Author Topic: Winning TT Map  (Read 4546 times)

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2007, 07:29:13 PM »
TT can stay unmolested as long as the fight stays on the island. I'm all for giving the furballers and quakers their own sandbox. But when missions start rolling out of there for other islands, it becomes just another base to shutdown or capture.

This was the reason FT never worked in AW. Fight Town only worked when it was placed in its own arena. Even the makers of "Fighter Ace" understand you can't have a roped off area in the MA just for furballing... I haven't played FA in few years but, I think it had 2 or 3 FighterTown type arenas.

HT once said he wanted 1000's of arena with 300 players each.... if he would only make one them a FT/TT I wouldn't to read the same B.S. every few weeks... :furious

CAVALRY
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Winning TT Map
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2007, 07:38:45 PM »
Originally posted by DREDger
I was trying Donzo, but was unsuccessful.  Can't win all the time or be everywhere at once.  Every try rallying enough players for a mission, it's like hearding freaking cats!  Plus Bish got angry and started fighting back like maddogs (took their bone away and they responded)

So let me get this straight...you can't rally enough people to support your cause to win the war, only enough to take TT then it all dies out?  

Hmmmmm.

It seems to me that with so many people in TT on all sides you and your band of win the war lemmings would have an easy time taking the outer bases.  If it's a fight you want, you'll have a big enough one once you work you way to the inside (TT).

However you try to spin it, it doesn't wash.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2007, 07:53:38 PM »
Have you ever put together enough people to do 4 or 5 missions in a row and manage to take bases every time?

I think it was about 2 weeks ago we took 8 bases via missions in a row. It took like 4 hours to do. How long do you think it would take to win the entire map? Do you think these missions just get filled up in 5 mins then we are off to kill a base?

I would guess at best in most situations it takes about 30 mins on average to complete a mission and win a base assuming you have enough support. That means planning the mission and getting people to join to the time the troops hit the map room.

So how many bases do you think you could round up enough players to take? I think the 8 we did that one Saturday I think it was was a pretty damn good try but it still fell far short from winning the war or a reset.
"strafing"

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2007, 08:09:56 PM »
Originally posted by crockett
I have nothing against GV'ers they make nice targets to drop bombs on,  that and they don't squirm quite as much as LA's do. :D

One thing I do get frustrated with thou is when a base is getting attacked and GV support could defiantly help it out. 90% of the GVer's are sitting over on TT.

I could see the fun in TT for the GVer POV just like I see the fun in furballing.  But IMO if your not going to help bases that need support then I could care less if people get ticked if TT is controlled by one side.

Just a few hours ago we were attacking the Nits base I think it was A4 or A5. VH was still up, town was still half up and a FH or two were up, but all field ack was dead.

We were just basing raping the air strip because there was almost no GV support from the Nits. I kinda felt a little sorry for the guys that kept trying to take off but vulching them took care of that. :lol

Had there been any GV support, I'm sure we wouldn't of had such a vulch fest on that base, because anyone that had ord's were few and far between.

So this isn't aimed at all GVer's because I know quite a few do help out in defending and capturing bases and I'm glad those few do. But those guys that never leave TT to help out on other bases just so they can park there 10 or 15 kills. Well personally I don't mind killing off TT.

I wouldn't call myself a win the war player but I'm not a full on furballer either. I just like to shoot at stuff, but I'm always up for helping out my team where ever they need the help. Maybe if more players did that, then it wouldn't matter so much about  the need to take out TT just to reset the map.

You sir are a classic example of my first post.
Gvers in tt don't give a flyin fig about the rest of the map. But since you want ground support for your glorious map rest , you force them to.

*golf clap*
Brovo sir mission accomplished  you now have the gv's to help.

:rolleyes:

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2007, 08:51:32 PM »
Originally posted by Bronk
You sir are a classic example of my first post.
Gvers in tt don't give a flyin fig about the rest of the map. But since you want ground support for your glorious map rest , you force them to.

*golf clap*
Brovo sir mission accomplished  you now have the gv's to help.

:rolleyes:

Bronk

I think you are missing the point I was getting at. If we could get more help when needed not all the time from the GVer's when defending our bases. Then we wouldn't need to take TT to win the map, but with most of the GV's at TT it's too hard to defend attacks with just planes at so many bases that are open to attack.

In the current situation with the way the game is set up. In order to win the map I tend to agree that the only way to take it is via controlling the center.

I made a screen shot of the current battle in on TT..  You can see that we are slowly moving right through the center of the map because we control most of TT. Now IMO the most vital points on the map for us as Rooks against the Nits are bases A4 and A5.   No way could we keep those two bases if we didn't take A1 at TT.

