Author Topic: Why are ho's bad?  (Read 2505 times)

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2007, 07:55:25 AM »
I ho ewe all!  I'll even throw in a ram for SkyRock.

Quah.

:t

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2007, 08:50:52 AM »
Originally posted by Stang
ewe    ram

Quah.

Stang has no preference in the sheep pen!

:D

:noid

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2007, 01:36:27 PM »
<----Flight sim weenie. :D
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2007, 01:51:40 PM »
Originally posted by Schatzi

HO position.

If *you* are going for the HO on merge.... well, thank you. It will leave you in a bad position and hand me your behind on a platter. [/B]

:rofl :rofl :rofl  You only have to ask :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2007, 07:53:53 PM »
That being said, as much "disdain" as it receive on the boards I've had an opponent try to take the shot in a HO situation on initial merge probably about 90% of the time, (and this includes some vets who've sworn they never HO in here) and some planes are especially notorious for forcing HOs almost at will (Hurricane 2C, N1Ks, pretty much any Spit). So in all honesty, don't TRY to go for it, but if your opponent won't give you any other option take the shot (you can always try to roll yourself just enough out of phase it becomes a deflection shot and not a true HO).

i'm still pretty much one of the noobs, as i've only been here for about 6 or 7 months so far. in my p38, i notice a LOT try for the HO as they know the 38 is very susceptable to it. i try to avoid it. this is for me still hard, but one thing i've come up with is to use a very shallow dive, which to the other guy looks for all intents and purposes as if i'm flying straight at him.(i only do this if i can't find any other angle to attack at). at about 1.5k to 1.0k, i'll either steepen the dive to go under him, or i'll pull up to go over him. it seems as if when i pull up at that distance, that he usually misses me, and now i have an alt advantage(and i need ANY advantage i can get). i do spend time trying to maneuver to get something besides a head on shot, but i have guys that constantly turn right at me no matter what i do. unfortunatly, i have tried to take the HO too....not often though.....usually only if opponent fires first, or if i'm hurt and know i can't possibly get out of the situation(DESPERATE)
just my two cents..........on a topic that many get all fired up about...........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)