Author Topic: Why are ho's bad?  (Read 2503 times)

Offline abc123

• Zinc Member
Why are ho's bad?
« on: March 13, 2007, 12:02:55 AM »
Does do most people consider ho's dumb/stupid/dweebish?  I don't even have the game yet, so don't try to pin me as a ho supporter/enthusiast lol.

Thanks

oh and whats a toolshedder?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 12:05:49 AM by abc123 »
Tree: 73 Myself:  0

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 12:12:23 AM »
EEEEKKKKK!  Not another HO thread.

HO's are legal in some municipalities.  :D

Toolshedder = victim, as they usually battle undefended buildings and wilt at the slightest hint of opposition...or is that a milk-runner?  I forgets.  :rolleyes:

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 12:29:51 AM »
When you fly to position yourself for a head on attack, you are putting yourself infront of your enemies guns.

I am reasonably confident that putting yourself in front of your opponents guns is a bad idea.  I always thought the point of a dogfight was to get your guns on your enemy while avoiding theirs.

It's just an all around "not very smart" thing to do.  (unless you don't mind takin' damage and/or dyin' cheaply.  then it would be ok)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 12:48:58 AM »
Toolshedders in general attack ground targets, typically strat objects on airfields (hangars, ordinance, troops, etc).

However, this can be confusing as there's a couple different types of guys all lumped in with toolshedders:

The milkrunners like to hit undefended bases without opposition, then either run home before the enemy can up a defense or capture the base before anyone knows what's happened. Of course, there's also a measure of "sour grapes" in the tossing around of this label because it's always possible for a couple guys to tear away from the general furball to intercept these raids...but god forbid they do THAT.

Pork dweebs/pork-n-go dweebs zip through a defended base in fast cannon-armed birds (generally ElGay-7s, Typhoons or Tempests, Doras, etc) or other fast birds with decent ordinance loads (P-51 being one of the more notorious of these) to pop dar, ords, troops, etc., or grab a quick vulch or two, then jump to hyperspace and  run like hell from wary opponents, or enemies otherwise in a position to engage.

Then you have the guys who cut their ordinance loose and remain in the fight to either beat down enemy cap or continue to hit ground targets with guns. You can usually tell them apart from the pork dweebs by their choice of ride: You don't see nearly as many pork-n-go sorties by F6Fs, F4Us, P-47s, P-38s (to a lesser extent), Mosquitoes or Bf-110s. They generally stick around and either engage the cap or continue guns passes.

As for the HO, it's considered a deebish tactic because there's very little skill in pointing yourself directly at your opponent on the initial merge and opening fire from 1k out in hopes he blows up before you both collide.

That being said, as much "disdain" as it receive on the boards I've had an opponent try to take the shot in a HO situation on initial merge probably about 90% of the time, (and this includes some vets who've sworn they never HO in here) and some planes are especially notorious for forcing HOs almost at will (Hurricane 2C, N1Ks, pretty much any Spit). So in all honesty, don't TRY to go for it, but if your opponent won't give you any other option take the shot (you can always try to roll yourself just enough out of phase it becomes a deflection shot and not a true HO).
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 12:52:57 AM by Saxman »
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 01:28:58 AM »
Wow, he doesn't even have the game, and he's asking about HOs, what's dweebish, and toolshedders.

That's a good troll. :rolleyes:
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 01:36:57 AM »
Or he wants to educate himself before he jumps in so he knows what to avoid.

I try to be optimistic about these kinds of things.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 02:03:56 AM »
Dogfights are like being in the Lav with George Michael. You don't want to be the one in front if you can possibly help it. After months of practice you should be able to twist and turn to reverse you positions and make sure George is in front of you, where the least damage can be done. Some people circumvent this and it is bad. Standing toe to toe both they and George end up with the other guys pee on their nice leather chaps.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 03:05:38 AM »
i was gunna type something but pissed myself laughing at that analogy instead.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Angry Samoan

• Silver Member
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 03:25:21 AM »
Stink bait.

