Author Topic: Why I'll never own a Pit Bull  (Read 3843 times)

Offline Sting138

• Copper Member
Why I'll never own a Pit Bull
« Reply #150 on: May 04, 2007, 02:58:39 PM »
Originally posted by myelo
He had to take a picture so he could come here and post about it, which as everyone knows is Step 1 in any potential emergency.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline -CodyC

• Copper Member
« Reply #151 on: May 04, 2007, 03:18:06 PM »
Originally posted by Sting138
So you stand there and let 2 dogs attack your child while you snap photo's?

Thats great parenting!
:rolleyes:

I took this the wrong way as well at first, but i believe he is being sarcastic here guys.  Note how he names exactly the breed his dogs are.  Also notice that the black dog is chasing the brown one and the brown one is jumping up to get the stick :)  Finally notice the smile on the kids face and the sarcastic tone of the "I didn' thave any of my guns nearby so i took a picture." Hehehe beautiful dogs btw.  Love the brown one, is that the bull terrier?

Offline Vuokko

• Gold Member
« Reply #152 on: May 04, 2007, 03:21:32 PM »
Originally posted by Sting138
So you stand there and let 2 dogs attack your child while you snap photo's?

Thats great parenting!
:rolleyes:

That is great evidence in the court!!!
Lentotaitoahan minulla ei koskaan ole ollut - vaan eipä sitä taida AH'n kaltasissa airquakeissa paljoa tarvitakaan. On toi reaktionopeus ollu aina aika heikko.

Offline Vuokko

• Gold Member
« Reply #153 on: May 04, 2007, 03:23:33 PM »
Originally posted by -CodyC
I took this the wrong way as well at first, but i believe he is being sarcastic here guys.  Note how he names exactly the breed his dogs are.  Also notice that the black dog is chasing the brown one and the brown one is jumping up to get the stick :)  Finally notice the smile on the kids face and the sarcastic tone of the "I didn' thave any of my guns nearby so i took a picture." Hehehe beautiful dogs btw.  Love the brown one, is that the bull terrier?

You got it Cody.:)

And thanks, brown one is American staffordshire.

Actually couldn't think that nobody would believe my text / picture, but how wrong was I.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 03:26:23 PM by Vuokko »
Lentotaitoahan minulla ei koskaan ole ollut - vaan eipä sitä taida AH'n kaltasissa airquakeissa paljoa tarvitakaan. On toi reaktionopeus ollu aina aika heikko.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #154 on: May 04, 2007, 03:55:03 PM »
Having these dogs is like giving a gun to a young child with a bad temper.  Sure, all kids can have temper tantrums and could even hurt someone but it would be pretty stupid to give someone who is immature, ill tempered and unable to understand the seriousness of killing or maiming that very ability.  Any animal that is the least bit likely to kill a person should either be in the wild or in a cage.  I really don’t care if people’s pets kill them; I just don’t want their stupid choices to put others at risk.

Anyone mind if I make some anthrax in my backyard?  I’ll be safe, really, I will.

Offline Cougar68

• Nickel Member
« Reply #155 on: May 04, 2007, 04:24:47 PM »
Yes any breed of dog can be a killer and they're all predators to an extent, but we're talking about purpose bred domestic dogs.  These dogs, herders included, have been selectively bred for generations to produce certain traits.  Fighting dogs produce, ummmmmm...  fighters?  Certainly with proper training and discipline (just love it when people brag about whipping their animals to put them in their place:rolleyes: ) these traits, be it herding or fighting, can be lessened.  But they are still there.

Let me run with eskimo's gun analogy for a minute.  A pit bull is more than a gun.  It's a gun that's capable of unholstering itself and firing at random.  Maybe it only happens to one out of 1,000 dogs.  But if 1 out of 1,000 Colt revolvers picked out a target at random and shot would you keep one in your house?

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #156 on: May 04, 2007, 04:34:09 PM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
Any animal that is the least bit likely to kill a person should either be in the wild or in a cage.  

