Author Topic: Adios?  (Read 4600 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Adios
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2007, 04:32:43 PM »
Originally posted by AAolds
Lute, you come off as condescending and have done such more than once.  Understand something about why I play AHII at all.  I LOVE tanks.  I dig em.  I like online combat in large numbers.  AHII offers both.  I am learning how to fly better thanks to my squad, but please keep in mind that I am just not overly interested in becoming the best dogfighter at this time, mainly I like to hunt bombers and GVs when I am flying.  Not everyone who plays has the same strong suits or interests.  (I fly and tank with a mouse)

My style of play does not have to live up to what you or anyone else wants.  I like everyone else pays my $15 and we all play any dang way we want too.  I admit I get heated on 200 and take the game too seriously sometimes as do many other players too.  I try to keep in mind that this is a game and I quickly return to what is fun for me, blasting aircraft on the runway! :p

Time changes all things, perhaps in time I'll focus on dogfighting as I do with tanks and bombing things, but until then.....

Also in case you have read comprehension issues, I was not asking for help.  I had something to say, you all had comments, some good, some not.

WMLute is one of the pillars of this community AAolds.   He's "old school", he (like myself) isn't impressed when someone lands 100 kills in a Tiger, etc.    He is NOT condesending, he is a great guy who I have grown to laugh at at 200 as Knight.   His squad came over to Rooks for a few months and I winged with these guys (JGIII/26) every chance I got.   They are a riot to fly with and be bait for.  

You have always had some sort of chip on your shoulder ever since you started AAolds.   I never made fun of you, I only acted in reaction when we've gone at it.   You need to just simmer down, relax, take a break and think about what you can do to be nicer to people.  

Now olds, you and I have had enough to say to each other, but I'll leave you with this simple sentence.   If you DIDN'T want Lute replying the way he did, you should never have posted.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 04:36:06 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline OddCAF

• Zinc Member
      • http://cactusairforce.org/
Adios
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2007, 05:13:45 PM »
Originally posted by pluck

again, why people feel the need to let everyone else know how much they dislike the game when they could just email HT and take their money elseware i will never know.  

How gallant of you to condescend sufficiently low as to insinuate yourself into this thread merely to toss a bit of straw into a fire. What -I- find perplexing is why folks like yourself somehow put on a "Forum Sherrif" badge and try to legislate to the rest of us just what is and what is not "proper" to post in a public forum.

Oddball

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Adios
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2007, 06:35:58 PM »
Tinman, I have a great squad that is teaching me about flying.  They also accept me as TANKER 1st and arent trying to change my style or belittle it.  My style of play will progress over time and experience.  

I know your squad, in fact I trained your C.O. untill he got too big for his britches. I'm gald they accept you, I hear they accept anyone and yes, you are a tanker but I'm suprised you know Cockney Rhyming Slang.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
Adios
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2007, 07:34:56 PM »
Masherbrum,

I think some of the posters are not really readin what Ive had to say all along.  I have not downed on anyone elses style of play.  My first post made no complaint relating to tactics at all, but was focused on technical aspects, things I have no influence over other than to voice my like or dislike.  The other posts from myself and others have veered into something else entirely.   I do have a chip on my shoulder, many good fighters do.  You can find plenty that I've winged up with that can attest to my not being such a bad guy as just as you can find those who think im the devil.  I can't control others and would not waste the energy to do such if I could. Lute can reply however he so chooses.  My responses were honest and natural.

Tinman, whether you did or did not train my CO is of no concern to me.  There are two at least sides to every story if more than 1 person involved.  Yes AA's will give most anyone a chance, why not, diamonds don't show up all polished and ready to go.  Fun is the bottomline with the AA squad.
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
Adios
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2007, 07:55:42 PM »
Originally posted by VansCrew1
olds ill miss shooting you down, :cry

~VansCrew~

Talking thing again!:furious

AAolds, chill dude, theres always american idol, survivor, aprentice or anything on the chick movie channel, im sure you'll find plenty to do.:aok
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
Adios
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2007, 08:05:22 PM »
Originally posted by yanksfan
Talking thing again!:furious

AAolds, chill dude, theres always american idol, survivor, aprentice or anything on the chick movie channel, im sure you'll find plenty to do.:aok

Dude, please read more, you've missed so much.  
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
Adios
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2007, 08:07:06 PM »
Dude, please read more, you've missed so much.  

Just bustin on ya olds, no harm ment, i know the feeling well. "S",:aok
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline -CodyC

• Copper Member
Adios
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2007, 08:44:39 PM »
I must have made an impact on you to get such a reaction, means im doing my job well.  

Im surprised noone has put a pic up of Donald Trump saying, "You're Fired."  Anyone want to indulge :)

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
Adios
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2007, 09:41:10 PM »
Originally posted by OddCAF
How gallant of you to condescend sufficiently low as to insinuate yourself into this thread merely to toss a bit of straw into a fire. What -I- find perplexing is why folks like yourself somehow put on a "Forum Sherrif" badge and try to legislate to the rest of us just what is and what is not "proper" to post in a public forum.

Oddball

while appreciate you coming to defense of a friend, i was merely pointing out that i don't understand what the poster hopes to accomplish with this thread.  from the opening it sounds as though he is threatening to quit because the game isn't the way he think it should be.  while i see nothing wrong with this opinion, trying to come to the bbs and posting this way, seems to send the wrong the message. Is he trying to persuade others to join is cause and revolt against HT?  Maybe thinking if he makes a big stink on the BB that HT will think it's bad for buisness and make the changes requested?  I don't know what the intent is, but when you post in certain ways it leads to little discussion and mostly name calling.....hence one would think that there is a better way present an idea with out resorting to threats.

That said, maybe i have it all wrong.  Maybe he was just having a bad night.  I don't know, I don't really care, i just didn't see how it leads to discussion.  It just leads to name calling.... your right though, i should just have walked by this one.
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
Adios
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2007, 11:01:42 PM »
I understand how you feel Olds.  Hard to understand how making you fly TBMs and SBDs against Tiffys and Nikis makes the game fair.   But it is HTC's game and they can do whatever they want.

I'm pre-paid so I will be hanging on for a while anyway.  But I wish you well and enjoyed the times we flew together.

take care

Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Adios
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2007, 07:37:26 AM »
Originally posted by BBBB
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Adios
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2007, 07:40:56 AM »
Originally posted by badhorse
I understand how you feel Olds.  Hard to understand how making you fly TBMs and SBDs against Tiffys and Nikis makes the game fair.   But it is HTC's game and they can do whatever they want.

This is a game first and foremost. Games are suppose to be fair.
So when horde monkeys have better odds they get high eny AC.

So whats a more fair fight for your average player?

3 LA7 vs 1 spit XVI

or

3 P47d11 vs 1 spit XVI

Your average MA player stands a better chance against the second scenario.

So if you don't like eny you have some choices.

1. jump to the low number side.
2. change arena
3. fly high eny ac
4. go to the bbs and whine

Sadly you and aaolds have chosen 4.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline -VM-

• Zinc Member
Adios
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2007, 08:42:42 AM »
He's on his heels. Put him away.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Adios
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2007, 09:16:44 AM »
The eny system is excellent! :)

I just wish it was implemented in real life so bar fights would be more fair!

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Adios
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2007, 11:10:02 AM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl I get pissed and quit everyday. And the only time I see you on is in unpopulated arenas sneaking undefended bases. Maybe you can drive a milk truck in your spare time now. Good luck in your new career:cry
Lighten up Francis