Author Topic: Repair Hangar  (Read 4306 times)

Offline Snakebit001

• Zinc Member
Repair Hangar
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2007, 09:25:56 PM »
No one thinks major repairs should be added, and no one thinks we should land, taxi, and have a brand new plane.
I agree that things like ailerons, flaps, elevators, and rudder should be fixable because they DO affect your plane. Something like taxiing to a hanger, waiting for some amount of time, RELATIVE to the ingame clock, so you wait 3ish minutes or less, and getting back into the air sounds like a good idea.
however, those replacment parts acting differently sounds odd why not tower out if performance will suffer?

i suggest starting with basic control surface repairs only in a hanger and working from there.

also, is it really that different from running out of fuel or ammo and resupplying?

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Repair Hangar
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2007, 11:58:02 PM »
I think its a cool idea just because it might be possible to have HiTech add patch marks to your plane as a sign of being 1) Either a poor pilot that always gets his bellybutton shot off or 2)A Vet that has kept a plane for quite along time . This might be more for Combat tour but i think it would be neat to have a battle scarred ride that you could call your own 8) .

To take it a step further,  you could have Rook/Bish/Knight kill markers on the side of the plane that you have kept around for as long as you could, When the plane is written off, the markers reset . Just an idea, but what do ya think? It might be impractical on the client  or server side , but i'd like to know how hard it would be to do, and if it's even fesible to do due to the resources it might consume  . 38