Author Topic: Adios?  (Read 4251 times)

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
Adios?
« on: April 21, 2007, 01:33:00 AM »
Im tired of paying money to put up with crap like uncapturable bases, ENY, flawed collision and GV damage models, and the same GD squealing maps all the time.  Im gonna take a break and see if I still want to pay/play anymore after this tour.

My hats off to those who were my allies and friends.

See ya around.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 01:41:46 AM by AAolds »
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
Adios
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 01:43:23 AM »
1/10

Simple, concise delivery initially gave you high marks.  However, any professional quitter will tell you that returning 'in a limited capacity' are words that have absolutely no place in a quitting post.  It simply carries no weight, and quite frankly makes you sound like a whiner who had a bad night and posted while under the influence.

When you eventually quit from your limited capacity return, I suggest you use the search function to research the form and content of a proper departure message.

Offline BBBB

• Nickel Member
Adios
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 01:56:51 AM »

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
Adios
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 01:57:13 AM »
Dude, my minds not made up, read the post again and you will see such is evident.  FYI, posts like yours only show you to be an AH.  :aok
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Adios
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 02:44:14 AM »
Easy fix.

Learn to fight.

As brought up in another thread...

Originally posted by Pyro

The game is about aerial combat and that takes precedence to everything else. There will be tanks and such in the game but they won't ever be the main focus.

Vehicles will be useful for harrassing the enemy and capturing bases. There will be a lot more vehicle bases scattered around the terrain than airfields, so the travel distances won't be a huge factor.

But the gist of the message is that yes, we'll be putting more into this game than airplanes but our focus of the game is still aerial combat.

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

Originally posted by HiTech

Some play the game to fulfill the actual parameters that it was designed for, which is to overcome and conquer bases, and eventually the country, thus winning the war/game.

This is a false assumption.

The game was designed to have fun at different types of combat. Conquering bases is just a means to promote combat and hence fun. But by no means is it more or less justified than going out and just mixing it up.

HiTech

So far it APPEARS that you are focusing in on the parts of the game that are just there to "promote aerial combat" and missing the whole main focus of AcesHigh.

Looking at your score for the past 5 months (you started in December I guess) you do mostly bomber runs and GV sorties.  Those are the "Side Shows" of the game.  They are included in the game to help create fights for the fighters.

Many new(ish) players tend towards flying bombers and drivin' gv's because let's face it, they are easy to do.  Takes little skill to slug it out in tanks, and the bombing model we currently have is a joke.  ANYBODY can learn to bomb, and bomb reasonably well in a short amount of time.  Not that hard to sit there in a tank and spawn camp in TT.

So one of the main reasons you are frustrated is...  You don't know how to dogfight worth a crud yet.  Only being able to get one kill every 2-3 sorties has got to get old.  (hence all the buff flying and gv driving I guess)

Give it time.   Log some training sessions w/ one of the fantastic Trainers.  Get 1/2 way decent in a fighter and you will find that you will enjoy it AH SO much more.  (it's gonna take a lot more time to figure out how to dogfight than bombing or tanking it.  Years probably)

Focus on what the game was really designed for.  You will find much more enjoyment that way.  Get decent in a fighter and you'll see that "uncapturable bases, ENY, flawed collision and GV damage models" are really not that big of a deal, or are no longer an issue.

(Disclaimer:  I take bases, pork strat, GV, Jabo, AND furball.  I enjoy almost all facets of the game and I think that's one main reason that 5-6yrs down the road I am here and still enjoying it)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 02:47:04 AM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline OddCAF

• Zinc Member
      • http://cactusairforce.org/
Adios
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 04:30:05 AM »
Olds,
   you impulsive turdmonkey. You are suffering from frustratius disenfranchi, commonly known as Aces High Burnout. You'll be back, trust me. ;)

In the interim, enjoy your shore leave. It was fun to stir the proverbial turdpot with you at TT the past week. Perhaps after you've recuperated, we can do so again.

Best regards, Odd

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Adios
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 04:47:30 AM »
Even if you leave you will be back within a tour or two.

When i get back from my sailing trip on wednesday i bet ill see you logged on.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Adios
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 05:00:49 AM »
Originally posted by OddCAF
Olds,
   you impulsive turdmonkey. You are suffering from frustratius disenfranchi, commonly known as Aces High Burnout. You'll be back, trust me. ;)

Never post while suffering from frustratius disenfranchi,never.

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
Adios
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 05:47:07 AM »
This is too FUNNY :lol :lol
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
Adios
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 06:41:30 AM »
he got everyonepwnd! :lol

whatcha need to do AA is get a niki and ho the crap outta people and then make fun of them for being crappy at the game on 200, brings all the fun back :aok

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Adios
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 07:25:32 AM »
Originally posted by WMLute
So far it APPEARS that you are focusing in on the parts of the game that are just there to "promote aerial combat" and missing the whole main focus of AcesHigh.

This is a very wise post.

And take heart, I often fly multiple sorties without getting a kill, and I still enjoy this game to pieces.

- oldman

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
Adios
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2007, 07:27:00 AM »
Originally posted by WMLute
gv's because let's face it, they are easy to do.  

Just an observation the last year or so but..

Bingo, TT is so popular because the new breed get schooled in dogfights. Instead of upping again and trying to develop ACM (hell I'm still learning too) they jump into the "spawn camping, quake war, easy mode, insta action, get my kills on the radio text fast, ground war".

For that I love to bomb those RTB 50 kill spawn campers.
I love seeing the 30 sec pause between their death and a rant appearing on channel 200 when their chance for kill msg fame is ruined. You know they are just stewing.

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
Adios
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2007, 07:38:44 AM »
Lute, I know how to fight just fine, and in more than just bombers or GVs.  Dogfighting is not my strong suit, also I much prefer GVing, which many of you so-called pilots look down upon.   Perhaps you need to learn how to read rather than just jump to assumptions.  My initial posting mentioned no problems in terms of fighting, but in how the game operates, my dissatisfaction with said operation and the fact I pay for it.

Im no TTer either, I had got most of my tank kills either defending my bases or attacking some1 elses.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 07:46:30 AM by AAolds »

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
Adios
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2007, 07:56:59 AM »
to many big words for me :rolleyes: i need help...i think i need to poop now:mad:
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Adios
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2007, 07:58:08 AM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
...and I still enjoy this game to pieces.
:lol  

Well worded Oldie hehe.