Author Topic: Can you stand after being tased?  (Read 4025 times)

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
Can you stand after being tased?
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2006, 09:48:06 AM »
Ohhh...he stuck it in his eye!!!!

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2006, 09:58:57 AM »
I can't sign ze papers because you have broken both of my hands.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2006, 10:29:28 AM »
Originally posted by M36
Tell us what your qualifications are to be the forum taser expert. If you read my post again you will see that I did not claim to be an expert, but I guess you only read what you want to read. While your at it what is your occupation?

You brought the experts here by calling others as the experts, with a bad tone, as an effort to bolster the value of your reply.

We didn't claim to be experts either. So why do you defend yourself by saying you didn't claim to be an expert? Either you didn't mean to call us experts at all or you are an expert too.

"I'm not an expert, BUT...  --  ....and you others sound like self appointed experts"

Anyway, I've based my opinion and arguments on what I've read, seen and heard. I've seen videos, read some stuff here and there, studied chemistry, biology and history. Well, history doesn't help much with knowing how a tazer works, but it's helpful when it comes to politics; what cops should and shouldn't do.

You still didn't tell me your opinion on what could happen with multiple shocks from a tazer, but instead decided to simply discredit me, as you've already done to the others.

So.. let's hear do you think you could still be fully functional after several shocks?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 10:46:16 AM by Fishu »

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2006, 10:30:31 AM »
Originally posted by M36
Fishu, love your ignorant dribble. Its not even worth repeating again in quotes. Did you crawl out from under your rock in Finland to spread the arm chair quarterbacks ignorant  theorys of what some officer should do? Get a life dude!!!

As far as the other posts who share the same mentality, post your occupations so when someone in your line of work makes the news I can slam everyone for it and come to the same ignorant and stupid conclusions that I have seen here.

Obviously since you are not police officers and havnt got a clue about what one does at work. Oh but you watch COPS on TV so you are all instant experts and are capable of coming to these divine conclusions on what someone should have done different. I love the one about the cop who should have told everyone in the crowd to get and back and and then give his name and badge number to everyone there.:rofl

For the non LEO taser experts who  have never been tased........I have been tased, but some how that doesnt qualify me to be an expert. But  when the 5 seconds of the tase where over with, the involuntary muscle contractions were over and I could  very easily resume anything that I was doing before that. As soon it was over it was back to full function. Im sure that will be hard for you to understand since your the experts.

There is an old saying, "dont judge a man until you have walked a mile in his moccasins". Sounds like a lot of you have already done that. Why are you wasting your valuable knowledge on this web site.

So, come on you experts. lets here those occupations!!!!!!

I R cops!  I uber!   small mind + big ego = bad news.

If you were not such an azzhat you would communicate your point much more effectively.

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2006, 11:21:35 AM »
Originally posted by rabbidrabbit
I R cops!  I uber!   small mind + big ego = bad news.

If you were not such an azzhat you would communicate your point much more effectively.

this thread was fun while it lasted

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2006, 12:20:07 PM »
M36,

Don't bother trying to discuss much of anything with fishu or a few other very much like him.

Fishu is an "expert" on many subjects, just ask him. He's read books and seen films so he knows all about it. He's never been there or done the job but he "knows" all about it. I believe the proper techical term would be something like "armchair general" or "monday morning quarterback".

The wonderful example of discussion provided by rabbit is in the same category. No actual input to the discussion just sarcasm.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2006, 02:32:36 PM »
M36 has some legit points.  Instead of making them he had to strut around to prove how big of a man he is.  Hopefully that arrogance does not cause him or others harm on the job.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2006, 02:48:55 PM »
Originally posted by rabbidrabbit
M36 has some legit points.  Instead of making them he had to strut around to prove how big of a man he is.  Hopefully that arrogance does not cause him or others harm on the job.

I don't think your post added to anything at all as far as the discussion is concerned. Perhaps your tone is no better?

I've worked with M36. He's a great guy with a good sense of humor. He's also got quite a bit of training and experiance on the street and in crowd control situations since that was one of his secondary duties as was mine. I'd imagine he's just a bit tired of the usual suppositions and assumptions along with the sniping from the armchairs on the bbs.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2006, 03:12:01 PM »
Originally posted by Maverick
Fishu is an "expert" on many subjects, just ask him. He's read books and seen films so he knows all about it. He's never been there or done the job but he "knows" all about it. I believe the proper techical term would be something like "armchair general" or "monday morning quarterback".

