the number of people who live in glass houses who persist in throwing rocks. Please continue.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
P-47m
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2007, 05:22:56 PM »
Originally posted by Soulyss
I love how HTC can at the same time manage to both cater to their American player base to the detriment of the foreign players while simultaneously ruin the American planes because of some European player agenda.   They're more talented than I thought.

That's indeed a sign of true genius. A wise man once said "if you can keep them all pissing and moaning, you've got it just about right". Looks like the balance is really close.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
P-47m
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2007, 06:02:19 PM »
Originally posted by Major Biggles
just saw your arena post benny, full realism, sounds kinda fun :) when do you want to do this?

Let's try tomorrow at 2:00 p.m. my time, which would be, ah, 7:00 p.m. your time?  This is going to be fun, either way!  If you can pull this off I'll let you call me an idiot every day without debating it.  I'd like to a few different ships, if you don't mind; I have a few historical matchups in mind as well as some ahistorical ones.  In particular, I'm thinking of the Me-109, FW-190, Ki-84, Spitfire Mark XVI, and P-38L.  If time's a problem I can cut a few of those out.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 06:07:03 PM by Benny Moore »

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
P-47m
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2007, 08:23:37 PM »
Let's try tomorrow at 2:00 p.m. my time, which would be, ah, 7:00 p.m. your time?  This is going to be fun, either way!  If you can pull this off I'll let you call me an idiot every day without debating it.  I'd like to a few different ships, if you don't mind; I have a few historical matchups in mind as well as some ahistorical ones.  In particular, I'm thinking of the Me-109, FW-190, Ki-84, Spitfire Mark XVI, and P-38L.  If time's a problem I can cut a few of those out.

i can't make it for 2pm, 2:30/2:45 ok?

should be fun, as you say :)

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
P-47m
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2007, 08:34:56 PM »
Right, the server should be up and running by then.

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
P-47m
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2007, 08:51:01 PM »
Right, the server should be up and running by then.

hope it isn't full by the time i get home, lol, annoying freeloader arenas!!! (give us 32 player H2H for paying members HT!!!, password protected of course)

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC