Author Topic: Dog fights on the History channel  (Read 2686 times)

Offline Quah!

• Copper Member
Dog fights on the History channel
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2007, 09:54:05 AM »
just for the record, that stupid oval race track as you call it is actually called a wagon wheel. It was and still is a manuever. The idea being no matter what the enemy plans does, someone can get on their 6

Uhhhh Just for the record your completely wrong, it was not a Wagon Wheel.  A wagon wheel is a defensive maneuver and the Zekes were on the offensive.  How many wagons had oval wheels.  LOLHAY WTF

Next time you are in a fight in the MA you start doing your circle jerk maneuver  and tell me how long you last.  LOLH

I've seen a lot of animated or CGI depictions of air combat. For all its faults, Dogfights does a vastly superior job in realistic movement of the planes and depiction of the action. In comparison, it is very good.

So have I and I will have to disagree with you here, hell HTC does a better job in the film viewer then Dogfights CGI team is doing.  The flyby shots are nice, but the chase views are not.  Sorry I would rather see less eye candy and more accuracy.

i really enjoy watching those episodes, maybe not so much for the historical aspect as much as for the fun. when i want history, i'll read a book or ask guppy/corkyjr. i also think not everyone who watches that show knows half as much as many of the pile its here.

LOL Pluck, sorry bud, but when I tune into the History channel I expect historically accurate programming, wouldn't you think??  Don't you get tired of your world being dummied down for the other half.  Why is it people are satisfied with half arsed crap these days.  Different strokes I guess.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2007, 10:03:03 AM »
I've seen a lot of animated or CGI depictions of air combat. For all its faults, Dogfights does a vastly superior job in realistic movement of the planes and depiction of the action. In comparison, it is very good.

They should have hired "tochy" to do the job.

You guys remember him, right?

Offline Tabasco

• Copper Member
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2007, 11:02:34 AM »
Yes, tochy did immaculate CGI stuff.  But I can't seem to find that site anymore.  I had it at http://www.angel.ne.jp/~tochy/index.htm, and I've Googled it, but no go.

Offline Tabasco

• Copper Member
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2007, 11:35:09 AM »

Offline Quah!

• Copper Member
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2007, 11:48:55 AM »
Nice now that is decent CGI.  Unfortunately puts Dogfights to shame.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2007, 05:24:51 PM »
Originally posted by Quah!
So have I and I will have to disagree with you here, hell HTC does a better job in the film viewer then Dogfights CGI team is doing.  The flyby shots are nice, but the chase views are not.  Sorry I would rather see less eye candy and more accuracy.

I'm not comparing Dogfights to a flight sim or to Touchy's stuff (which is awesome).  I'm comparing it to any TV show I've seen, about air combat, that uses CGI to show the motion of the planes.  Every one that I've seen has a much, much greater lack of realistic movement compared to Dogfights.  If you've seen a show or a series that has better CGI motion (in terms of realism) for aicraft, I'd please let me know, as I'd like to have my Tivo hunt for it.

Offline wabbit

• Copper Member
      • Wabbit's War Room
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2007, 01:18:54 PM »
It looks like I won't be able to upload the 'Dogfights' episodes after all. I tried a number of ways with no success.

It turns out to be almost impossible for me to upload the zipped files safely. I've tried a number of upload sites, but had no success.  The upload speeds were terrible and in many cases failed before finishing.

I'll take a look into bittorrent and see if I can do anything through them. If I have any luck I'll post here and let everyone know the details.

Sorry!

Wabbit
Wabbit:
             The Official Rolling Thunder Target Drone...

Offline DES

• Copper Member
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2007, 05:50:27 PM »
I've put some races up in the following site before I started using usenet.

http://www.mininova.org/