Author Topic: MA, err sorry LW1 full again  (Read 4242 times)

Offline DaPup

• Copper Member
MA, err sorry LW1 full again
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2006, 06:15:54 PM »
Originally posted by Major Biggles

why do people have such loyalties to imaginary chess pieces? why MUST they fly late war rides? why do people care about what number rank they are? people really do take this game too seriously, just lighten up and enjoy it a bit more:rolleyes:

So if i don't fly in EW or MW I take the game too seriously

:noid

I enjoy it just fine though...but thanks :D

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2006, 06:29:56 PM »
Originally posted by Major Biggles
it has no one in it, because people like yourself dont log in!!!

next time you log into AH, try logging onto the EW for a bit. see if there are any fights about (you may only find a few guys flying near a base, instead of the LW hordes, but those guys will usually be the more experienced players. you'll get better, more challenging, and most importantly, more FUN fights with these guys, and most of these vets will allow you to RTB for fuel or ammo when you need to [except that dweeb lazs, who tried to chase my hurri 1 around when i ran out of fuel. i had to make him auger to get him to piss off :D:p])

it beats the LW!

log on, see if you can find a few guys duking it out (you might even make a few new friends). i guarantee that if you log on, and stay with some of the few but excellent fights, more guys like yourself will log on, the numbers will rise, and you end up with a fun, less serious, more experienced arena that is more enjoyable to fly in...

try it sometime:aok

i did.... last night, didnt you see me say that?

edit: thats the reason for this thread, i was forced to play in EW, MW or LW2, with probably 1 con every 25miles...no fights anywhere, no base capturing, the only thing to do was do some milkrunning.... :huh
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline belethch

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.c-hawks.com
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2006, 07:23:57 PM »
sorry fugitive just being as factual as possible here. but the truth is we did try, didnt like. and decided where we wanted to be. now if every one else left then we would log off, join the other 100 or so c-hawks representing 5 other online games and give them a try. my only point is we love the LW. most if not all of our guys like it there. so we went with the flow of what our guys liked. nothing ment against the other arena's at all.  we enjoy the people we fly with and against. yes i talk trash on 200 but get out of that arena. and there is NO ONE on anyside i wouldnt like to fly with. but the fact is this, so no need to be talking about this any more. lets just give things time to see if it grows to the numbers for all arenas to be full.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2006, 08:00:48 PM »
So belethch, you don't have a problem with LW being full and locking you and a few of your buddies out. You just go play one of five other games you guys are represented in. I guess stooping to another arena would be wayyyyy to much trouble for you and your friends.

By you and yours, as well as others saying "I like LW and thats where Im going to stay", your taking a possible good time for you and others in other arenas, and just trowing it out the window. So people who will NOT try, or play in the other arenas are killing the fun for others. So instead of helping the community, you saying "screw you"

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2006, 08:41:49 PM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
E25280, I wouldn't think moving your squad nights to a different arena 1 or 2 times would work out like I stated, but if it happen often enought that people started to take notice, I think you'd see AKAK and friends show up more often to try and smack you guys down!  :D It may be a slow process, but I think you'll see it change.
In a way you have just stated what we originally thought -- If we are there, someone will come try to stop us.

Yes, we have only done it "a few times" -- but that is pretty much true for everyone given the changes are only a bit over a month old.  We will probably end up there more in the future too.  So I won't say we've given up on it.

At any rate, I probably sound too much like I am speaking for the squad, but I am not.  (Truth be told, I am probably least qualified to do so because I do not get to play as much as most).  I'm just relating my perspective and the few discussions on the subject I have had with others in the squad.  I don't think any of us think there is anything wrong with the MWA.  It simply is more fun in an arena with more people.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2006, 10:12:42 PM »
well that was fun.... LW2, flying around with a perk modifier of 3.4.....hmmmmm zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :furious
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2006, 10:24:46 PM »
Agree, please up the Late War arena.

Im not interested in the other realms and LW2 with 12 players seems pretty absurd.

Offline belethch

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.c-hawks.com
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2006, 10:48:02 PM »
yes fugitive i for one would like to see the capped raised, but for me personally, and me only on this, i dont like EW planes, mid would be my choice but there are never anyone there, so that leaves 1 choice that suites my type of play. i'm sorry i dont like the EW planes but its nothing but a furball in there and to me its boring. if you like it thats great just dont try to get others to come to where they dont want to be. dont give me that stuff about evolving. the numbers say it all or this thread would not be up. and no one would be trying to get others in the EW or MW arenas. every one just has to face the facts LW is the type of play the largest majority of the players want. so let them have there enjoyment there way.
and EW furballs aint it. sorry
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 11:01:54 PM by belethch »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2006, 11:10:04 PM »
All newbies should fly EW for 2 years, then MW for 2 years, then LW for 2 years. After 6 years everyone should move on to motorsports.:D

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2006, 12:54:22 AM »
Biggles you wouldnt be forced to fly in an arena you could choose the one you like and stick with it.  Personally Id rather fly with the guys I know (squad) and kill strangers. Unlike some people in here, I 90% of why I play, and what has kept me flying is the friends I have in the squad. Id just like to see us all be able to continue to fly together.

I would imagine at some point, numbers in an arena would start to affect the performance. Im just saying if that point came, I think it would be nice if the folks who have played the old way together, would be given the chance to continue to do so, and let the new people populate the next arena. You can't miss what ya never had.

~AoM~

Offline MIShill

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2006, 01:01:20 AM »
Originally posted by DadRabit
when is ht staff coming back from vacation?    :confused:

2 weeks.
-MI-;)

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2006, 05:46:11 AM »
:rofl
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2006, 05:47:41 AM »
S! repoman

and ty. not see that.  i usaly spel goodly.....

S!
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2006, 08:30:14 AM »
Originally posted by FiLtH
I think it would be nice if the folks who have played the old way together, would be given the chance to continue to do so, and let the new people populate the next arena. You can't miss what ya never had.

Filth, it's time for you to take a vacation. You're occupying space that a real AH1 vet would otherwise be enjoying, so you need to stay in the AvA from now on. Thanks for your cooperation in this matter.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2006, 08:36:21 AM »
Originally posted by belethch
speaking entirely from a mega-squads perspective, we are a LW squad and will remain an LW squad, with no disire what so ever to change country's or to fly EW or MW. personaly checked em both out and was not for me. but if that is what you like you should be aloud to fly there with no problems.

Speaking entirely from whatever perspective I feel like at the moment...

squad limits are 32.

Mega-squads shouldn't even exist.