Author Topic: Why are ho's bad?  (Read 2506 times)

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2007, 08:40:29 PM »
After flying in MW for a while today, I have decided that many people do not actually know what a HO is.

Had a pilot on the run (a 2 sector run as it turned out, he ran right up until a countryman showed up, who I killed, then he ran some more), 6 chase, about 1000 yards, he breaks left hard to try and come around and I shoot his tail off.

"HOtard"
"Dude, I shot your tail off"
"I've been playing this game since Warbirds and I know what a HO is"
"You've been playing since Warbirds? That's like 15 years of running away"

This happened twice. same situation, same dramatic response.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2007, 08:43:01 PM »
Originally posted by TinmanX
After flying in MW for a while today, I have decided that many people do not actually know what a HO is.

Had a pilot on the run (a 2 sector run as it turned out, he ran right up until a countryman showed up, who I killed, then he ran some more), 6 chase, about 1000 yards, he breaks left hard to try and come around and I shoot his tail off.

"HOtard"
"Dude, I shot your tail off"
"I've been playing this game since Warbirds and I know what a HO is"

This happened twice. same situation, same dramatic response.

:rofl :rofl :rofl
OMG that's funny.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2007, 10:07:53 PM »

Did you actually type this?  Because this is one of the funniest off-the-cuff-quips I've seen.

:D :D :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline sgt203

• Nickel Member
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2007, 11:07:21 PM »
:lol :rofl :lol :aok

That is a great line Tinman...........

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2007, 12:18:52 AM »
Oh this is easy.

HO's are headon shots.  HOtards are the noskill gamey types who insist on taking those shots as often as possible.

....I'm sure they eat thier boogers too, the image fits anyway. :)

There's really not much else to say about it.

Tumor
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 12:21:48 AM by Tumor »
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2007, 01:24:14 AM »
Psh, the only people who hate head on's are the spit tards & zeke geeks who INSIST everyone fight how they want "turnturnturnturn"

:D
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2007, 01:56:53 AM »
Kweassa, you type too much :)

In short, HO tactics was used widely in WW2. Generally, if you have more guns and tough plane HO is good for you. More skilled you become, less probably you will HO. That was said by real WW2 pilots (i read memoirs).

I dont say HO is good in game but it not "gamey" because its real and widely used tactics, unlike divebombing heavies, for example.

btw, thanks for pointing me at source of statement, i couldnt remember there it comes from.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline manurin

• Nickel Member
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2007, 03:30:05 AM »
To continue on this fantastic subject, yesterday in a F4U, i went head-on with a N1K, seeing that my angle was not good, decided to break.

Coming very fast, I actually had only the time to bring my wings parallel to the ones of the bandit, hoping that my left wing would go just over his left wing:

Result: the orange message that we all like so much: "you have collided" (no white message from his side).
But this time the noise of the collision, was quite light i would say, and the report of damages on my plane showed nothing. I look back to check the status of the N1K,which had no damage either: This shows that you can be faulty for the collision, but still can get out of it with no damage at all.

I've noticed as well, that if you don't want your HO to become a collision, sight your guns at 550, start shooting at 700, and break at 400,you'll have good results and this thread will start showing Head-On afficionados :aok
71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2007, 06:16:38 AM »
my theory on the HO. drive a 110 and win. as you were.
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline biggk

• Zinc Member
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2007, 07:06:04 AM »
ho's are fine, its a part of dogfightin isnt it !??!?    collision's pee me right off, 1 plane looses a wing, the other 1 flys off w/ no damage ! ! !  not on @ all

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2007, 07:10:42 AM »
I still say it's cowardly to shoot a man in the back. HOing is much more sporting, because at least the other guy has  chance to defend himself.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline manurin

• Nickel Member
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2007, 07:43:36 AM »
I still say it's cowardly to shoot a man in the back. HOing is much more sporting, because at least the other guy has chance to defend himself.

:aok  Hubson you got a point there, let's reverse this thread, and make the anti HO,the lousy fighters :rofl
71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2007, 09:05:20 AM »
Originally posted by manurin

Result: the orange message that we all like so much: "you have collided" (no white message from his side).
But this time the noise of the collision, was quite light i would say, and the report of damages on my plane showed nothing. I look back to check the status of the N1K,which had no damage either: This shows that you can be faulty for the collision, but still can get out of it with no damage at all.

Did you pull up ctrl+D and confirm no damage on your end?
Could have been as little as gear or flap. This would give no visual effect.
Note:
If no white text he avoided and would have no damage anyway.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2007, 09:52:54 AM »
HO's are for lamers with no skill!:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline manurin

• Nickel Member
Why are ho's bad?
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2007, 09:59:40 AM »
Did you pull up ctrl+D and confirm no damage on your end?

Yes bronk, that's why i just wrote about it, because after reading so much about collision effects , i wanted to check by myself.  :rolleyes:
71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF