Author Topic: Collisions  (Read 2444 times)

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Collisions
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2007, 10:20:46 AM »
Crockett, you might try refining the search to include HiTech as the poster, and have the search yield posts, and not threads. There are many collision threads, looking only for posts by HT is a good deal easier than digging through 5000 2-3 page threads.

Be warned that HT's spelling is a bit unpredictable, and you may need to include words like "culizhun", "playnez" and "deteckshun", but he's gotten a bit better in the past few months. ;)
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Collisions
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2007, 02:16:52 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
Usually your own hardware, if properly configured, doesnt influence ping time much. Itīs much more dependent on where you live (=distance to HTC), your ISP etc. I have a quite good connection but a ping of 109 is one I can only dream about, my ping is varying about 149 at best and 176 at bad days. Other players in europe do have ping times at about 200 or worse And as long their connection is stable, they do not warp, though.

That's a fairly average ping time accose the Atlantic. My parent company in the UK and ping times to them are between 135-175 on average.

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
Collisions
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2007, 11:47:38 PM »
My ping is consistantly between 360 and 400  

And I can play fine MOST of the time....

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Collisions
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2007, 01:49:53 AM »
The deal with collisions is...  they suck and the idea sucks and will continue to suck until the intardnet becomes much faster.

...but it's what you'll continue to get until then.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Collisions
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2007, 09:22:45 AM »
if ya do the math, a ping of 100 to the HTC servers from two players can give you this senario.....

plane flying at 300 is about 440 feet a sec, one tenth of a second ( ping 100) 44 feet , two planes with same ping, 88 feet differance

you see both planes coliding, the other guy will see two planes 80 feet apart, giving him time to manuver.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 09:26:40 AM by The Fugitive »

Offline Coronado

• Nickel Member
Collisions
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2007, 03:19:26 PM »
if both planes get collision messages "you have collided/ "blank" has collided".. the server recognized both planes touched, therefore, both planes should go down.  Thanks to the History channel ive only seen one simulated collision (SBD/ZERO) where both planes didnt go down. if we touched.,..my fault, yur fault..nobodys fault,, send them both down.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Collisions
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2007, 03:40:17 PM »
Originally posted by Coronado
if both planes get collision messages "you have collided/ "blank" has collided".. the server recognized both planes touched, therefore, both planes should go down.  

The server has nothing to do with collisions.

If you do collide on your FE, your computer generates a "You have collided message"

If your enemy did collide on HIS FE too, he sends the information to you via server "XXX collided with you"

The server does not recognize/detect/determine collisions, that work is done on each players computer.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Collisions
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2007, 03:40:57 PM »
The server isn't making the distinction. If your PC determines that you and player X are occupying the same space at the same time, and if playerX's PC determines that he and you are occupying the same space at the same time, you will both get the message, and you will both take damage.

While such collisions do occasionally occur simultaneously, normally one follows the other, or only one is detected due to lag, and the resulting perception that one plane is in a slightly different position.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Softail

• Copper Member
Collisions
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2007, 05:38:25 PM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
if ya do the math, a ping of 100 to the HTC servers from two players can give you this senario.....

plane flying at 300 is about 440 feet a sec, one tenth of a second ( ping 100) 44 feet , two planes with same ping, 88 feet differance

you see both planes coliding, the other guy will see two planes 80 feet apart, giving him time to manuver.

Now THAT is funny.   88 feet to manuever one plane @ 300mph is  1/10 of a second.  No one can do anything at that speed, distance and time.

The "average" blink of a human eye is 3/10th - 4/10's of a second.  By the time you blinked...you were already 132 feet past the point where the  blink started.

I finally survived a collsion!!!   A P-51 rammed into my arnold while I was chasing a 190!   The P-51 suffered and oil leak and flew off to land.  So things are looking up ;-)

Softail

Offline Coronado

• Nickel Member
Collisions
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2007, 07:21:23 PM »
ohhh..my bad,, i thought i was running a High Tech program, didnt realize Dell preloaded all the software to run AHII...should i be sending them 15 bux too??:rofl

Offline Coronado

• Nickel Member
Collisions
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2007, 07:22:17 PM »
my computer isnt making the distinction,, HTC  servers are.

Offline Coronado

• Nickel Member
Collisions
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2007, 07:32:58 PM »
i know..i know, basically, the slower/ crappier your computer,, the better chance you have of surviving a collision.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Collisions
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2007, 07:37:56 PM »
my head hurts after reading all this. its simple learn how to make your kills from 600-650 out you stand a better chance not getting rammed or become a rook and fly at 30,000 in alt they never get rammed :)
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Collisions
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2007, 07:41:15 PM »
i know..i know, basically, the slower/ crappier your computer,, the better chance you have of surviving a collision.

complete nonsense.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Collisions
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2007, 07:52:45 PM »
my computer isnt making the distinction,, HTC  servers are.

Collisions at tabulated by your front end.

So what you see is what you get.

Bronk
See Rule #4