Author Topic: ARGH I HATE CH Products (all fo them!)  (Read 7123 times)

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
ARGH I HATE CH Products (all fo them!)
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2007, 09:18:46 PM »
I had the same problem. CH will tell you to calibrate using their software because it is "more accurate," whatever that means. It is necessary for MS FSX, though. I don't know why that is.

A second set worked fine calibrating in AH, of course the toe brakes on them went south in the standard two weeks. I had to trick the distributor into getting a replacement set, though.

I suppose we all have different impressions of CH based on our own experience. I've been through two pedals, 2 throttles and on my 3rd stick - and none of them work properly, even now.

CH does have an image of providing good customer service in the US. If I buy another set, I'll probably end up with yours after you've sent them back. :D

It appears to me that all those returned products get boxed up and shipped overseas, as is, since the warranty is shorter and it's cheaper to buy a new controller than to ship them back for warranty work.

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2007, 01:31:47 AM »
Originally posted by Citabria
and they are all hookedup to the motherboard usb ports

I had the same issues with a fighterstick , i tried a powered usb hub , and different usb /pci add in card , nothing worked . I bought a MSPP2 off ebay .

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2007, 01:39:36 AM »
I would be very annoyed if I found out that a product I bought 'new' was a return from another country.

As a matter of fact, I'd go a on crusade against the company and boicott them.

Surely that's against the law?

If a product is sold as 'new' it should be in brand new condition... not a re-package return...?
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2007, 04:42:38 AM »
using new USB versions of pedals and fighterstick with an x45 throttle.

can anyone give me some Aces High Deviation numbers? I tend to see from 31900 to 32500 ie a 300-600 point fluctuation. is this what you see on the analog readout for X or Y axis ack ack?

I would just like to be sure they aren't all this bad before I send it back and get back the same lousy fluctuations in a nother new stick.

I've 0 (zero) for X and Y, try to plug your stick on a powered hub.

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2007, 09:59:47 AM »
Fester, I see you posted on ch-hanger, which was going to be my suggestion.  

Similiar issues have been reportedly fixed with a power supply replacement in the past.  (Supposedly, the computer power supply is defective or at or near max draw, which causes power fluctuations to the USB ports which in turn power the CH devices.  This flakey power causes the pot readings to fluctuate as well, as they are essentially voltage dividers - and if you divide a fluctuating value you get a fluctuating result.)

Frankly though, I'd give worlds to have my Logitech Wingman Force back.  It was truly the most realistic stick I've ever owned, although even then Logitech had begun to implement the 1/2 gymal design that made their newer sticks utter garbage.

As much as I loved my MSFF stick with the Simped pedal mod (not the one Simpeds sold, but my own) , having the hat switches go every six months just got to be too much to deal with.

I swear to *** someday I'm going to sit down with the power saw, drill press and and lathe and build one that's meant to last a life time.  In the meantime, the CH stuff seems to be the best of what's available.  Not that mine have been trouble free, either.

EDIT -> PS. Mine (once I performed the fixups I described on CH-Hanger) are perfectly stable in both the Control manager, and in AH.   In Control Manager, full deflection is 0 and 255 on all axis, and center is exactly 127.

In AH, full deflection is 0 or 255 at one end and  65535 at the other on all Axys, and center is 32767.  

I do use Control Manager and map all 3 devices into 1 control, so that I can still use it as a single device for those games that support only one, not that I play them any more (WB 2.77, Mechwarrier).  

« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 10:06:15 AM by Ghastly »
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2007, 10:11:03 AM »
Mine are rock solid too. Not sure of the numbers, as I'm at work right now, if I remember I'll check when I get home. Only time I had trouble with my CH stuff was when I was using old analog stuff. When I switched MBs the new one didn't supply enough voltage through the DIN plug the keyboard,stick and throttle "keyboard emulation" ran through.

Bought new USB stuff (used old analog pedals for 6 months to save up some money for them) run them all through a powered Belkin USB hub. Solid as a rock.

Offline Zippy41

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2007, 10:13:35 AM »
Originally posted by wooly15
I have to calibrate my x45 every time  I start the game. Then I have to go back and do my x-axis individually. Its all over the place if I don't.

Only starting to have that problem. it seems you broke your stick in quicker than i did or you just broke it?

:lol

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2007, 10:25:57 AM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
you do what i did and buy a $30 saitek and cry yourself to sleep at nights.

worst part is my 9yo sidewinder 3D pro still works fine but i dont have a gameport soundcard.

I used to have a saitek 3d cyborg or what ever they call it, back when I played Mech Warriors 2 I think it was.

Man I ended up breaking the trigger and the throttle because there was no reinforcement to them so they both snapped. I hope my sidewinder nevers dies I'll :cry if I have to use a saiteck again.
"strafing"

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2007, 11:42:22 AM »
The other limitation with the 3D pro is that that it only has a 4 way hat, unless you use the MS software which (at least used to ) suck raw sewage in a big way, because you couldn't use it with rudder pedals (as a single device).

But I've never had another stick that was even remotely as precise as the all-optical 3D pro.

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2007, 11:55:36 AM »
this was the best stick ever made

I have one taking up space in my drawer. It's OK but no separate throttle.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2007, 02:57:52 PM »
I get a couple or three hundred of variation on my X and Y axis, about 100 on rudder but this info is probably not the best to rely on. My equipment is very old analog stuff going into a gameport driver. I did replaced the rudder pot about a year back and have two spares which will be going into the stick soon. If you do open it up, check the connector crimps and make sure they are tight and the wire paths are secure so they don't meander around. Common sense stuff there.

All in all Citibria I suppose you can disregard my post and results. For a few minutes I just wanted to hear the clickity sound my keyboard makes when I type.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline MichaelCHProd

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.chproducts.com/retail/tech_support.html
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2007, 02:58:55 PM »
Originally posted by Rolex
CH does have an image of providing good customer service in the US. If I buy another set, I'll probably end up with yours after you've sent them back. :D

It appears to me that all those returned products get boxed up and shipped overseas, as is, since the warranty is shorter and it's cheaper to buy a new controller than to ship them back for warranty work.

ahhhh the Internet... where everyone gets a chance to slander with no repercussions.

The ONLY thing that ever leaves this factory is NEW product.  If it is defective then it comes back here and the offending piece(s) are thrown away.  They never go back out to end users.  End of story.

Fester/Citbaria your answer is waiting for you at the Hangar.  Here is the link... http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4630

Offline CFYA

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2007, 03:05:35 PM »
BUSTED!!!:D

Offline HomeBoy

• Nickel Member
      • HomeBoy's Inventions
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2007, 03:10:48 PM »
Originally posted by DamnedRen
Are you telling us the CH stuff is for sale?

How much ya wanting. seein as how bad they are?????

Thanks

Ren
The Damned

I notice that after two pages of some of the most uninformed nonsense I've read on these boards in a while that he hasn't taken you up on your offer.

Hmmm, maybe CH is not such crap after all.  :o
The Hay Street Boys

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2007, 03:44:43 PM »
Originally posted by MichaelCHProd
ahhhh the Internet... where everyone gets a chance to slander with no repercussions.

The ONLY thing that ever leaves this factory is NEW product.  If it is defective then it comes back here and the offending piece(s) are thrown away.  They never go back out to end users.  End of story.

Fester/Citbaria your answer is waiting for you at the Hangar.  Here is the link... http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4630

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA CLAAAAAAASSSSSSIC!

SRSLY, that's awesome customer service. Chasing down a custoner to explain something to them.

I'ma get me some CH stuff.  As soon as I rob a bank.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 03:47:21 PM by scottydawg »