Author Topic: Winning TT Map  (Read 4587 times)

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2007, 11:07:08 PM »
Answer the question that has been asked to you more than 3 times already. Stop playing "politician" and finding a "scapegoat" and just answer the question.

masherburn,

You're on K's crew?  Tonight when I organized a TT capture again (sucessfully), he had quite a bit to say.  He even went so far as to say when I posted missions in the future, he was going to warn the other team as to our intent. (he and one other)

What say you that sir?  I call it sedition or  teason.  That is a hanging offence.  

:noid

It's 10:15 pm est, you and your merry band of dweebs just took the last tt base---

bj229r:

You missed a heck of a fun battle tonight.  Bish rose up like banshee's and took back 22.  It was tenacious, it was glorious, it was a hell of a fight.  Lots of fun for all.

You want to keep TT, bj229, fight for it.  Get organized and get tough or stay home.

Sorry guys, I'm through being PC about this issue, you don't like it..TOUGH!!  Petition  HTC to change the map.  I've got tons of guys who like what I'm doing and you can expect more of the same.

:furious
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 11:27:05 PM by DREDger »

Offline lagger86

• Nickel Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2007, 11:23:27 PM »
I hate TT, I'm tired of that stupid map, and I want some tacos and a pepsi.
Lagger

Offline 715

• Silver Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2007, 12:00:52 AM »
Originally posted by DREDger
You missed a heck of a fun battle tonight.  Bish rose up like banshee's and took back 22.  It was tenacious, it was glorious, it was a hell of a fight. Lots of fun for all.

No.. lots of fun for pilots.  Zero fun for tankers,  i.e. exactly your goal.

Congratulations.

Offline Auger

• Nickel Member
      • AKs Home Page
Winning TT Map
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2007, 12:10:28 AM »
Auger, what is 'IMNSHO"  In my .. ..  .. humble opinion'?

In My Not So Humble Opinion

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
Winning TT Map
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2007, 12:11:19 AM »
Lets see . . . if it were fightertown, in the old days every Blue Knight and other assorted dedicated furballer would be complaining about the griefing going on.

But it was tanktown, so . . . . . . . . Well, at least Bronk is here.

:D

Nope, don't see a difference.  Unless it is the last one or two bases to win a reset, even if it is "just tanktown", it's griefing, plain and simple.

If you don't want to be labeled a griefer, or griped at because of your griefing, then don't grief.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2007, 12:17:08 AM »
Skyrock, lol, I remember your channel 200 statement last night about 22 being captured by 'Dredger and his band of twits'.  You have little credibility with me my friend.  I find you insulting and you may spout off all you want, it falls on deaf ears here.

I am fairly sure that the Orange TT map hasn't been captured in a month or so.  There have been a number of posts on it and I play in it every day, but no, I can't say I've been on it 24/7 as a matter of certainty.

As far as there being some 'understanding' on TT bases, or aces people being 'gv'ers at heart', claptrap.:rolleyes:

There is no explicit or implicit understanding of how this map should be fought.  Whine all you want, thats how me and my crew are going to fight it.

I hope you;ll come join my missions someday anyway.  :aok

You and your crew will end up just like that last band of twits who thought they were the new l33t mishun planners.  You have no clue about the importance of leaving those 3 V-bases up in the middle of that map, if you did have a clue you would understand how retarded you look defending taking them.  That map can be won with the new capture system without ever touching those 3 vbases in the middle.  Also, you show your inexperience and lack of respect for the community by saying there is no understanding in the community about those 3 vbases, there are many who make mishuns to win the war.  I would dare to say that maybe 3 or 4 out of 100 who do mishuns to win the war are dweebie enough to think those 3 vbases in the middle are vital!  You have taken it upon yourself( as super mishun planner guy) to stand up for this non-sense and it will bite you in your arse as wou will be driven into the ground trying to stand this point.  If you continue, there are many who will hunt you and your squad down like the dweebs you are just to do to you what you are doing to the hardcore GV'ers.......ruining there fun, and I'm not even a GV'er!  On a lighter note, I was once a major player as a mission leader and co-ordinator.  I would have up to 50 sometimes 70 peeps rolling bases behind my leadership.  I have played on the TT island map for four years.  I once led a group of missions that won the uterus map in no less than 2 1/2 hours.(That's right, we won a reset, the uterus map came up and we won it in less than 3 hours!)  So don't get up here and preach your lies about how vital those 3 vbases are to winning the war, because they are not!  That map can be reset without ever touching those 3 vbases even with the new system!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2007, 12:18:43 AM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
:eek:

Answer the question that has been asked to you more than 3 times already.   Stop playing "politician" and finding a "scapegoat" and just answer the question.

