Author Topic: Adios?  (Read 4250 times)

Offline Thruster

• Nickel Member
Adios
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2007, 10:25:52 AM »
Dude,

Right there with you.
When I first started playing there were a lot of mysteries to solve. E retention, ballsistics, setup tweeks, maintenance protocols, damage models, etc.

Learning and aclimating to the depth of the game.

After a while I got it figured out and started to understand why I got killed and how to avoid it. Then an understanding of how to earn kills and become a more reliable and effective teammate.
Bought some new gear, modified my setup to be more AH friendly, probably a bit too AH friendly. Got used to my time on AH with the good people that share the skys.

Now I feel like I'm at square one. The games performance has changed and not in a positive manner. I don't have the time in to remember all the other growing pains the vet's lived through and I try to be patient but the elements of play that make this game so fascinating, the ablility to capitalize on various strengths/weaknesses, the competition between players, the flow of combat where you can test you abilities against others is rapidly evaporating.

I've been involved in user groups that contribute to the development of software before and this feels the same. But usually the developers progress toward a more effective app. not just a prettier screen.
I'm still waiting to see AH take that initiative.

I don't disparage La's , spawn campers,  dead eye dick gunners, toolshedders, ch200 loudmouths or even HO'ers. It's a game.  And a pretty cool one at that.

I just want to pull the trigger and hit or miss depending on how well I aim, not whether or not my opponant is on dial-up. I know some issues can't be helped, but when a program's performance devolves over time instead of improves one has to decide if the value remains.

I find myself playing a lot less than on previous versions.  One or two sorties is enough now when I could (and have) been logged on for 10 hrs. or better at a sitting. ie; substantially less "bang" for the buck. Pardon the pun.

I'll try to be patient, which my parole officer said was my strong suit (which were his last words now that I think of it) and keep on hoping for a change in direction development-wise.

Or maybe I'll just become a real badass on this cool solitaire game I found on my comp the other day. Man these guys think of EVERYTHING.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Adios
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2007, 10:28:01 AM »
Originally posted by Larry
Why does everyone say hes a shade I remember a guy that had the same name that played AH about 3 or 4 years ago.

I don't, and he has but a handful of posts since Feb?
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
Adios
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2007, 10:41:11 AM »
well at least he was civil about it all:rolleyes:  I give credit where credit is due though, HT responds well to people threatening to leave if he doesn't make changes...........the future looks bright.

again, why people feel the need to let everyone else know how much they dislike the game when they could just email HT and take their money elseware i will never know.  If you wanted to discuss how certain changes might be better for the game, this was not even close to the right way to approach it.
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Adios
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2007, 10:42:42 AM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
I don't, and he has but a handful of posts since Feb?

Because some people don't live on the BBS like us. :D
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Adios
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2007, 10:47:45 AM »
Originally posted by pluck
well at least he was civil about it all:rolleyes:  I give credit where credit is due though, HT responds well to people threatening to leave if he doesn't make changes...........the future looks bright.

again, why people feel the need to let everyone else know how much they dislike the game when they could just email HT and take their money elseware i will never know.  If you wanted to discuss how certain changes might be better for the game, this was not even close to the right way to approach it.

If I ever leave the game (doubt it), I wouldn't make a post.    I'd make a huge Candy Mountain mishun and leave it at that.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
Adios
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2007, 10:51:44 AM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
If I ever leave the game (doubt it), I wouldn't make a post.    I'd make a huge Candy Mountain mishun and leave it at that.

lol
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Adios
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2007, 10:51:53 AM »
Originally posted by pluck

I don't think HTC is going to make changes just becuase one person is leaving. They have thousands of subscribers one isnt going to hurt them.

Most of the things olds said have been here for years get over to it or get outa the game. I'd like to see you try to find a better game the AH for only $15/mo
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Adios
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2007, 10:57:53 AM »
Originally posted by Larry

I'd like to see you try to find a better game the AH for only $15/mo

Can't be done.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
Re: Adios?
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2007, 11:02:59 AM »
Originally posted by AAolds
Im tired of paying money to put up with crap like uncapturable bases, ENY, flawed collision and GV damage models, and the same GD squealing maps all the time.  Im gonna take a break and see if I still want to pay/play anymore after this tour.

My hats off to those who were my allies and friends.

See ya around.
What is interesting to me is that, of the 5 gripes listed . . .

. . . the first two are necessary for some semblance of fair gameplay . . .

. . . the next shows the poster's misunderstanding of how the game works . . .

. . . the fourth is a pure whine with no facts to back it up . . .

. . . leaving only one, semi-legitimate complaint, but one that is hardly worth quitting over.

Bottom line, looks like you're having difficulties due to a combination of ignorance and poor attitude.  

Improve your knowledge level (i.e. understand why things like ENY and uncapturable bases are necessary, how the collision model really works), and it just might help with the attitude problem.  When the attitude improves, the minor annoyances are more easily put into their proper (insignificant) perspective.  Ergo, you will have more fun, and will stay in the game.

Or, you can continue to be frustrated by things that will not and should not change, and just leave.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
Adios
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2007, 11:12:30 AM »
Just take a few days off, and you'll feel better.

I used to play everyday, as much and as often as i could. After a while i found out what everyone meant by "burning out".  I would  get aggravated at the stupidest little things and rant on 200 like an idiot.

The weather is getting nice, so go out and enjoy yourself.

I had fun last night with that massive rook gv offensive we had,  taking base after base after base.

Always remember it's just a game.  

"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Adios
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2007, 12:01:24 PM »
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
Adios
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2007, 12:36:20 PM »
Maybe these letters will have meaning for you.  G.F.Y.

The door must be miles away to take this long to leave..whew :D
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Adios
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2007, 12:37:56 PM »
Hes not ganna leave just trying to get noticed.:D
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Re: Adios?
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2007, 12:53:50 PM »
Im tired of paying money to put up with crap like uncapturable bases, ENY, flawed collision and GV damage models, and the same GD squealing maps all the time.  Im gonna take a break and see if I still want to pay/play anymore after this tour.

My hats off to those who were my allies and friends.

See ya around.

You need to quit.  I see your text on rook channel often. You are usually pissing and moaning  about how we need to take that base, defend this base,  bomb this ord, kill those FH's, etc. When I fly rook, I usually end up squelching you w/in a few minutes of upping.  You want the whole rook mass to work towards your goals and, since the game offers so many differing goals, many people on rook aren't interested in having a General filling their text buffer w/ whines and demands. You should have been  forming missions and giving these types of commands on a mission channel and not country wide.
You take the whole "win the war" thing much too seriously and don't seem to enjoy yourself very much.

Good Bye.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 12:56:41 PM by SteveBailey »

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
Adios
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2007, 12:54:39 PM »
I was seriously thinking of leaving, but after talkin with AApache and others, I changed my mind.  To those who hate me or want me to go away..... I must have made an impact on you to get such a reaction, means im doing my job well.  I know im not alone in my initial complaints about the game set up.  Seems to me that ENY and Uncapturable bases were made to appease whiners from before I started l playing, which was this past september FYI.  For only being on here for a limited amount of time compared to others, I've already made my mark well.

to all, even the jerk replies.
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.