Author Topic: P-47m  (Read 1778 times)

Offline Stoney74

• Silver Member
P-47m
« on: August 30, 2006, 03:33:45 PM »
Don't know anything about code or how hard this would be to model, but it seems like an easy one to me.  No putting together a brand new airplane here.  

Just take the P-47D-25 (or D-40 if you want to count all the field modified dorsal fins) airframe and substitute the P-47N engine.  Everything else (as far as gameplay is concerned) seems identical, other than performance.

I know Yucca has asked for it before, and I know "there will be no new planes until CT is finished".  But this wouldn't take very long to put together would it?  Find a generic 56th skin for the default and voila.  Then we get to make all those cool 56th skins... I know only 150 were built, but then that matches Ta-152 production as well...

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
P-47m
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 05:20:20 PM »
I'm not saying this is a bad idea, but we already have 4 models of the P-47. We need new planes more than versions of stuff we already have.

The plane set is starting to get stale...we need something that's never been seen in any form in this game to try out and learn. Hundreds of aircraft to choose from. I'm not even going to suggest which one I'd like to see.....anything new would be welcomed in my book.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
P-47m
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 06:35:07 PM »
Unique
B-25H

Mosquito FB Mk.XVIII. with 57mm

The barrel of the 57mm cannon is clearly visible.
External fuel tanks are fitted under the wing

Messerschmitt Me-323 Transport
Great for a behind enemy lines raid...

Offline Tails

• Nickel Member
P-47m
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 10:37:16 PM »
Originally posted by mussie
Mosquito FB Mk.XVIII. with 57mm
**pic snipped**
The barrel of the 57mm cannon is clearly visible.
External fuel tanks are fitted under the wing

Thats the Tse Tse, and HTC has said a few times it will never happen, due to the fact it would be used as an anti-bomber sniper.

B-25H would be nice, both as a strafer and a tank killer. Even better if it gets parafrags.

The Me-323 would likely be a LOOOONG ways off, as AH has no way of modelling vehicle transports just yet.
BBTT KTLI KDRU HGQK GDKA SODA HMQP ACES KQTP TLZF LKHQ JAWS SMZJ IDDS RLLS CHAV JEUS BDLI WFJH WQZQ FTXM WUTL KH

(Yup, foxy got an Enigma to play with)

Offline Stoney74

• Silver Member
P-47m
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 12:31:51 AM »
Originally posted by Hornet33
I'm not saying this is a bad idea, but we already have 4 models of the P-47. We need new planes more than versions of stuff we already have.

I agree with you overall.  What I was trying to say is that we already have a flight model for the P-47D-25 and a flight model for the engine of the P-47N.  Put the two together and you have the P-47M.  Like I said, I don't know how difficult that is, but it seems like you could do it much quicker than a brand new aircraft.  

For whatever its worth...

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
P-47m
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 12:04:54 AM »
I'd like to bring this once more to attention with the argument that the European theater does not have a competent P-47 for low altitude work.  The P-47N was apparently never sent to Europe, and it looks different enough from the P-47D that it cannot be used as a substitute for the P-47M.  The P-47D in the game does not have a chance against many of its historical opponents below 20,000 to 30,000 feet.  The P-47M would be a unique addition in that it would give the Americans a P-47 that could do well at low and medium altitudes and which was used in Europe.

Offline Ball

• Silver Member
P-47m
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 02:23:09 AM »
Originally posted by Tails
Thats the Tse Tse, and HTC has said a few times it will never happen, due to the fact it would be used as an anti-bomber sniper.

Yes. And that would be unrealistic.

We need realism... like divebombing 4 engined heavies, IL2's being used as fighters and Mosquito's bursting into flames from the slightest near miss of machine gun fire. ;)

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
P-47m
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 04:37:59 AM »
Originally posted by Benny Moore
I'd like to bring this once more to attention with the argument that the European theater does not have a competent P-47 for low altitude work.  
The P-47M would be a unique addition in that it would give the Americans a P-47 that could do well at low and medium altitudes and which was used in Europe.

Put a paddle blade prop on a razorback jug, and boost it to 70" as was officially approved in 44. This would be a representative 56th FG jug and out perform all the other Ds we have (including the N).
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
P-47m
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007, 10:25:45 AM »
I agree completely, but unfortunately a large portion (probably a majority) of the player base is not American and therefore will not tolerate this happening.  It's politically correct these days to scoff at U.S. technology, you know, and downplay its effectiveness.  I believe Hitech has already said that high boosts will not be given to American airplanes.  That does not rule out the P-47M, though.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
P-47m
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2007, 10:54:18 AM »
I agree completely, but unfortunately a large portion (probably a majority) of the player base is not American and therefore will not tolerate this happening.  It's politically correct these days to scoff at U.S. technology, you know, and downplay its effectiveness.  I believe Hitech has already said that high boosts will not be given to American airplanes.  That does not rule out the P-47M, though.

:huh :huh :huh :huh :huh
Lets see Texas based company .  Prime time for play is 8pm-2 am est. That's when most #s are on. So I'd say most are US players.

HT has to go by the data he uses for a reason. That being if he uses other data it opens the door for other anecdotal data.

Just let it go and work with the tools given.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
P-47m
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2007, 11:27:11 AM »
What about the P-47M?

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
P-47m
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2007, 01:51:09 PM »
I believe reading before that the P47M would not be a logical choice to add to AH because it didn't see that much use in Europe and was plagued with problems when it first arrived.
Also I believe HiTech said that the P47s we have now already have a paddle blade prop.

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
P-47m
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2007, 02:06:15 PM »
I'd like to bring this once more to attention with the argument that the European theater does not have a competent P-47 for low altitude work.  The P-47N was apparently never sent to Europe, and it looks different enough from the P-47D that it cannot be used as a substitute for the P-47M.  The P-47D in the game does not have a chance against many of its historical opponents below 20,000 to 30,000 feet.  The P-47M would be a unique addition in that it would give the Americans a P-47 that could do well at low and medium altitudes and which was used in Europe.

you're an idiot

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
P-47m
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2007, 02:25:02 PM »
Do you want to duel me, you in a P-47D and me in a ship of my choice, below 20,000 feet?  I'm more than happy to do so and post the resulting film here, regardless of outcome.

Offline Fianna

• Nickel Member
P-47m
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2007, 02:47:18 PM »
Who gets the advantage of hosting? You'd have to play in a neutral room.

And my money's on Biggles.v;)