Author Topic: Adios?  (Read 4252 times)

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Adios
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2007, 12:58:42 PM »
Originally posted by AAolds
 means im doing my job well.  

I'm morbidly curious.  What do you see your "job"  as here in AHII?

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Adios
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2007, 01:11:35 PM »
Olds, you and I have diff. views on what being "just fine" in a fighter means.

Getting ONE kill every THREE times you up is not "just fine", hence my telling you how you can learn to do better.  

A side effect of doing so is really, REALLY enjoy this game a heck of alot more.  I remember what it's like getting killed like that.  (granted, it's been over a decade, but I can still remember that month or so of dying before my squad trained me)  

So i've seen the game from your side of the equasion.  I hope that some year you are able to see it from mine.

(I knew this was a waste of time thread when I 1st saw it.  BUT I thought i'd give a go at trying to help someone out.  My mistake.  This was a "pay attention to me" thread from someone needing attention as opposed to someone who was really wanting help.)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 01:51:28 PM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
Adios
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2007, 01:23:09 PM »
my my my my  my momma said fooseball is the debil
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
Adios
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2007, 01:31:08 PM »
Lute, you come off as condescending and have done such more than once.  Understand something about why I play AHII at all.  I LOVE tanks.  I dig em.  I like online combat in large numbers.  AHII offers both.  I am learning how to fly better thanks to my squad, but please keep in mind that I am just not overly interested in becoming the best dogfighter at this time, mainly I like to hunt bombers and GVs when I am flying.  Not everyone who plays has the same strong suits or interests.  (I fly and tank with a mouse)

My style of play does not have to live up to what you or anyone else wants.  I like everyone else pays my $15 and we all play any dang way we want too.  I admit I get heated on 200 and take the game too seriously sometimes as do many other players too.  I try to keep in mind that this is a game and I quickly return to what is fun for me, blasting aircraft on the runway! :p

Time changes all things, perhaps in time I'll focus on dogfighting as I do with tanks and bombing things, but until then.....

Also in case you have read comprehension issues, I was not asking for help.  I had something to say, you all had comments, some good, some not.
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Adios
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2007, 01:41:31 PM »
So Lute offered to help you and you decide he's condescending?

Brilliant! You're an asset to the game.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
Adios
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2007, 01:47:05 PM »
Originally posted by WMLute
... This was a "pay attention to me" thread from an attention potato as opposed to someone who was really wanting help.

Despite the warps and jumps, guns that fire only boiled peas when the enemy can kill you with one ping, enemy aircraft magically appearing out of clear sky less then 3k away and heading straight for you, and a host of other annoyances for us dial-up users, the only thing that makes me really want to quite is when I see someone with “Aces High CM Staff” under their name calling another member an “attention potato.”  

I wonder why HT has such contempt for the community.

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
Adios
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2007, 01:54:11 PM »
Ah, Olds is alright, just frustrated. I'm sure there is some psychological curve that equates to the game. As a matter of fact, some bright psych major could probably do a heck of a thesis paper on the community.

Olds, you are at the "castrati" stage of the game, you'll keep climbing the ladder.

No offense meant, either.

Good Luck

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Adios
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2007, 01:55:02 PM »
Originally posted by MachNix
Despite the warps and jumps, guns that fire only boiled peas when the enemy can kill you with one ping, enemy aircraft magically appearing out of clear sky less then 3k away and heading straight for you, and a host of other annoyances for us dial-up users, the only thing that makes me really want to quite is when I see someone with “Aces High CM Staff” under their name calling another member an “attention potato.”  

I wonder why HT has such contempt for the community.

Call 'em like I see 'em.  Here, lemme go edit it.

There... ya' happy now?

And FYI there is nothing wrong with calling an obvious attention potato what they are.  Granted, I ALMOST re-worded it in my original post 'cause I do try so hard to not cross the line here, so my apolgies if anyone was offended by my outing of an obvious Atten.... errrr.... "someone needing attention".

And just 'cause I'm a CM doesn't mean I can't give my opinion.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
Adios
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2007, 02:15:19 PM »
I can't be a ssed to read this all .

Take a nice break and come back and have some more fun . To much of a good thing is NOT FUN OR GOOD FOR ANYONE >

cu
spro
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
Re: Adios?
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2007, 02:17:11 PM »
Originally posted by AAolds
Im tired of paying money to put up with crap like uncapturable bases, ENY, , and the same  maps all the time.  

i agree, is not fun anymore

Offline BBBB

• Nickel Member
Adios
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2007, 02:31:11 PM »
He posted looking for pitty from fellow AHers.

-Sp0t
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 02:39:47 PM by BBBB »

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
Adios
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2007, 02:49:17 PM »
Sorry.

Do not play this game in the MA with a dial up.
It is not worth your pain and suffering,the loss of 15 bucks.
and  having 8/12+ guys wounder why this "enemy" plane is warping all over the place.

Goto the h2h and you will have fun.

You just cant have that many objects to track and such,odd stuff will start happening.
I was using ah1 on dial up..bad bad.
then again i was on a indian reservation where the dial up was like 1/2 of even 4.5k "shivers"
Dont do it.
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline BiGBMAW

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Adios
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2007, 03:22:52 PM »
dial up is fine..i played for many years on it..

whats not fien is..thsi

FLYING WITH A MOUSE!!!!!!!!!!

no wonder you suck and or hate flying fiters..

GET A STICK

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
Adios
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2007, 03:27:44 PM »
Tinman, I have a great squad that is teaching me about flying.  They also accept me as TANKER 1st and arent trying to change my style or belittle it.  My style of play will progress over time and experience.  

I love the pic with kitty n the dar dish, poor thing.:rofl

FYI, I plan to get a joystick in time, but my money does not grow on a tree.  I think I do pretty well with a mouse.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 03:29:50 PM by AAolds »
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Adios
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2007, 04:15:32 PM »
Originally posted by BaDkaRmA158Th
Sorry.

Do not play this game in the MA with a dial up.
It is not worth your pain and suffering,the loss of 15 bucks.
and  having 8/12+ guys wounder why this "enemy" plane is warping all over the place.

Goto the h2h and you will have fun.

You just cant have that many objects to track and such,odd stuff will start happening.
I was using ah1 on dial up..bad bad.
then again i was on a indian reservation where the dial up was like 1/2 of even 4.5k "shivers"
Dont do it.

Ive been playing this game since' 99 on dialup---with 200ish ping, runs fine, provided it's steady
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/