Author Topic: The Imbeciles have spoken.  (Read 2062 times)

Offline mentalguy

• Nickel Member
The Imbeciles have spoken.
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2007, 10:06:14 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn

Thrawn

Sorry I don't think your automatic pigeon-hole for anyone that you disagree with isn't quite going to work in this case.  :aok  

LOL:lol  Its even worse that you're trying to chang OUR politics, things may look bad at the moment, but you have no reason to complain. I honestly dont care what your government does why do you care about mine?

Anyways it, dont matter where you're from, personal attacks are a low thing to do. I dont mean to call a group *******s or dickwads, im talking about to an individual.
PFC. Corey "Mentalguy" Gibson
USMC

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2007, 11:57:22 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
I have participated in numerous threads on this bbs, and attended them with utmost seriousness and honesty.  But the absolute hypocrisy of starting a thread whose sole purpose is to hate-spew, and then to cry about personal attacks deserves neither.  It deserves derision.

Again, you come to a thread, and offer nothing.  I never whine about personal attacks.  I find them boring and mundane and a indication that the one making the attack has nothing to offer to the thread so they offer rubbish.

As for spewing hate, I am defending my belief about the political mistakes of my country.  Something that you have no right to be involved in anyway.

So run along to your land of 49% income tax and bother us no longer, or better yet, petition the UN to have a vote on rebuking my beliefs.  :aok
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Momus--

• Nickel Member
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2007, 04:37:58 AM »
Blaming your own people for your failures is a long-standing but increasingly transparent habit of the US right-wing, so no surprises here...

Link

Every state must have its enemies. Great powers must have especially monstrous foes. Above all, these foes must arise from within, for national pride does not admit that a great nation can be defeated by any outside force. That is why, though its origins are elsewhere, the stab in the back has become the sustaining myth of modern American nationalism. Since the end of World War II it has been the device by which the American right wing has both revitalized itself and repeatedly avoided responsibility for its own worst blunders. Indeed, the right has distilled its tale of betrayal into a formula: Advocate some momentarily popular but reckless policy. Deny culpability when that policy is exposed as disastrous. Blame the disaster on internal enemies who hate America. Repeat, always making sure to increase the number of internal enemies.

Quite a long but readable article if you've got the time. History seemingly repeats itself once more.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2007, 04:54:39 AM »
Originally posted by Dago
I see some of you are catching on to Thrawn, he is all about personal attacks, and very short on anything intelligent to say.

:rofl

"On voit la paille dans l'oeil de son voisin, mais pas la poutre dans le sien"

edit : quid autem vides festucam in oculo fratris tui et trabem in oculo tuo non vides
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 04:59:03 AM by straffo »

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2007, 01:12:27 PM »
real nice straffo.  glad you could add something of substance as opposed to insulting Dago.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2007, 02:00:07 PM »

grompf I should go to bed instead of misreading

btw the post I made apply to me too.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 02:06:52 PM by straffo »