Author Topic: A US puppet govt wont be tolerated  (Read 1982 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
A US puppet govt wont be tolerated
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2007, 07:54:54 PM »
Does anyone remember the Goofy Gophers?

I think we should all be like them.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2007, 08:33:17 PM »
Elphie,

I may be late in the game here but didn't Sadam use nerve agent against the kurds and the Iranians?

I didn't see that on the list provided to him.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2007, 09:39:25 PM »
Originally posted by john9001

france only supported the colonies after the americans won some major victories with the idea of getting some more caribbean bases, spain said "we want some islands too"and declared war on england, england declared war on the netherlands after the dutch used their islands to ship gunpowder to the colonies.

Not the point.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2007, 10:20:49 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
Elphie,

I may be late in the game here but didn't Sadam use nerve agent against the kurds and the Iranians?

I didn't see that on the list provided to him.

He did and if you look at Tronski's post it shows who sold Saddam precursors for which types of chemical weapons. Note however, that all the precursors on that graph thingie were dual use chemicals, just like what the US sold.

Now is it the fault of all of the countries that sold precursors to Iraq, that Iraq developed WMD's? Only if they sold those items knowing full well what he was doing with them. In the case of the US, we stopped all sales of dual use items as soon as it became clear he was using chemical weapons in the Iran-Iraq war and against the Kurds. Heck, in at least 2 cases we prosecuted companies for trying to sell precursors. Although in that second case, I think the penalty should have been far more than just a fine.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2007, 11:47:27 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
so who do you think is more brain washed?
the average american or the average Iranian?

my guess is the average Iranian.

Alternate answer : you.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2007, 05:35:45 AM »
Originally posted by straffo
Alternate answer : you.

of course, with our state run media outlets and all ...
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline ravells

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2007, 06:35:31 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
of course, with our state run media outlets and all ...

Hmmm: http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=1067

There seems to be a perception amongst many people that Iranians are little robots who all share the same value systems, political and religious beliefs and world view.  It may come as a surprise to those people that Iranian views have bell curve of diversity as most other peoples do. Perhaps the curve isn't as wide as one in, say Europe and the US, but it's there.

I recently saw a documentry in which average Iranians were slagging off their government, the west, the man down the road and the encroachment of Islam into what they considered secular matters. Many people looked for their news on radio and the internet and not state television.

In the documentry some of them didn't seem frightened about voicing their opinions, but others were very concerned so they spoke in a sort of 'code' with a lot of nods and winks and 'say no more's.   Recently, a group of teachers who assisted the human rights watch group were arrested, but the national teachers' association has openly criticised this and is intending to hold a demonstration to demand the resignation of the minister of education (good luck to them - I hope they don't get thrown into jail too).

So the problem to me is not so much that they're brainwashed, its that they get arrested if they are critical towards the government.

Ravs