Author Topic: Republican Debate last night  (Read 2313 times)

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Republican Debate last night
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2007, 12:16:08 PM »
mushroom clouds are so last century, with todays cruise missiles, smart bombs and unmanned aircraft the enemy can be selectively picked apart.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2007, 12:23:28 PM »
years ago it may have been about us poking our noses around the ME in the name of oil and control but now I think they just want us and our way of life dead - oil or not
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2007, 12:24:59 PM »
Realistically speaking, it's just a matter of years before drone technology reaches the point where a country can deploy a swarm of flying robots that can use selective logic to identify and, where necessary, immobilize targets on a scale that our current technology can't even touch.

A hundred thousand drones the size of a frisbee drifting through a city.  People shoot at them or throw rocks?  No problem, it's just a drone.  Of course, 20-30 other drones might drop in to check out if it's a real threat or just some kid.  Then they keep going and searching.

When they find an insurgent, they can tag 'em with a radio beacon or just follow him, with a big arrow blinking on his position back at the command bunker.  Maybe the drones call in a tazerbot and coordinate with the local cleanup squad (who collects the unconscious soldier until they can figure out what to do with him/her) without walking into a firefight.  Maybe the person is a known baddy and a JDAM, Tomahawk, or mortar round comes down with pin point precision (care of terminal guidance from our watching close-quarters frisbee drones).

This is the future, unfortunately, it's a two sided sword.  It would work equally as well in Iraq and Kansas.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2007, 12:26:31 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
years ago it may have been about us poking our noses around the ME in the name of oil and control but now I think they just want us and our way of life dead - oil or not
Yes, because THEY HATE OUR FREEdOMS!  I've read the bumperstickers, and I've heard the stump speeches.

Assigning human motivations to folks we're trying to kill sure is uncomfortable, it's best to stick to the boilerplates.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2007, 12:37:53 PM »
I watched this "crap" its so bull@hit, if you people really believe what most of those nominees are saying then there is no hope.

the war was started because of the tower "Attacks",  what if, they were not done by the people who our government says did it?????????

all I'm saying is don't automatically believe what our "leaders" are saying
  use the tools GOD has given you, common sense, and now with the Internet you can find anything but, what you read someone saying is only that persons opinion, look at footage of the towers falling, not just the towers but "building #7" witch was admittedly "pulled" " due to fire damage" it fell 4 hours after the towers fell,  they had enough time to place all the explosives to drop a building of that size? that was burning out of control?    it takes weeks to plan a demolishion of  a building,  i wonder how long they were planning the towers?
 besides that, do you really believe 911 is a good day to terrorize us? a # that every peson in this contry knows? 9/11 a perfect new "pearl harbor"

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2007, 12:42:32 PM »
What a perfect time to point this out:

Rasmussen Reports, the public opinion outfit, recently asked voters whether President Bush knew about the 9/11 attacks beforehand. The findings? Well, here's how the research firm put it: "Democrats in America are evenly divided on the question of whether George W. Bush knew about the 9/11 terrorist attacks in advance. Thirty-five percent of Democrats believe he did know, 39% say he did not know and 26% are not sure."

So, 1 in 3 Democrats believe that Bush was in on it somehow, and a majority of Democrats either believe that Bush knew about the attacks in advance or can't quite make up their minds.

Cod help us all.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2007, 12:45:01 PM »
Ink, step away from the computer.  Those cathode rays are doing bad things to your brain.  BTW, you're in good company, Rosie O'Donnell (the bastion of "common sense") believes as you do, so...  (golf clap)

:D

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2007, 12:46:58 PM »
Originally posted by Chairboy
Ink, step away from the computer.  Those cathode rays are doing bad things to your brain.  BTW, you're in good company, Rosie O'Donnell (the bastion of "common sense") believes as you do, so...  (golf clap)

:D

open those eyes of yours  

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
Re: Republican Debate last night
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2007, 12:53:42 PM »
Originally posted by Sabre
Favorite line: Congress has "spent money like John Edwards at a beauty shop..." Gov. Mike Huckabee.

I like how he linked republican spending to the dems, that's rich, and typical
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2007, 12:54:29 PM »
Originally posted by Chairboy
At the cost of our collective soul, perhaps.  Today's Germany still feels the aftereffects of the Holocaust, I'm not sure the USA would be able to avoid the same or worse.

It would be VERY hard to find anyone from this country that regreted dropping the A-bombs on Japan. Why? Because we were attacked by them.

I doubt you would find any who would regret nuking the ME if they used one on us.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
Re: Re: Republican Debate last night
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2007, 12:56:57 PM »
Originally posted by Sixpence
I like how he linked republican spending to the dems, that's rich, and typical

The Dems also like to spend our money.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2007, 12:57:16 PM »
Who was the guy that used to be on the BBS that posted reams of electronic ink on how the WTC was blown up by the government? Seems like his handle started with a K.

You're not a shade of that guy are you ink?

I'm sorry I just have to post this. Enjoy the read, because it highlights the flaws in your reasoning. Unless you don't want to read anything that challenges your reasoning?

Just how crazy are the Dems?

We don't know what kind of motive respondents had in mind for Bush, but the most common version has Bush craftily enabling a terror attack as a way to whip up support for his foreign policy without too many questions.

The problem with rebutting this sort of allegation is that there are too many reasons why it's so stupid. It's like trying to explain to a 4-year-old why Superman isn't real. You can spend all day talking about how kryptonite just wouldn't work that way. Or you can just say, "It's make-believe."

Similarly, why try to explain that it's implausible that Bush was evil enough to let this happen — and clever enough to get away with it — yet incapable either morally or intellectually of doing it again? After all, if he's such a villainous super-genius to have paved the way for 9/11 without getting caught, why stop there? Democrats constantly insinuate that Bush plays politics with terror warnings on the assumption that the higher the terror level, the more support Bush has. Well, a couple of more 9/11s and Dick Cheney will finally be able to get that shiny Bill of Rights shredder he always wanted.

And, if Bush — who Democrats insist is a moron — is clever enough to greenlight one 9/11, why is Iraq such a blunder? Surely a James Bond villain like Bush would just plant some WMD?

No, the right response to the Rosie O'Donnell wing of the Democratic Party is "It's just make-believe." But if they really believe it, then liberals must stop calling themselves the "reality-based" party and stop objecting to the suggestion that they have a problem with being called anti-American. Because when 61% of Democrats polled consider it plausible or certain that the U.S. government would let this happen, well, "blame America first" doesn't really begin to cover it, does it?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
Re: Re: Re: Republican Debate last night
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2007, 12:59:13 PM »
Originally posted by Tango
The Dems also like to spend our money.

But the spending he is talking about was under republican watch
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2007, 12:59:21 PM »
Originally posted by Tango
It would be VERY hard to find anyone from this country that regreted dropping the A-bombs on Japan. Why? Because we were attacked by them.

Just look for the Americans exiting the Peace Museum at Hiroshima. They're easy to find.
sand

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2007, 01:04:56 PM »
Probably the same emotion as the Japanese exiting the USS Arizona memorial at Pearl.