Author Topic: Recruiting  (Read 2065 times)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Recruiting
« on: October 07, 2006, 11:12:26 PM »
Getting ready to make another go at my squadron, so thought I'd announce recruiting is open for:

VMF-251 The Buccaneers

This will be a Rook squadron based primarily in the Late War arenas. The intent is not to recreate a truly historical unit, but IS to recreate a typical USMC squadron in the Pacific. The primary aircraft for official squadron operations will be the F4U-1D, however if we receive the 1A when the updated Hogs are released we will transition to that model (of course, squadron members can up whatever they choose during "free flight").

My goal is between 8-12 pilots interested in teamwork and cooperation, using real tactics  for wingmen, flights, and full squadron-strength coordination. Sortie types will not be restricted to any one aspect of the game. We will particpate in both the furball AND the "War," wherever needed, including jabbo strikes although our primary mission profile will be as air superiority.

Anyone who's a fan of the F4U and interested in trying something a bit different from the usual disorganized horde is welcome, however I AM interested in veterans with experience in a squad and with the type of team-work I'm wanting to establish, who can help teach everyone (including me).

If you'd like to know more, reply here or drop me a PM either one the board or when I'm in the MA.

The Buccaneers want YOU!

Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Recruiting
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 11:49:27 AM »
C'mon, there must be SOMEONE out there interested.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Recruiting
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 12:25:32 PM »
i'm liking the noseart sax! ;)

you won't be getting hordes of people rushing to join you btw, it takes time to find recruits :)

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Recruiting
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 01:25:43 PM »
I'm rather partial to the pun, m'self. :D

I'm not looking for a horde, but I'd at LEAST like one or two to start.

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Recruiting
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 02:12:00 PM »
Originally posted by Saxman
I'm rather partial to the pun, m'self. :D

I'm not looking for a horde, but I'd at LEAST like one or two to start.

well, if it doesn't work out, 71 squadron flies what it likes, and we have a lot of fun together, should you ever decide to move on :)

wish you the best of luck with it though! i know from first hand experience how hard it can be :)

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Recruiting
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 02:49:51 PM »
Good Luck Sax!
:aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
Stay with it Saxman
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 03:05:39 PM »
The 113th Lucky Stikes is a P38 Squadron employing WWII P38 tactics, flight leads and wingman, two, three, four and five plane elements. All fighting as a unit.  Have a great time putting ords on targets.  It took time and our pilot populations sharnk to as little as four but has grown to 12 now.  We are still attracting new pilots that want to be part of a team, hit its targets and RTB.  

Stay with it, I know that their are others that think like you do.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Recruiting
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 11:34:58 PM »
Problem is I'll get one or two guys asking questions, but never follow up.

Offline Reynolds

• Gold Member
      • http://flyingknights.csmsites.com
Recruiting
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 12:49:07 AM »
Get a website, such as a CSM site here

and then get a freewebs site here just to have an application form with an unlimited number of questions. So you know, the top two recruiting places (one of my questions is where they heard about us) are signatures here in the forums and the squads listings, but the squads listings have only become popular for my recruits in the last 3 weeks.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Recruiting
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 01:13:32 AM »
only way i have ever had much luck recruiting has been in the TA and other arenas.  i find asking people direct if they would join or not, and then sending invite right there and then is the best method.

this looks like it will be alot of fun, i do so very much hope you can get something started!

COME ON hog pilots, join up.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Recruiting
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 02:42:16 PM »
Hog is probably the most versital (sp?) plane in the set overall so over time you should do pretty well. What I'd do is ask on country channel if guys want to wing with you for hops. As you find guys who do you can feel them out....

With a couple of "hog squads" already out there I'd say alot of the experienced hog drivers are already in a squad if so inclined. Others like me are more concerned about the right mix of guys vs plane. For example I'm primarily a hog driver but fly with a "warm beer" squad that favors pink skinned aircraft (they are however a great bunch) which makes up for both the beer and the plane")......but hey they even let me fly hogs:aok

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Recruiting
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2006, 03:03:49 PM »
Originally posted by humble
"warm beer"

you americans with your freezing cold watered down beer :rolleyes:

real, strong english ale for me, straight from the 'warm' draught :D

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline xREAPERx

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/_xreaperx_
Recruiting
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2006, 06:14:40 PM »
i'm in sax just let me know when to meet u in the lw
xREAPERx tours 76-133 HITMAN tours 140-present

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
Recruiting
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2006, 11:36:44 AM »
How VMF squads are out there?

And wat does VMF mean anyways?
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline Auger

• Nickel Member
      • AKs Home Page
Recruiting
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2006, 03:28:06 PM »
Naval terminology

V - Fixed wing
M - Marine Corps
F - Fighter

Not sure where V came from, but probably so it's not confused with the F for fighter.