Author Topic: The Imbeciles have spoken.  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
The Imbeciles have spoken.
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2007, 06:52:55 PM »
Originally posted by Flatbar
So, you're saying that you have more knowledge of the war than 246 of our representitives and therefore they are stupid?

< Voice of God  from Cosby's Noah >

Yeah, RIGHT!

Nope, I just have more common sense.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2007, 06:57:28 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Who was he threatening?  He was not a threat to Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Syria, Jordan or Iran.  

saddam started a war with iran and invaded kuwait,

stupid people bore me.

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2007, 07:50:51 PM »
We go after Saddam, who was no threat to this country b

Bzzzzzzt   wrong

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2007, 08:13:15 PM »
Originally posted by john9001

stupid people bore me.

lol, yeah, and who wants to start a war with Iran now?

*yawn*
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline dmf

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2007, 08:18:43 PM »
I have a really stupid idea here, if were not going to support a surge in Iraq , can we at least keep supporting the troops that are already there?
Lets not forget that the college educated morons in DC just might screw up and cut all support by mistake or design and leave half of our Army over there alone with no way out.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2007, 08:21:37 PM »
Originally posted by john9001

stupid people bore me.

The war with Iran was in 1979 and the invasion of Kuwait was in 1991.  Since then, we virtually destroyed his army.  He had virtually no air force since 1991, with the exception of helicopters.  After the First Gulf War and the subsequent strikes we did against his regime throughtout the '90s, his army could not conduct major offensive operations that would make him a threat outside of Iraq.  The only thing his army could do was keep order within the country.  

As to your little flip comment, I guess you must be really bored with your life.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Deth7

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.pigstompers.net
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2007, 08:22:49 PM »
It's all been about Iran  now they are surrounded.........
EA Still Blows...AOL Still Sux

Offline doobs

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2007, 09:04:14 PM »
R.I.P JG44
(founding XO)

68KO always remembered

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2007, 09:07:34 PM »
The war with Iran was in 1979 and the invasion of Kuwait was in 1991.  

Get your facts straight.  The Iran - Iraq war started in September, 1980 and ended in August, 1988.

Since then, we virtually destroyed his army.  He had virtually no air force since 1991, with the exception of helicopters.  

Well, according to your estimates, then the troops that invaded in 2003 should have not had any opposition.  

On the contrary, we destroyed more tanks, and personnel than in the first Gulf War.  To top that off, we destryed post Gulf War French mobile anti aircraft missile launchers, new T-80's, new Scud Launchers, and new combat  aircraft.  All arriving while the Iraqi's were under a morotorium from receiving any military aid.

After the First Gulf War and the subsequent strikes we did against his regime throughtout the '90s, his army could not conduct major offensive operations that would make him a threat outside of Iraq.  The only thing his army could do was keep order within the country.  

Again, you are missing the point.  The Iranians were concerned enough to keep combat brigades stationed on his border.  The Kuwaiti's continually renewed our basing rights as they were concerned, as was Saudi Arabia.  During his post Gulf War 1 recuperation period, he built up his armed forces and continually posed a threat to the region.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline VooWho

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2007, 09:55:18 PM »
Bodhi is right. When we envaded Iraq in 2003 some of our troops came across Mig-29s that were either barried or half barried in the sand. They had barried alot of there good equimpent from it being destroyed. I bet you Saddam barried his WMD which are not nukes but chemical or biological weapons.

The only thing thats going to win this war is if the people of the United States stop listening to all the dang politicians and come together and support this war. If that happened we would be home by Christmas as the politicians would say.
Non Sibi Sed Patriae!

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2007, 10:18:09 PM »
Originally posted by dmf
I have a really stupid idea here, if were not going to support a surge in Iraq , can we at least keep supporting the troops that are already there?
Lets not forget that the college educated morons in DC just might screw up and cut all support by mistake or design and leave half of our Army over there alone with no way out.

DMF,

Extraction is not really an issue. How fast it happens and under what conditions, IE under fire or not, are issues. If funding is cut for continued operations the troops would be extracted before the previously allocated funds were all expended.

The cost for that kind of return before there is any stability at all is another issue but that will likely be a domestic expense responding to attacks here.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2007, 02:04:23 AM »
I read somewhere that there is more support for gay marriage in your country than for your president.(approval ratings)
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Re: The Imbeciles have spoken.
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2007, 06:18:55 AM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070216/ap_on_go_co/us_iraq

It seems that the democrats have yet again continued with their contempt and hate for everything American in their attempt to wrongly rebuke the President.
They (democrats) are so intent in their blind hatred that in their attempt to rebuke President Bush, that their massive waste of time is only going to ensure that the terrorists see alight at the end of the dark tunnel.  They have also rebuked the new Commander in Iraq even after agreeing on his appointment and his plan.  Furthermore, their "non-binding" waste of time rebuke will further endanger our troops as the terrorists push to make a rise in death and injury toll so they can manipulate the democrats even further.

Look out, Al Quaida in America has finally opened for business, and it is called the Democratic Party.

What terrorists?

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2007, 06:19:30 AM »
Originally posted by Dago
It is even worse than it might appear when you realize the handsomehunkocrats have opposed the "surge" after the fact.  The surge is already on, and showing results.  The handsomehunkocrats, in an almost traitorous action, have basically rendered aid and moral support to the terrorists and the insurgents who are slaughtering innocent women and children, while at the same time moved to demoralize our troops who are everyday doing their duty.  Our troops overwhelming believe in their mission, and want the support and tools to do the job.  The handsomehunkocrats should be ashamed of their playing politics at the cost of so much, and those who voted for them should be ashamed at such a stupid waste of a vote.

It sickens me.

What terrorists?

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2007, 06:24:51 AM »
The way I see it if, Bush Jr. hadn't gotten us into this stupid, idiotic, meat grinder of a war in the first place...

We go after Saddam, who was no threat to this country but yet we only have a token force in Afghanistan going after the true culprits of 9/11 so they can release videos every other month mocking us.

ack-ack

You noticed that too hunh?