Author Topic: Global Warming  (Read 14448 times)

Offline ravells

• Silver Member
Global Warming
« Reply #750 on: March 26, 2007, 01:47:36 PM »
Thanks Curv...some things never change, eh?

Lasz we have to work on the best information we have and from what I've read, that information points to man contributing in a large part to global warming. Of course we all have to make our own minds up on it based on the evidence available to us and yours indicates otherwise. For what it's worth, I don't see Al Gore as the spokesman for global warming. There are many others far more qualified to speak on the subject than him.

Nevertheless, if what Curval says is right, you might need to check the evidence you're relying on. An open minded chap like you would be honest enough to admit that he was wrong if that were the case.

Ravs

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Global Warming
« Reply #751 on: March 26, 2007, 04:54:05 PM »
once upon a time the earth was covered by ice caps miles thick, then humans came along and invented fire, the rest is history.

the proof is there , humans destroyed the ice age.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Global Warming
« Reply #752 on: March 27, 2007, 04:56:07 AM »
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
Enlightenment?
« Reply #753 on: March 27, 2007, 06:33:27 AM »
Originally posted by ravells

What truly amazes me is that the rationality that was fought for so hard during the enlightenment and met its zenith with the founding fathers of the US has now been reduced to a superpower in which most people believe in some sort of divine being who will 'guide them', in which certain ex presidents make decisions based on their wives astrologer's decisions and it lookes like the good fight on the Scopes trial is going to be reversed because most of the people there don't even believe in evolution to the extent that they want 'intelligent design' (for which read creationism) to be part of the school curriculum. Such a shame. The march of unreason goes strong.

What truly amazes me is the arrogance of the monkeys on this planet that think a few hundred years of primitive science suddenly gives them the keys to the universe.  

We take things like the Big Bang theory of the creation of the universe, the theory of evolution, or human caused global warming and through scientific consensus declare them to be scientific facts.  This science is then taken as the gospel truth despite our inability to replicate any of it in accordance with the scientific method.  

We, the masters of the human genome, have so far been unable to figure out how life appeared on this planet in the first place.  We have been unable to take the elements of the primitive earth in a laboratory and create even the simplest single-cell life form from inanimate matter.  The best we've been able to accomplish is to create some precursor amino acids and chemical compounds, yet we are supposed to take it as the gospel truth that life just appeared here one day and evolved on its own with no intelligence behind it.  We're supposed to just accept that all these elements just got together on their own one day and became a life form - POOF - spontaneous generation.   After that, everything else evolved from our spontaneously generated life form all on its own.

While I don't want to get into a discussion of religious dogma, it is quite obvious (to me anyway) that there is a lot going on around us that is outside the range of our human senses.  I don't see the harm in pointing this out to children in school instead of feeding them just the current scientific consensus regarded as truth.  I'm OK with telling kids that "we don't know" why something is the way it is, and maybe presenting some alternative ideas.  I'm not for teaching a particular religion in public schools (no I dont think we need to teach the earth was created in 7 days), but I don't think it is a bad idea to maybe give kids the idea that there might be something else out there, and it might be a lot smarter than we are.

EagleDNY
$.02

"The smartest men learn enough to realize how much they will never know"

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Global Warming
« Reply #754 on: March 27, 2007, 08:14:08 AM »
ravs... you need to read back... curval is grossly missrepresenting his case..  On scientist on the swindle show is angry because he didn't like the way the film turned out... he said what he said tho... Like you.. he belives (for some reason he can't explain) that man is causing some/massive/significant/unmeassurable/at least something worth getting upset about and funding grants/ global warming..  

curval has not seen the documentary... Top guys in their fields... what does curval listen to?  algore... politicians and actors and the UN and now...  a cartoon..  cartoonists believe so it must be true?  

The UN?  now if we use curvals logic...  The UN report actually did cause scientists to sue to get their name off it.   Whole phrases in the UN report that said that there was no evidence of man made global warming were taken out... many of the people who signed it were nobodies... not scientists at all.   There is a great deal of dishonesty on the handwringers side of the "debate".

Watch the documentary..  If you are as willing to listen as you claim you will watch it.  

It is so damning that you would think any scientist who still clings to C02 and man causing doomsday global warming would be outraged and ready to debate with charts and graphs and proof in hand.

Nope..  there is no scientist on the planet worth a damn who believes like algore does.  He is a carny shyster selling carbon credits and getting his mug back in the public view...