Sorry ask it a 4th time.
"strafing"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Re: winning TT map
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2007, 12:22:16 AM »
Originally posted by VERTEX
Skyrock, ( this post may offend you, read at your own risk)

Having participated in a number of Dredger's missions I take great offence at being called a twit. If you were intenting to use such offensive language I would appreciate some sort of disclaimer at the beginning of your posts so as to not to have to read it to find out it offends me. You have taken the moral high ground before and insisted on this type of behavior from others.

Practice what you preach sir.

Vortex, I am sorry that you take that word so personally, please read between the lines and understand that if you join a mission to take the 3 v-bases in TT you are being a twit!
LOL  :rofl :aok
Mark!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2007, 12:22:19 AM »
Originally posted by 715
No.. lots of fun for pilots.  Zero fun for tankers,  i.e. exactly your goal.

Congratulations.

Yea I'm paying my 15 dollars a month from now on, just to make the tankers have no fun. In fact I'm going to start patrolling enemy V bases especially around tank town and drop bombs on the guys returning to their base.
"strafing"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2007, 12:28:31 AM »
Originally posted by crockett
I have nothing against GV'ers they make nice targets to drop bombs on,  that and they don't squirm quite as much as LA's do. :D

One thing I do get frustrated with thou is when a base is getting attacked and GV support could defiantly help it out. 90% of the GVer's are sitting over on TT.

I could see the fun in TT for the GVer POV just like I see the fun in furballing.  But IMO if your not going to help bases that need support then I could care less if people get ticked if TT is controlled by one side.

Just a few hours ago we were attacking the Nits base I think it was A4 or A5. VH was still up, town was still half up and a FH or two were up, but all field ack was dead.

We were just basing raping the air strip because there was almost no GV support from the Nits. I kinda felt a little sorry for the guys that kept trying to take off but vulching them took care of that. :lol

Had there been any GV support, I'm sure we wouldn't of had such a vulch fest on that base, because anyone that had ord's were few and far between.

So this isn't aimed at all GVer's because I know quite a few do help out in defending and capturing bases and I'm glad those few do. But those guys that never leave TT to help out on other bases just so they can park there 10 or 15 kills. Well personally I don't mind killing off TT.

I wouldn't call myself a win the war player but I'm not a full on furballer either. I just like to shoot at stuff, but I'm always up for helping out my team where ever they need the help. Maybe if more players did that, then it wouldn't matter so much about  the need to take out TT just to reset the map.

Sometimes there are 50-60 maybe more guys in TT having a blast "shooting" at stuff and all they have to do is up and there it is.  This is the beauty of TT and although I am not a GV'er, I have been here long enough to understand that to take TT vbases is only trying to ruin all those peoples fun!  Those 3 vbases are not vital to winning the map!  So you are just griefing that they are not "shooting" at the same stuff you are!  :rolleyes:

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2007, 12:29:12 AM »
Why the H*** did they put a town in the middle of that battlefield anyway.  It was more fun without it.  I quit going there.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2007, 12:30:18 AM »
Originally posted by crockett
What I'm saying is I could care less how they play the game, but if they aren't going to help out when the help is needed, then I could care less if they lose TT or not.

If you could care less about TT, then why post in this thread?  Go grief somewhere else about how you are the Great Defender of Bases and you have no help! LMAO! :rofl :aok

Offline lagger86

• Nickel Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2007, 12:32:00 AM »
until TT bases are "uncapturable" defend them or lose them...I personally have no interest in them, but sometimes others do. Like I stated before, I'm tired of this map and I know others are too.
Lagger

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2007, 12:40:54 AM »
So, in other words, even though THEY are having fun, they aren't helping you in your cause, so their ventures must be eliminated. How is that different from so many similar posts in this thread

My contention is under the new capture system, you can't really win unless you take TT first.  I have broken Taboo and organized it's capture.

Herein lies the problem!  You are wrong and you have an EGO that will not allow you to see how wrong you are!  LMAO, "I" have broken taboo and .........     Seems you have leadership lust!  If one wanted to debate your tactics, then one might first bring up the point that leaving the TT Vbases up would inherently draw much nedded defence help away from the front line of your opponents!  Let your opponents base defenders have their fun in TT while you attack their other bases.  Taking out their TT Vbases would open the opponents9who normally are having a blast in TT) up to defending the rest of the bases making it much harder for you to take the needed 50% and win the war!  Give it a rest Griefer boi, you're just an ego trip trying to defend an undefendable and griefer style of playing! :rofl :aok

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Winning TT Map
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2007, 12:49:24 AM »
Originally posted by pluck
 its up to you to act, and everyone else to decide.  you can't do, then tell everyone else it's ok; just doesn't work very well.

My point exactly Pluck!  He comes in here and tries to claim it's the best strategy when it is plain to see from anyone who has been in this game very long that he enjoys being a griefer!  And you're right he will, if he continues to do this, make a name for himself as the guy who likes to take TT V-bases to ruin peoples fun.  He then will reap what will be coming to him!  I see an LCA backlash in his future!:rofl :aok