Author Topic: <S> Laz, Slap, Etc  (Read 1081 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« on: October 03, 2006, 12:56:07 PM »
You guys spanked me like a stepchild last night but it was a good time.  Everytime I'd draw decent bead on one of your teammates I'd start coming apart and then hear 'check six' as I was spiraling down.

:rofl

Good times guys :D
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Re: <S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 01:17:30 PM »
Originally posted by Dichotomy
You guys spanked me like a stepchild last night but it was a good time.  Everytime I'd draw decent bead on one of your teammates I'd start coming apart and then hear 'check six' as I was spiraling down.

:rofl

Good times guys :D

they must be slipping up, they let you spiral down.  :D

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 01:40:30 PM »
Dicho ... <> bud ... was much fun ... I was lucky Lazs was with me last night ... I believe last night was my first night back in about 6 weeks or so ... so I needed a little help.

Many continued good fights went on in that area ... loved to see you mix it up, brush yourself off, and get right back in there ... that attitude will bring you a long way in this game as a fighter.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: <S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 01:41:17 PM »
Originally posted by Airscrew
they must be slipping up, they let you spiral down.  :D

Don't think I wasn't tryin' !!!
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 02:05:01 PM »
yep... good times with good fights.    I allways respect a newer player who is willing to come right back at it and mix it up with me.

I get shot down by new guys all the time and I will tell you that some of my best fights have been with new guys who have fought me 3 times in a row and keep coming back.. they learn from their mistakes....

just like we all did in the old days...

A far cry from the ones who hide in the horde hoping to get a risk free scrap or two.

Salute to all the new guys who carry on the tradition of getting in there and mixing it up till they blow that "vet" right out of the sky...

I would rather be shot down in a furball by a newbie than cherry picked by some so called "vet" or ranked player..

lazs
Public relations Officer for the BK's

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 02:43:19 PM »
My kill ratio sucks, most likely because I am too aggressive and inexperienced...  last night Dicho and I were mixing it up in Mid War and a huge fighter sweep came in from a CV offshore the base. Before I knew it I was dogpiled by about 10 F6Fs and F4Us.  I knew it was all over in short order but I was determined to take as many as I could with me.  Got 3 before I got HOed (collided). Low and slow, on the deck...  I always seem to end up there :)

Ah, sweet adrenalin.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 02:46:33 PM »
Originally posted by scottydawg
Low and slow, on the deck...  I always seem to end up there :)

Ah, sweet adrenalin.

There is no better place to be :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 02:51:54 PM »
Everytime I'd draw decent bead on one of your teammates I'd start coming apart and then hear 'check six' as I was spiraling down.

I would rather be shot down in a furball by a newbie than cherry picked by some so called "vet" or ranked player..

Glad you had fun...question now tho?

isnt the above statement a description of a cherry pick?  somebody was engaged, then jumped from behind while engaged?  I always that a pick was when you killed somebody that was engaged with another.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 03:00:19 PM »
yup, and the only time lazs and i met in the arenas he picked me off his teammate along with a few of his other wingmen, but hey, it was fun.

I think what lazs refers to as cherry pickers are more akin to what you and I might call boom and zoomers. he means anyone that doesnt give him a chance to shoot them.

what you gotta remember, its more important to talk smack right here forum side, on and on about how you play this way and that way, than it is to actualy do it in the arena.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 03:02:35 PM »
isnt the above statement a description of a cherry pick? somebody was engaged, then jumped from behind while engaged? I always that a pick was when you killed somebody that was engaged with another.

Nah ... we were all low and swirling over the water. Everybody in that small furball was twistin' and turning either killing or trying to clear someones 6. The big difference is that when we commit to clear the 6 in the above scenario ... there is no safe way to retreat. Ya clear 'em and then you expect to see bullets fly by while you are getting numerous check 6s. Now if you can do all of the above and then land some kills ... your ACM and SA has been taxed to the max. xdak ... one of our squaddies went into the melee last night and emerged with 8 kills in an FM2 ... his pants were on fire.

A cherry picker will sit safely above the swirling mess ... swoop down and maybe clear someone's 6 ... but then zoom safely above the melee and look for the next unsuspecting target ... whatever floats your boat.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 03:03:08 PM »
I dont know about the rest of the guys but to me there is a difference.  
1.  in the furball/fight, your chasing a target with other red planes around and you know one or more of them are about to get ya.  They are taking the same risks you are, getting behind you and they are also vulnerable.   You get your target, they get you and someone gets them.

2.  Cherry pickers do everything they can to keep from exposing themselves to risks,  high alt, stay out of the fray.  watch and wait for someone whos SA is already probably staturated.  Swoop down BnZ style, kill and zoom back up out of danger.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2006, 03:07:47 PM »
that is a good question... my answer would be that if you are in your high alt foxhole and dive in to take a risk free sissy little kick at someone then that is a pretty basic cherry pick... you dive in, stay hot and run like hell back home or to your perch.

hitting someone while low and slow in a furball who is likewise engaged is another matter in my opinion... you are in constant danger and every second you spend attacking someone give someone attacking you that much more opportunity.  

Often I am taking snap shots while tracers are going by me from the guy who is latched on to me.   snap shoot... reverse... dodge HO...  snap shoot guy you just reversed.

It isn't complicated but it is fast action and does require a little more SA and acm than checking out the possibilities of egress (running away) and then diving in at full speed and making some slight correction for a guns solution without losing enough speed that anyone could have a hope of getting a shot at your rapidly  retreating tailfeathers.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2006, 03:13:41 PM »
bat... I don't recall shooting you down but if I did... I bet I was lower and slower than you.   If you didn't see me then I can't really help that.

I don't recall...  the thing is tho...  dich was in the fight in question... maybe you should ask him if he felt that he was in a fair fight or if I cherry picked him?

I would say that 90% of the time the guy I fight starts out higher than me.  I am too lazy to climb and subject to nosebleeds.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline BugsBunny

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2006, 03:28:47 PM »
Originally posted by killnu
Glad you had fun...question now tho?

isnt the above statement a description of a cherry pick?  somebody was engaged, then jumped from behind while engaged?  I always that a pick was when you killed somebody that was engaged with another.

:aok  :O  :rofl

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2006, 04:09:06 PM »
no way lazs, i was in a low slow P40 fighting your guys from a CV, you in the FM2.  

was a fun fight, and i never said it was unfair.

all i think is that yours and other peoples definition of a cherry pick must be somewhat different.

my version is of killing an enemy who is engaged with or about to kill another friendly. i regularly do this, i'm just wondering if you consider this to be a cherry pick because you know you do it yourself yet you condem the action of 'sherry picking'. understand my confusion?>
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 04:11:21 PM by B@tfinkV »
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]