Author Topic: I've lost faith  (Read 2358 times)

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
I've lost faith
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2006, 08:59:39 PM »
i dont fly "uber" planes..... but i find EW and MW boring...not enough players..... can fly around for a few hours just toolsheding and not finding anyone...

and when someone does come along, they just keep running back to there ack.....and being in EW/MW means you cant get ack down. so you stuck flying around doing nothing

EW/MW only get numbers if TT is on..... other than that its just a waste of space.

the main issue is AH is tweaked for LW "attitude" so EW and MW are too "hard".

which is why i started a thread when the split happend asking for different settings per arena.... EW = few guns, and bunkers next to each other. MW = more guns, harder bunkers and more spread. LW.... current setup.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 09:30:06 PM by Overlag »
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Killjoy2

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.nortonfamily.net
I've lost faith
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2006, 09:01:45 PM »
I've always hoped they would include an EW and MW in a corner of one of the large maps.  Kind of like we have Tank Town.  We could have Early War town.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
I've lost faith
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2006, 10:13:54 PM »
I just wish there were more players in EW and MW on a regular basis.  Flying around for 30 minutes looking for a contest isn't a whole lot of fun in my book.  I'd go to AVA but flying for 5 minutes then being sent back to the tower, lather, rinse, repeat, with those assassins, isn't much more fun (no insult to you AVA gents but all of you are better than I am).  Generally these days I go to the TA... you can fly forever and there's usually somebody to chase or to be chased by
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
I've lost faith
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2006, 10:18:46 PM »
Keassa,

In truth, the EW/MW concept would be sound, if not for one thing...

It has to have a more complete planeset.

With some accompanied GV's(Pz III, Matilda, Crusader, ?)

EW ack (MG's, or different guns on the airfield, for example)

Take an expanded planeset, Only enable it in EW/MW, and see what happens.

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
I've lost faith
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2006, 10:48:35 PM »
i gotta weigh in on this:

any true vet can tell you there is no such thing as an "uber" plane....when i hear people use those term i think "newbie" or someone who has not flown enuf planes to know what they are talking about...

let me elaborate...hurri2, spit 1, spit5 are all better turners then the "uber" planes....in fact if you had to label a plane as a trainer (training wheels) then i would stick the label on the EW planes (limited flaps..already slow so instant turn radius)...the only true adv the "so called uber" planes have is their speed...and in a turnfight thats a liability....i personally "learned" the flight model in a spit5 when i first joined...left it due to the fact it couldnt catch anything and i DON'T like someone else dictating tempo of a fight (just like chess fellahs...control tempo and control the game)

soooo...who really wants the EW planes??? guys who lack skill and patience imho...they want the arcade of quick easy low fights that you can charge into gun blazing...barely need to use flaps...and noone can egress to safety....take altitude and e out of the picture and make the fight very one dimensional (like ww1 arena in awc).

THIS is why EW failed..end of story...arcade fights with no strategy encouraged (or allowed by the self appointed dictators) results in eventual boredom (i.e. logging after 1/2 hour) and low numbers

the only pilots who garner my respect are the guys who fly the true B-n-Z...try getting furball kills in a FW for example in LW..very hard to do.

and for the folks who like to say the la7 is uber...ill turnfight you in any EW plane vs LA7 and beat the snot out of you....or even better try and beat a good lala pilot in his own plane....if they are so easy to fly....you should school him/her right?
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
I've lost faith
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2006, 11:02:52 PM »
Falconwing ..I really wish people would start to listen to you and TW9 brothers

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
I've lost faith
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2006, 11:40:13 PM »
old friend!!!
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
I've lost faith
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2006, 11:47:07 PM »
question for anyone who plays this game:

how many nights spent with a beautiful woman have you passed up so you could stay up late and play this silly computer game?
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
I've lost faith
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2006, 11:52:49 PM »
Originally posted by FALCONWING
soooo...who really wants the EW planes??? guys who lack skill and patience imho...they want the arcade of quick easy low fights that you can charge into gun blazing...barely need to use flaps...and noone can egress to safety....take altitude and e out of the picture and make the fight very one dimensional (like ww1 arena in awc).