Like horses? How about cattle? I had had a parrot try to bite my damn finger off once, what about them?

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #157 on: May 04, 2007, 04:44:56 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27
Like horses? How about cattle? I had had a parrot try to bite my damn finger off once, what about them?

Good point; I'll add farm to "wild or in a cage".

Glad you survived the parrot attack; those things can tear your head off in half a second.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #158 on: May 04, 2007, 04:48:32 PM »
The fact remains that some breeds are more likely to bite humans than others.

While that is true, it is also a direct reflection of the animals lack of training by it's owner.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #159 on: May 04, 2007, 04:52:24 PM »
Fighting dogs produce, ummmmmm... fighters?

Not all pit bulls have been bred for fighting.

Let's go with the gun analogy again. Some gun owners are responsible, some aren't. Same applies to dog owners. ;)
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline -CodyC

• Copper Member
« Reply #160 on: May 04, 2007, 05:03:09 PM »
Originally posted by Cougar68
(just love it when people brag about whipping their animals to put them in their place:rolleyes: )

Yes I was bragging because i need that kind of reassurance in my life to know at least i can kick my dogs butt.  Give me a break cougar, dogs are like kids, they know they've done something wrong when you spank them.  I know i did when my dad grabbed his belt.  Even after it was over i knew he still loved me, it's the same with dogs.

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #161 on: May 04, 2007, 05:07:17 PM »
Yes any breed of dog can be a killer and they're all predators to an extent, but we're talking about purpose bred domestic dogs. These dogs, herders included, have been selectively bred for generations to produce certain traits. Fighting dogs produce, ummmmmm... fighters? Certainly with proper training and discipline (just love it when people brag about whipping their animals to put them in their place ) these traits, be it herding or fighting, can be lessened. But they are still there.
Here Cougar and I agree 110% except for the fighters part.  The dogs still need to be trained to fight effectively.  This why you should never offer puppies for FREE, because those are the target dogs that are most used for 'training' fighting dogs ilegally.

Let me run with eskimo's gun analogy for a minute. A pit bull is more than a gun. It's a gun that's capable of unholstering itself and firing at random. Maybe it only happens to one out of 1,000 dogs. But if 1 out of 1,000 Colt revolvers picked out a target at random and shot would you keep one in your house?
Can we all at least agree that certain people should never own even a toy dog, or gun, and get on with life?

Originally posted by Vuokko
Not pit bulls, but was just in time to took photo when American Staffordshire Terrier and Staffordshire Bull Terrier were attacking my son!!!

:rofl :rofl :rofl
FOCLMGBO!  Yeah that kid looks so terrified he's laughing.  Tan Pit/Terrier is leaping for the stick.  Black Pit/Terrier is looking at the leaper, preparing to defend the kid...

All three are playing together.

Nice pic, fella. :aok

Here are two of my vicious backyard Wolves.  Can't you just feel the fear and anger these dogs are pouring fourth as my 3 and 5 year old grandkids play 5 feet away?

The one on the right is the 9 year old Springer mix, the other is Mudnose Molly, the Chow-Lab-? mix who's mom was rescued from Katrina at 1.5 years.  Pictures have a disturbing way of being open to impression without having the full story.

BTW - both dogs were playing around.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 05:46:14 PM by Odee »
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #162 on: May 04, 2007, 05:31:38 PM »
Originally posted by Elfie
Not all pit bulls have been bred for fighting.

Let's go with the gun analogy again. Some gun owners are responsible, some aren't. Same applies to dog owners. ;)

Do you mean trained, or bred?

Some anthrax owners are responsible, some aren’t.  Stop the ban on anthrax!

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #163 on: May 04, 2007, 05:34:59 PM »
Guns don't jump the fence and chase kids on bicycles.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #164 on: May 04, 2007, 06:00:33 PM »
after reading all these postings i have concluded that all the labrador and beagle owners must be really good owners who train their dogs very well.

whats wrong with the rest of the "dog lovers"?