A sad, pathetic man.   To think people voted for this guy for president of the U.S.

lazs

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Global Warming
« Reply #755 on: March 27, 2007, 08:19:18 AM »
I HAVE seen the swindle documentary lazs....it's the Al Gore one I haven't seen.  You need to go back and read.

AGAIN you are here trying to put me into the Al Gore camp.  YOU are grossly misrepresenting what I have written on these boards.

I'm not surprised though...if you don't agree with lazs 100% you get labelled.  It is his style.  Stupid...but his style nonetheless.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Global Warming
« Reply #756 on: March 27, 2007, 08:31:35 AM »
Ok... so still you have seen but one side of the story.. that is not lableing you that is pointing out that you haven't seen both sides...  you really do need to compare the two.

Why aren't you ranting about the dishonesty of the UN report...  you have read this thread and seen the links to scientists who want off the report... not because they didn't like the way it came out but because it left out what they said..  It left out the most important part.. that they can see no evidence of man made global warming at this time.  

You pretend to be unbiased but I don't think you are fooling anyone.   You gloss over the gross dishonesty of the man made global warming camp but write long threads on one tiny part of the "swindle" documentary that has one guy saying that he was sorry he was on it but.... nothing about not being able to speak... he said what he said...

Just like you claim that my whole gun debate is based on one book..    I have a shelf of studies on it..  I can find nothing of substance on the other side.

The two debates have a lot in common... when calm people do the research and put up actual numbers...  your side simply ignores em and goes on with your sky is falling rhetoric.   You are happy if you can find one dissenter... one flaw...  that is enough to make you comfortable in your dissmisal of the whole other side...  enough for you to go back to your politicans and actors and cnn...

lazs

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
Global Warming
« Reply #757 on: March 27, 2007, 08:31:47 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
The UN?  now if we use curvals logic...  The UN report actually did cause scientists to sue to get their name off it.   Whole phrases in the UN report that said that there was no evidence of man made global warming were taken out... many of the people who signed it were nobodies... not scientists at all.   There is a great deal of dishonesty on the handwringers side of the "debate".

lol

Lazs is cherrypicking again from his bible documentary and claiming it as fact.

Apparently there was a UN body that published a global warming report with a bunch of scientists in the bibliography.  The ones who were in lazs' documentary made the claim that they were included even though they disagreed with it.  They also made the claim that non-scientists were included.

Interesting how ALL of the scientists interviewed were the ones who were trying to get their names removed from it.  I don't recall seeing ANY of the other side to the story...and there is ALWAYS another side.

I'm not denying that it didn't happen, but I also don't presume to know all of the facts surrounding that particular issue...unlike lazs.  He just accepts what was said without question, because he agres with it.

It is just as bad as the hand-wringers, as lazs referes to them.

In fact, lazs is a handwringer himself.  He's just on the other extreme of the debate.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Global Warming
« Reply #758 on: March 27, 2007, 08:43:26 AM »
you need to read back in this thread... a few guys have linked articles that say what what said in the documentary about the UN.

It was the links in this thread that I read before I seen the "swindle" documentary.

Did you even follow any of the links in this thread?

lazs

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
Global Warming
« Reply #759 on: March 27, 2007, 08:57:41 AM »
The thread is about 16 pages long, I'm not going to search for the links you claim are there.  I remembered the issue from the documentary, not from a link.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Global Warming
« Reply #760 on: March 27, 2007, 09:08:24 AM »
doesn't matter.. the fact that you never did follow the links in the first place pretty much proves what I said about you.

I think most guys here follow the links to both sides.. you don't.. you are too intent on making your point.   You have no compunction about posting a link yourself tho and expecting everyone to follow it.

lazs

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
Global Warming
« Reply #761 on: March 27, 2007, 09:17:50 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
doesn't matter.. the fact that you never did follow the links in the first place pretty much proves what I said about you.

I think most guys here follow the links to both sides.. you don't.. you are too intent on making your point.   You have no compunction about posting a link yourself tho and expecting everyone to follow it.

lazs

lol

Yup, that proves it lazs.  I'm just Al's stooge.

I follow virtually all the links that are posted.  I've looked back about 5 or so pages and can't spot the one you refer to.  Are you sure it is in this thread?  I didn't even really get involved in this thread until it was well along.

But, you have made an assumption...and claim it as proof of something.

Pretty much proves what I say about you I suppose.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Global Warming
« Reply #762 on: March 27, 2007, 09:24:47 AM »
Ok, this one is done.  Wy don't you two take it privately.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com