So when the MA was in existence and I was bagging LW birds in a Spit 1 and landing 2-3 at a time, I lacked "skill and patience".   Give me a break!
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline NCLawman

• Nickel Member
I've lost faith
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2006, 12:02:58 AM »

any true vet can tell you there is no such thing as an "uber" plane....when i hear people use those term i think "newbie" or someone who has not flown enuf planes to know what they are talking about...

let me elaborate...hurri2, spit 1, spit5 are all better turners then the "uber" planes....in fact if you had to label a plane as a trainer (training wheels) then i would stick the label on the EW planes (limited flaps..already slow so instant turn radius)...the only true adv the "so called uber" planes have is their speed...and in a turnfight thats a liability....i personally "learned" the flight model in a spit5 when i first joined...left it due to the fact it couldnt catch anything and i DON'T like someone else dictating tempo of a fight (just like chess fellahs...control tempo and control the game)

THIS is why EW failed..end of story...arcade fights with no strategy encouraged (or allowed by the self appointed dictators) results in eventual boredom (i.e. logging after 1/2 hour) and low numbers

the only pilots who garner my respect are the guys who fly the true B-n-Z...try getting furball kills in a FW for example in LW..very hard to do.

and for the folks who like to say the la7 is uber...ill turnfight you in any EW plane vs LA7 and beat the snot out of you....or even better try and beat a good lala pilot in his own plane....if they are so easy to fly....you should school him/her right?

Falconwing for President! :aok

:D
Jeff / NCLawMan (in-game)

Those who contribute the least to society, expect the most from it.

Light travels faster than sound.  This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
I've lost faith
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2006, 12:12:38 AM »

OK I'm clearly a bit slow on the uptake.  So you are suggesting that in LW, that flying an early war plane is actually easier then flying a latewar bird?

And here all this time I thought I was challenging myself flying the 38G in LW since it's slower then the LW birds, no wep, can't run from a fight etc.

So to challenge myself I should fly a LW speed burner?

Interesting.  The other night, I went up under my late son's account cause I was missing him, and took a P51B and flew.  Did the old hang above the fight, drop in and pick em, while extending like mad with the speed I had.

Got 11 kills in a B pony in 2 flights, finally dying to a HO shot from an F4U1C.

Never done that in a 38G and I fly the G almost exclusively since it arrived in AH.  And all this time I thought I was making it more difficult for myself with the challenge of a 1942-43 bird against the 45 birds.

OK where's my LA7 ......
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
I've lost faith
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2006, 12:26:47 AM »
Not even going to read back beyond the, "EW planes are UBER" comment! Of course I mis-quoted on purpose!  :rofl :lol :rofl :furious :lol :rofl

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
I've lost faith
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2006, 01:12:01 AM »
You're all misreading what he typed. He's spot on.

He's talking about in the EW environment we've got right now, it caters specifically to the easy-mode pilots, because it removs any plane that would be a threat to their simple yank-n-bank skills. All they wanna do is dogpile the tail-end-charlie in a long line of distracted folks, turn as tight as they can, die (maybe get a kill in the process) and reup, repeat ad nauseum. The point is there's no real challenge for any of those planes when flying against any of the other planes enabled in the arena. An arena full of Hurricanes, SpitVs, and zeros is just that, and gets really old after the 1,000th revolution for no purpose.

I'm sure he agrees that flying early planes, when more advanced planes are available is more challenging.

Offline Trikky

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
I've lost faith
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2006, 03:52:54 AM »
HTC did say splitting the arenas up would allow them to add new aircraft which would otherwise go unnoticed. I'm expecting the I-16 any day now.

storch

I've lost faith
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2006, 06:19:34 AM »
Originally posted by Krusty
You're all misreading what he typed. He's spot on.

He's talking about in the EW environment we've got right now, it caters specifically to the easy-mode pilots, because it removs any plane that would be a threat to their simple yank-n-bank skills. All they wanna do is dogpile the tail-end-charlie in a long line of distracted folks, turn as tight as they can, die (maybe get a kill in the process) and reup, repeat ad nauseum. The point is there's no real challenge for any of those planes when flying against any of the other planes enabled in the arena. An arena full of Hurricanes, SpitVs, and zeros is just that, and gets really old after the 1,000th revolution for no purpose.

I'm sure he agrees that flying early planes, when more advanced planes are available is more challenging.
or you can get in a 109 and improve your skills by slapping down pinheads in the woobiecaneIIc and the woobiefireV.  the gay6Ms?  puleeeeese, they spontaneously combust at the mere sight of my 109.  the 109F is competetive in all the arenas if played to it's advantages though.  it is true that this fact would apply to any plane in the current inventory.  tankman2 consistently lands multiple kills in the HurriI even in the late war arena.