HO = Someone who does not / cannot dogfight.

Offline DLfrmHLL

• Zinc Member
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 03:32:05 AM »
Ho  ?

One of the more undefined terms i've heard.  I'm sure there are one
thousand opinions about this.  Opinion is a statement offered without
evidence.

Evidence seems to say this did happen and was used as a fighter
tactic in some units. "The Fighting Tigers" for one.  Allied Planes were
for the most part designed for a High speed Pass to inflict Heavy firepower
in large groups ... then speed away to safety.

Rule one for me is... to Always bring my guns upon the opponent
before they do to me.

Just like the Sport of Boxing, if i can get my jab in first and get out
of the way of theirs ....Yes !    If I can not hit first  I will dance out
of the way. Sometimes one will dance right into the oncoming
danger. So there is some skill and a mix of luck.

To say that it is an unwritten rule to fly past your opponent and
give a cheery wave before the battle of the sixes begins  NOT ME !

Give me a target  and I will take it ! :D

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 03:51:47 AM »
Well, there is HO, and then there is HO.

Say, if you fly Spit (Hurr2, N1K, etc), HO everyone and run to repeat later - its true lame. Why? Because every monkey can do it, no need to brain, no need to skill.

But if you in 190 (Typhoon) agaist spit and dont have alt advantage - hell, i dont know what else can be done (unless run far far away and climb). It still dumb but has some justifications at least. That why i dont like to fly such planes.
Or if you fight 1 vs many, HO can be valid tactics for you (but very wrong for them), because you dont have too much chances to get somebody's 6, most probably (and if you good enough to get 1's 6, he will drag you so others can shoot you down).
Or if you turnfight against better turning plane, after you loose speed HO can be best you can achieve, so it valid as well.

P.S. And dont forget - the one who cry after HO is one who did HO and loose it.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Dadano

• Nickel Member
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 06:02:27 AM »
Originally posted by DLfrmHLL
Ho  ?

One of the more undefined terms i've heard.  I'm sure there are one
thousand opinions about this.  Opinion is a statement offered without
evidence.

Evidence seems to say this did happen and was used as a fighter
tactic in some units. "The Fighting Tigers" for one.  Allied Planes were
for the most part designed for a High speed Pass to inflict Heavy firepower
in large groups ... then speed away to safety.

Rule one for me is... to Always bring my guns upon the opponent
before they do to me.

Just like the Sport of Boxing, if i can get my jab in first and get out
of the way of theirs ....Yes !    If I can not hit first  I will dance out
of the way. Sometimes one will dance right into the oncoming
danger. So there is some skill and a mix of luck.

To say that it is an unwritten rule to fly past your opponent and
give a cheery wave before the battle of the sixes begins  NOT ME !

Give me a target  and I will take it ! :D

1)You are not a flying tiger.
2)Yes, they took head on shots, but it is looked down on in this game because it takes absolutely no skill.
3)The reality is, your kill to death % will rise if you avoid head on situation and learn to fight.
4) This is not boxing.
5) There is no such thing as luck in a 1v1.
6)You are delusional if you think we, by not taking a head on, are advocating flying past an opponent with no intention of beating the watermelon outta them.
7)"A kill is a kill" is the slogan of someone who is too hardheaded and lazy to learn how to fight.

8) If you would like to learn a couple things PM/Email/ or contact me in game. I would be happy to help.:aok
Dano
Army of Muppets

"Furballing is a disease, and we are the cure... Oink."
-Twitchy

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007, 07:00:31 AM »
HO's are bad becuase they are dirty and you get diseases from them.

Plus sometimes they are undercover cops
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2007, 07:04:13 AM »
Even some of the vets around here consider any shot not on dead 6 a HO. I can name a few folks who constantly complain about HO's in the game when they have not been HOed.

If you see the plane From The top, belly or siDEs it is not a HO whatEver the Pilot says.      :)

Offline DieAz

• Silver Member
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2007, 07:52:14 AM »
lol Nilsen, deepbanana still crying everything is a ho?

some things never change.