You on the other hand like to discredit others alot by talking BS of them. Maybe you should sometime learn to listen to others and not expect to be the only one with the right to spit out truths and opinions.

Sure I've made errors, nobody's perfect, but lots of times I've been also right. Few times I've even dug up books on a subject to prove my point - Yet the likes of you have discredited me with their authoritah. Doesn't really make you any better person to say things like that when you act like one.

As far as I can see nobody has really questioned the effect of multiple shocks, other than telling how they've managed to be fully functional after a single shock. So far it's been BS'ng of those who's said that multiple shocks will disable a man for a short period of time after they're no more tazed.

So, how's it going to be, is either of you going to put up with the argument of the effect of multiple shocks? You two got the ball now, prove that you're not BS'ers.

Offline M36

• Nickel Member
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2006, 03:40:38 PM »
Rabbidrabbit, I agree with Mav, you are a waste of time and if I remember right, the last discussion we had was with me pretty much slam dunking you and wiping your nose in it. With your last post I assume you want me to come down to your level. Sorry, it's your world, live in it.
“Honesty is like a good horse, it’ll work anyplace you hook it”

Ben Johnson  1917-1996

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2006, 03:52:29 PM »
What are the volts and ampers on those tasers?

A good elecrtical fence can momentarily stun you. It will also screw up old pacemakers, and it may make some limbs numb for a while. Also, one can have some hicups.

So, it's a stun, and while the stun itself only takes a second, the aftereffect varies, and in particular in the case of those fences, it depends on things like condutiviry etc.

I hate them because I had so many punches. It's up to 10 KV, but the ampers are ultra small, just not sure of the number.
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline M36

• Nickel Member
« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2006, 04:05:00 PM »
I've seen videos, read some stuff here and there

Brilliant Fishu!!!!! Since you never indicated how many times you have been tased Ill assume that  the number........is a big ZERO. I love it,  you are trying to come to intelligent conclusions based on what you have "seen" and "heard" on  "Youtube".   I have read some of your other posts and you waltz right in and become the resident expert on a lot of subjects.  You enjoy makeing slanderous and outrageous allegations about police officers, and create controversy which is probably all your good for anyway. In an answer to your question, out of all the likely people that may need to be tased, including yourself, some may not be able to function after multiple hits and others will, and depends on a lot of circumstances.  I was speaking from experiance and training. You opened your mouth not to provide anything usefull but to stir the pot with your stupid post and assinine remarks. Go ahead and spew some more, stupid me for trying to feed the troll anyway.

Maverick
“Honesty is like a good horse, it’ll work anyplace you hook it”

Ben Johnson  1917-1996

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: November 18, 2006, 04:52:55 PM »
Originally posted by M36
Rabbidrabbit, I agree with Mav, you are a waste of time and if I remember right, the last discussion we had was with me pretty much slam dunking you and wiping your nose in it. With your last post I assume you want me to come down to your level. Sorry, it's your world, live in it.

Do you want to say I'm wrong now Maverick?

I'm sure he is a decent guy to work with but his intardnet tough guy routine ruins his points.  Just like our last exchange.  Like I said, I hope its just the internet were he finds his bravery.

And no, you "won" nothing the last conversation either.  You just huffed and puffed like you are now.  Only to you would that seem like victory.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2006, 05:02:42 PM »
rabbit when you have something other than continuing a personal attack without adding to the discussion I'll consider responding to you. As far as the internet tough guy bit is concerned, I really think you should look in the mirror on that one as well as the huffing and puffing. I think we're pretty much done otherwise.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
Author Unknown

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2006, 01:30:18 AM »
I posted a clear observation of his behavior.  He responded with more of the same "Rabbidrabbit, I agree with Mav, you are a waste of time and if I remember right, the last discussion we had was with me pretty much slam dunking you and wiping your nose in it."

I treat him like a thug because he behaves like one.  If he does not behave like one I don't treat him like one.  I don't do the same to you do I?  He acts like the bad stereotype for a cop and it gives the rest a bad name.  I have nothing but respect for those who view the authority of the job as a responsibility rather than an entitlement.