Author Topic: MA, err sorry LW1 full again  (Read 4267 times)

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
MA, err sorry LW1 full again
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2006, 05:12:39 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Your too funny ... making up numbers to try and prove a point ... please show us how you attained the 90% number.

they liked the wide range of planes they could bump into

More like ... they can't play without having their late war uber monsters ... if they were to fly the plane sets in the EW or MW they would get their arses handed to them because ...

a) They really can't fight

b) They can't run

c) All of the above

hmmm, the lowest ENY plane i fly is 20..... all my planes are flyable in MW. I cant run from anyone in LW. plenty are the same.

However i dont want to fly in a limited arena, i like the unlimited, wide choice of MA... Im 100%sure its the same percentage of people in EACH arena that flys the "uber" planes. IE the hurrIIc probably has the same, if not alot more useage than the nik or La7 does in LW. Hell when i tried EW, all it was was Hurri IIc's everywhere.... might as well call it Hurri IIc arena.
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2006, 05:13:50 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
The jury is still out on the what appears to be an inflated number of 90% ... Overlag is still trying to ferret out his resources that can back that number up ... or is it just a case of making up a number that attempts to prove one's point in a debate ... I pick the latter.

i was at work.... not sitting here argueing that my way is the best and only way to fly this game and that anyone else that is different is wrong :rolleyes:

yes it was a number picked out of my head, but when you have 450 people every night playing in the LW arenas, and only a total of 90ish in the other two surely something is wrong..... ok thats not 90% but its pretty dam close. So i guess more pople wanted the split than what didnt? :lol

also notice how the total amount of players playing is down by almost 150..... smart move ;)

edit: i worked it out..... 83% of players was in a LW arena last night....hmmmm:aok
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 05:32:29 PM by Overlag »

Offline DaPup

• Copper Member
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2006, 05:44:46 PM »
I don't think it's 90% either but I think 75% is a relatively accurate figure from what I see in my time zone.

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2006, 06:49:42 PM »
Originally posted by DaPup
I don't think it's 90% either but I think 75% is a relatively accurate figure from what I see in my time zone.

i worked it out...when i had to join LW2 (LW1 was full) last night at 3:30am, 83% of the players was in a LW arena

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2006, 07:14:44 PM »
Does no one believe that a lot of folks just go whereever the most players are?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline DaPup

• Copper Member
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2006, 07:29:57 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire

Absolutely Hubs, but nothing can change that. All the cries about the LW being "evil" are just trolling in the dark looking to drag some bodies into the dead arenas so they can have more fun they way they like to play the game.

That's cool and the posts make my day at work when I'm bored:rolleyes:

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2006, 07:50:30 PM »

exactly...

the game play is the same in all arenas, the only difference is the population

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2006, 11:23:03 PM »
Overlag, that doesn't mean the new setup is bad idea. That just means that most of you are cattle, and the disruption of your herding behavior is working as intended.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney

Offline DaPup

• Copper Member
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2006, 05:53:32 AM »
Overlag, that doesn't mean the new setup is bad idea. That just means that most of you are cattle, and the disruption of your herding behavior is working as intended.

lol, great comeback hubs :rolleyes:  try turning left sometime it might open your eyes :aok

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2006, 07:31:54 AM »

so the plan was to piss off people?

sure everyone has got what they wanted now, we have EW MA, MW MA and LW MA.... the only problem is LW MA has a too low cap, which means people cant get in once primetime hits.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2006, 10:38:36 AM »
I guess being around when the arena population was much lower than it is now has jaded me a bit. We were able to have fun, large squads, missions, fights, land grab, resets, etc with half the number of players we have now. I just don't understand how you guys can't play the same game and do the same things, and have some kind of fun without an extra 300 guys logged in.

You liked the MA of a few months ago, which I hated. I like the new setup, which you hate. It's fine that you have an opinion that is contrary to mine; that's what fuels discussions. However, claiming to speak for a majority, pulling numbers out of thin air and inferring that they're fact... You're pretty much a British Krusty. You're pissed off about something, and now you're trying to find some way to support your position, even if you have to make something up. Maybe it's time to just accept the reality of things as they are now, and either play the game and have fun, or cancel your account and go find something else to do.

With regards to HTC's goals and intents, they've been posted. I might suggest actually reading them, were I still in the dark about the changes.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Offline DaPup

• Copper Member
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2006, 10:53:08 AM »
I've been around awhile Hubs, I have no complaints about the changes at all since the caps have been raised. I've mentioned in numerous posts that all 3 arenas are fun and if it lets some people play the way they like then it accomplished alot.

It seems to be the guys from EW and MW pushing the buttons to me, they seem to be the ones who can't seem to grasp that the changes are what they are. There is plenty of running, vulching, hoing, picking, hordeing, ganging and milking going on in those arenas but all i see is a few babies crying about the LW still...if you don't play in there and don't like it then who cares?

I can't figure out why some that say they don't play in or like the LW insist they know everything about it's play mentality

:rolleyes:

We were able to have fun, large squads, missions, fights, land grab, resets, etc with half the number of players we have now.

These are the same things that some people say doesn't belong in their version of the game :aok
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 10:57:12 AM by DaPup »

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2006, 11:10:53 AM »
Originally posted by DaPup
I've been around awhile Hubs, I have no complaints about the changes at all since the caps have been raised. I've mentioned in numerous posts that all 3 arenas are fun and if it lets some people play the way they like then it accomplished alot.

It seems to be the guys from EW and MW pushing the buttons to me, they seem to be the ones who can't seem to grasp that the changes are what they are. There is plenty of running, vulching, hoing, picking, hordeing, ganging and milking going on in those arenas but all i see is a few babies crying about the LW still...if you don't play in there and don't like it then who cares?

I can't figure out why some that say they don't play in or like the LW insist they know everything about it's play mentality

:rolleyes:

These are the same things that some people say doesn't belong in their version of the game :aok

Okay, and what, exactly, does this have do with me?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2006, 11:17:23 AM »
You liked the MA of a few months ago, which I hated. I like the new setup, which you hate.
With regards to HTC's goals and intents, they've been posted. I might suggest actually reading them, were I still in the dark about the changes.

i dont hate the new setup, stop talking for me..... the new setup is just the same as before except MA's cap is too small.

what was HTC goals? all i heard was them saying MA was broken and needed to be fixed :huh yet MA is still here, going strong and if you count the size of the maps, theres MORE people per sector now, than there was with the old MA.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 11:25:01 AM by Overlag »

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2006, 11:22:22 AM »
I personally prefer MW best but end up having to go to LW to find someone to play against/with...
  What I have seen though it seems that the higher HT raises the cap on LW the more LA-7's and Spit-16's I see and get ganged by..  Don't know if this is the case or if I'm just seeing things or maybe that people flew in EW and MW for a bit and found that there are other planes than the uber rides then slowly reverted back to the old way.?

Anyway if there was a way to get more people to go to mid I would be there most of the time.
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!