With the Bish 24 and 25 aren't quite as important because they are spaced away from the rest of the map. But if we don't take them along with 22 then it makes several of our bases easy targets.  So if we were to take 25 and leave A22 alone then we would be open for attack anywhere in that area. Same goes if we didn't take A1.

As far as taking the V bases on TT, I could care less because they can be contained but IMO the A bases on TT are vital to winning the map.

Link to SS
"strafing"

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2007, 09:19:07 PM »
Originally posted by DREDger
So, in other words, even though THEY are having fun, they aren't helping you in your cause, so their ventures must be eliminated. How is that different from so many similar posts in this thread

BJ229,

You have valid point about TT being so popular, and by all means this game should be about fun.

The problem though, is that this map puts players at odds with eachother.  I am a strategy player and like to win the map, as are alot of people.  Many others have a blast at TT and want it left alone.   But I don't think you can do both in this case.

My contention is under the new capture system, you can't really win unless you take TT first.  To that end I have broken taboo and organized it's captures.

What do you think about my idea of making TT bases uncapturable, and perhaps isolating it from the rest of the map?

It's 10:15 pm est, you and your merry band of dweebs just took the last tt base---bish still have 24 bases, fail to see how taking 44 helps---all it could do is maybe force tankers to don airplanes and help you win your war--I play about 1-2 hours a night, and I could give a crap about the war--if tt is up, I like to tank--if not, mebbe a few jug missions. Having someone try and FORCE me to help them isn't gonna work. (ok..it works for wife, but she has leverage) Off to Blue
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2007, 09:28:26 PM »
I think you are missing the point I was getting at. If we could get more help when needed not all the time from the GVer's when defending our bases. Then we wouldn't need to take TT to win the map, but with most of the GV's at TT it's too hard to defend attacks with just planes at so many bases that are open to attack.

In the current situation with the way the game is set up. In order to win the map I tend to agree that the only way to take it is via controlling the center.

I made a screen shot of the current battle in on TT..  You can see that we are slowly moving right through the center of the map because we control most of TT. Now IMO the most vital points on the map for us as Rooks against the Nits are bases A4 and A5.   No way could we keep those two bases if we didn't take A1 at TT.

With the Bish 24 and 25 aren't quite as important because they are spaced away from the rest of the map. But if we don't take them along with 22 then it makes several of our bases easy targets.  So if we were to take 25 and leave A22 alone then we would be open for attack anywhere in that area. Same goes if we didn't take A1.

As far as taking the V bases on TT, I could care less because they can be contained but IMO the A bases on TT are vital to winning the map.

Link to SS

You've said the same thing in several posts, yet you deny you're saying it---those tt twits arent helping win the map:rolleyes:

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2007, 09:34:46 PM »
Originally posted by bj229r
You've said the same thing in several posts, yet you deny you're saying it---those tt twits arent helping win the map:rolleyes:

you sure complain a lot.
"strafing"

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Winning TT Map
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2007, 09:37:43 PM »
Have you ever put together enough people to do 4 or 5 missions in a row and manage to take bases every time?

No, I have not put any together but I've participated in many.  What's your point?

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2007, 09:56:27 PM »
you sure complain a lot.

Ummm..clever.....

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2007, 10:00:32 PM »
you sure complain a lot.

And you keep whining about gvers not helping WIN TEH WAR.

:rofl :rofl

If not the attack you need em for defense.  Just admit it. Your countries gvers wont come a running so you shut down the mindless fun.

PLAY MY WAY DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2007, 10:09:01 PM »
Originally posted by Bronk
And you keep whining about gvers not helping WIN TEH WAR.

If not the attack you need em for defense.  Just admit it. Your countries gvers wont come a running so you shut down the mindless fun.

PLAY MY WAY DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!

Bronk

Again as I said from the start.. If they can't be bothered to help out then I could care less if they lose TT or not. If taking TT helps us win as it sure looks like it is. Then I'll continue to help cap TT bases or any other base.

Simple fact of the matter is if HT didn't want them captured, then they wouldn't be able to be captured. So complain as you will personally I don't car because if it can be capped then I'll attack it.
"strafing"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2007, 10:14:51 PM »
you sure complain a lot.

:eek:

Answer the question that has been asked to you more than 3 times already.   Stop playing "politician" and finding a "scapegoat" and just answer the question.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2007, 10:16:49 PM »
Thus far you've neglected to say HOW taking the island v bases helps--as I said before, bish had 24 bases ELSEwhere when yall took the last v base? They don't matter squat toward the base count, so the only possible reason is to force the gv folks to help in the 'win-the-war' endeavor?

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2007, 10:20:45 PM »
So you are willing to spoil a fellow countryman's fun for you own gratification.
Well done, here's a cookie .

Bronk
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 10:31:02 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4