Author Topic: <S> Laz, Slap, Etc  (Read 1079 times)

Offline IgnorantJoe

• Zinc Member
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2006, 10:13:54 PM »
Am I sensing a lover's quarrel?  I certainly hope you two get make up soon.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2006, 01:04:38 AM »
Bat and Killnu's only "point" was to try to turn Lazs' depiction of being killed in a furball to cherrypicking, in the hopes of starting some sort of retarded pursefight. Nice try.

Dicho, there's normally a few of us (read that, "Slapshot, Edbert, xDak, and the rest of the old guys") on between 8 and 11PM DST/EST. Lazs has to go to bed early on school nights, but I normally let him fly for a bit after supper. The rest of us don't sneak on till after 11, when the wives, kids, inflatable significant others, and ewes are in bed.  ;)
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2006, 08:18:45 AM »
bat... what is your handle in the game?  I don't recall fighting you.   If I shot you off of another plane then I bet I did it from less than 2K and about half the speed whatever plane I was in would go..  If there weren't any of your guys around then.... you were simply the last.   If there were... they either couldn't hit  me or couldn't see me.

Point is...  a cherry picker takes no risks... he never gets low and slow unless there is no other planes in the area and he has a fast enough plane that he can run from his opponent any time he wants.  I don't consider anyone who is low and slow in a furball a cherry picker no matter what plane he decides to target.

It is also a pretty good thing to have your squaddie tell you he is taking someone up to give you a good full plane shot at the guy.   I certainly don't mind when other furballers shoot red guys off my six.

dich... it is rare to see even three BK's on at once.   mostly... you only seen two that night.  even then... we get in each others way because we tend to go after the same planes and consider it high comedy to steal the kill from each other.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: <S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2006, 09:35:40 AM »
Originally posted by E25280
Why?  So his squaddies can take turns shooting at your spiraling hulk in an attempt to steal the kill?

As good a reason as any....share the fun! Plus, if they collide or auger trying to steal, yuo get even more giggles...

Originally posted by E25280
 He gets the kill if you bail or not -- don't understand your point.

"enter enter enter . e f " gets you in the tower and back in the fight quicker than riding it down.  Nothing to do with score.

I'm with you...I usually bail and ef if I have any alt at all. Shoot, I always take the stairs because I cant stand waiting for the elevator, not because I want the exercise!

If I'm hurting badly near my base, I WILL go for the ditch -- if you wanted to kill me, you should have finished the job! I might ride a ditchable plane into the trees as a salute for a good fight, but otherwise....

THere are, however, some who grasp at the point advantage they gain by bailing. If hats the motive, well, not for me.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline BugsBunny

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2006, 11:38:35 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
Point is...  a cherry picker takes no risks... he never gets low and slow unless there is no other planes in the area and he has a fast enough plane that he can run from his opponent any time he wants.

You could have said all that in two words

ZAZEN/SHAWK :O :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2006, 11:54:17 AM »
Originally posted by scottydawg
I think Airscrew has the definition of 'cherry pick' pretty well nailed.

Seconded, summed it up completely for me too.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2006, 12:18:42 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Bat and Killnu's only "point" was to try to turn Lazs' depiction of being killed in a furball to cherrypicking, in the hopes of starting some sort of retarded pursefight. Nice try.

oh come off it boyo, are you rally so sensitive that an opposing opinion always has to be considered 'bait'.

not everyone who disagrees with someone else here is doing it simply to start 'beef'. get a life.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2006, 12:42:05 PM »

actually I was asking a question.  I gave what I thought a definition of a pick was and asked my question.  I have always viewed a furball as a giant pickfest, because my definition of a pick was, shooting at somebody that was already engaged with someone.  Sure flying in them makes you work on SA, so you dont get picked{by my defintion}.  I see others POV now, thanks for input.

Now that you have the truth about what I asked, you can quit assuming stuff.:aok
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2006, 12:58:36 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire

Dicho, there's normally a few of us (read that, "Slapshot, Edbert, xDak, and the rest of the old guys") on between 8 and 11PM DST/EST. Lazs has to go to bed early on school nights, but I normally let him fly for a bit after supper. The rest of us don't sneak on till after 11, when the wives, kids, inflatable significant others, and ewes are in bed.  ;)

I'll be looking for yall tonight :aok

anyway... like I originally said.  Good fun and it's an extra bit of fun for me to see someone I've talked to on the boards either flying with me or against me.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2006, 04:20:36 PM »
I used to pick cherries before I got too old. I still like them on a banana splits... :D

Really the only thing that bothers me in the GAME is a person who warps real bad, gets a kill, then thinks he is a leet pilot :rofl

Run what ya brung..... but most of all have fun.

PS I'll be on tonight, yall can all cherry pick me all you want... there's plenty of my big ol' 38 to go around, I'm told the cowlings are most tasty :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
<S> Laz, Slap, Etc
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2006, 08:15:43 AM »
I don't think that going for a plane allready engaged is a good defenition of a pick as it applies to a furball...  everyone is engaged.   I tend to take snap shots.  cannon planes have the advantage as they do more damage and the mg planes have to stay on the con longer which makes em a target.   that is how I am mostly killed... That does not mean I was picked... it also does not mean I didn't see the guy doing it... Often, I just think I can kill before getting killed or... simply misjudge the guy behind me's e state...  no whining about a participant in a furball shooting me while  I am engaged.

Another example of a non pick would be...  friendly and con on the deck...  con chasing and slowly catching friendly after a quarter sector chase.   Me, with my huge alt advantage of 2 K above the deck can come in from the side and make up the 50-100 mph speed disadvantage my plane has to shoot the con off the friendly....  Now... all the con has to do is dissengage.  I can't catch him if he does.   I am easy to spot.  If he dies he deserves it.  Not a pick.  Oftern they will even take some evasive move but continue on the con.   slowing enough that even I can catch em.  

If you get defensive and angry and embarassed at every cherry picker thread.... you may be one

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's