Author Topic: Biggest Movie Disappointments  (Read 2928 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Biggest Movie mistakes
« Reply #105 on: December 06, 2006, 08:58:39 AM »
two really bad ones with something in common were..

Paint your wagon and some other musical with Bruce Willets in it where they sang through heists in order to time things... much better than watches apparently.

Paint your wagon had Clint Eastwood and Lee Marvin breaking out in song... I was embarassed for em... but, at least it had good scenery... the One with Bruce was mostly in dark, empty buildings.

Action heroes at the peak of their careers doing muisicals.... really bad idea..

lazs

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
Biggest Movie mistakes
« Reply #106 on: December 06, 2006, 09:09:51 AM »
You gotta be ****tin me. I saw "Paint your Wagon" referenced to on the simpsons and I thought it was a joke.

Basically the scene is this. Bart and Homer rent this clint eastwood western because they think it's going to be a kick bellybutton action flick, but as they are watching it clint and the old gray guy break into song about painting wagons. Much to the male simpsons dismay.

I just thought it was a joke. Like the planet of the apes musical.

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Biggest Movie mistakes
« Reply #107 on: December 06, 2006, 09:22:13 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
two really bad ones with something in common were..

Paint your wagon and some other musical with Bruce Willets in it where they sang through heists in order to time things... much better than watches apparently.

Paint your wagon had Clint Eastwood and Lee Marvin breaking out in song... I was embarassed for em... but, at least it had good scenery... the One with Bruce was mostly in dark, empty buildings.

Action heroes at the peak of their careers doing muisicals.... really bad idea..

lazs

that Bruce Willis movie was "Hudson Hawk"  he didnt like it either.  It was made during his "Moonlighting" years right around the same time he did "Blind Date"   I kinda liked "Hudson Hawk" despite the singing, but I dont know why

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
Biggest Movie mistakes
« Reply #108 on: December 06, 2006, 10:16:48 AM »
How about all except the first and second Star Wars?  Specifically Lucas' blatant attempt to play to six-year olds and providing additional post-release toy marketing with cuddley little killer Teddy Bears and the retarded Jar-Jar in Episode 1?  How about the abysimal selection for Anakin in the last two movies?  From what I could see, Darth Vader was primarily the result of Whining Teen Angst.  "Obi-wan won't let me do this, Obi-wan won't let me do that, Obi-wan doesn't trust me, Obi-want never lets me do anything!"  If Obi-wan had only "grounded" Anakin and given him a little "tough love" everything would have been hunky dory.
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Biggest Movie mistakes
« Reply #109 on: December 06, 2006, 11:29:44 AM »
You gotta love the guild for banning Lucas from ever directing another movie. It's a shame they relented and let him make Howard The Duck. Shoulda banned him again straight after.

Not gonna say a word against LoTR, those movies are still making me money.

Alexander was poor - strayed very far from historical accuracy.

Troy was kinda fun but it's a shame Sparta was represented in the way it was but no-one wants to hear my thesis on ancient Greek city states.

Jack Black only got the role in Kong cos he did such a fine job of ripping the piss out of Jacksons precious at the MTVMA's.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Biggest Movie mistakes
« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2006, 02:19:33 PM »
suave... yep.. it was real allright...  like a nightmare but real..

Oh... once one of my former wives rented "the prince of tides"... I fell assleep about 4 hours into it but when I woke up it was still on and I had to watch the last 3 or 4 hours or so of it.

That was a bad movie.  Like being stuck in the womans channel or something.

lazs

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
Biggest Movie mistakes
« Reply #111 on: December 06, 2006, 02:23:56 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
...Action heroes at the peak of their careers doing muisicals.... really bad idea...

bad idea even for flaming homosexuals on their decline

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Biggest Movie mistakes
« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2006, 02:28:54 PM »
is it possible that debonair actualy said something that I not only understand but... agree with?

lazs

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
Biggest Movie mistakes
« Reply #113 on: December 06, 2006, 02:38:40 PM »
zOMG!!11:O :O :O :O :O :O

one

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
Biggest Movie mistakes
« Reply #114 on: December 06, 2006, 03:03:05 PM »
iron eagle was filmed in israel with israeli planes and the enemy were iaf kfires and mirages lol and they claimied the planes where usaf hahah yah right look at the paint scheme pure desert baby
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Biggest Movie mistakes
« Reply #115 on: December 06, 2006, 03:46:03 PM »
If you do a search on YouTube, you'll find the raw Israeli Air Force footage.  Its only about 13 minutes.  So if those clips in the movie seemed to repeat themself a lot...its all they had.  Seeing it when I was 15, even I noticed that scene to scene, the armament configurations kept changing.

One thing that makes me roll my eyes with any movie with fighter jets in them....they always show them in constant full afterburner.  If they only knew how fast a fighterjet eats thru fuel...they'd change that.

Offline Ball

• Silver Member
Biggest Movie mistakes
« Reply #116 on: December 06, 2006, 03:52:27 PM »
Originally posted by LePaul
One thing that makes me roll my eyes with any movie with fighter jets in them....they always show them in constant full afterburner.  If they only knew how fast a fighterjet eats thru fuel...they'd change that.

No G effects either

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Biggest Movie mistakes
« Reply #117 on: December 06, 2006, 03:54:10 PM »
Howard the Duck.

Hands down. ;)
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24