Author Topic: Das Muppets  (Read 4896 times)

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Das Muppets
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2007, 11:36:26 AM »
Originally posted by VansCrew1
rank what rank i dont play for rank :rolleyes: :rolleyes:.

ill keep that offer in mind thow,if SkyRocks not around to help me in the DA with ACM's ill look you up.thanks.

VansCrew

well, usually when someone has #1 rank overall, they're trying quite hard for it...

sorry if that's a dumb call.

i'll look for you sometime. i do enjoy fighting you. you have stuff to learn, but you're good enough to put up a fun fight :)

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Das Muppets
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2007, 11:46:02 AM »

VansCrew

So, thats why you were PMing to let you do you know what. And your rank is 1. :aok Gotcha.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline 64kills

• Nickel Member
Das Muppets
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2007, 11:49:24 AM »

ill keep that offer in mind thow,if SkyRocks not around to help me in the DA with ACM's ill look you up.thanks.

VansCrew

all i know is he likes goats

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
Das Muppets
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2007, 12:03:24 PM »
Originally posted by Major Biggles
#1 rank overall, they're trying quite hard for it..

not really,the first two days yes,but only doing 1 or 2 runs a day works just as fine,aslong as you know what to work on :aok :aok :aok
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Das Muppets
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2007, 12:48:50 PM »
not really,the first two days yes,but only doing 1 or 2 runs a day works just as fine,aslong as you know what to work on :aok :aok :aok

see, you admit to trying to keep that rank ;)

rank doesn't mean squat, sooner you realise that, the better. once you start experimenting and getting down and dirty is where you start to have not only a lot of fun, but you really start learning. if you wanna get good, that's what you gotta do, stop caring about that silly little number, it doesn't do anything.

as long as your ego doesn't need that little number to tell yourself that you're good, then you're free to play and learn as you want. worry about your rank, you'll play timid, and you'll never learn squat.

instead of having that nice shiny number 1 telling you that you're 'the best', you can actually go out there and learn, and truly become the best player out there, not just some dweeb that exploits the game just to get that lil #1

i promise you rank means zero skillwise.

btw, one thing you personally need to work on is how you use your energy advantage. you usually come in with masses of alt and pick people off to get that high rank of yours. that's how i always kill you mate, i use your energy advantage to my advantage. it's so easy to make you overshoot , and then i drag your E down, or kill you with an instant reversal.

you can't learn everything in the DA. it's great for learning duelling techniques, specifically merges and throttle work, but in the MA you need to know how to use your energy. be smarter about the targets you pick, and don't be so hasty. try not to dive right in. you might also need to brush up on your energy tactics ACM's learn to pull a double immelman after you botch a BnZ attack. you usually go up, and i tempt you down, make you lose your E, then chew you up low speed, where you need far more practise.

serious suggestion, if you want to get better: forget about all ranks and stats for a tour or two, starting now. get down and dirty, film your fights, deliberately fight from a disadvantage. learn how to bleed another guy's E, how to reverse etc. do that for a tour or two, and you will know exactly how to counter these defensive moves when you go back to your BnZ stuff. that way you'll be even more assured of a good rank if you still really want to go for it, because you'll know how to counter the moves, and you'll have learned how to fight your way out of sticky situations, instead of running.

good luck man, seriously, look me up when you can and we can practise stuff in the TA (TA is so much better than the DA if you want to learn stuff). this is on the one condition that you STOP worrying about those silly numbers for a while!!! :D

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
Das Muppets
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2007, 12:55:34 PM »
see, you admit to trying to keep that rank ;)

rank doesn't mean squat, sooner you realise that, the better. once you start experimenting and getting down and dirty is where you start to have not only a lot of fun, but you really start learning. if you wanna get good, that's what you gotta do, stop caring about that silly little number, it doesn't do anything.

as long as your ego doesn't need that little number to tell yourself that you're good, then you're free to play and learn as you want. worry about your rank, you'll play timid, and you'll never learn squat.

instead of having that nice shiny number 1 telling you that you're 'the best', you can actually go out there and learn, and truly become the best player out there, not just some dweeb that exploits the game just to get that lil #1

i promise you rank means zero skillwise.

btw, one thing you personally need to work on is how you use your energy advantage. you usually come in with masses of alt and pick people off to get that high rank of yours. that's how i always kill you mate, i use your energy advantage to my advantage. it's so easy to make you overshoot , and then i drag your E down, or kill you with an instant reversal.

you can't learn everything in the DA. it's great for learning duelling techniques, specifically merges and throttle work, but in the MA you need to know how to use your energy. be smarter about the targets you pick, and don't be so hasty. try not to dive right in. you might also need to brush up on your energy tactics ACM's learn to pull a double immelman after you botch a BnZ attack. you usually go up, and i tempt you down, make you lose your E, then chew you up low speed, where you need far more practise.

serious suggestion, if you want to get better: forget about all ranks and stats for a tour or two, starting now. get down and dirty, film your fights, deliberately fight from a disadvantage. learn how to bleed another guy's E, how to reverse etc. do that for a tour or two, and you will know exactly how to counter these defensive moves when you go back to your BnZ stuff. that way you'll be even more assured of a good rank if you still really want to go for it, because you'll know how to counter the moves, and you'll have learned how to fight your way out of sticky situations, instead of running.

good luck man, seriously, look me up when you can and we can practise stuff in the TA (TA is so much better than the DA if you want to learn stuff). this is on the one condition that you STOP worrying about those silly numbers for a while!!! :D

LOL,i dont want pacerr #1 thow,im keeping the #1 spot for shawk!
Tour 79

"The Ringer"

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Das Muppets
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2007, 01:09:36 PM »
lol pacerr, that guy makes me laugh. it just goes to show how little rank really means skillwise.

seriously, if you want to learn, worrying about your rank is the first thing that needs to go.

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
Das Muppets
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2007, 01:31:15 PM »
lol pacerr, that guy makes me laugh. it just goes to show how little rank really means skillwise.

seriously, if you want to learn, worrying about your rank is the first thing that needs to go.

i agree,but you and me have been in some good fights,at least i have SOME skill.

btw great 109K4 vs P51 fight 2days ago!
Tour 79

"The Ringer"

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Das Muppets
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2007, 01:48:11 PM »
yeah sure you do. and yes, that fight was a lot of fun. just don't feel good when you get that #1, it doesn't really mean much ;)

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Das Muppets
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2007, 07:07:23 PM »
I've yet to NOT shoot down the #1 ranked Cartoon Ace in the game.  

Rank means chit.   To even aspire to attain it by manipulating stats PROVES lack of self-worth.   Which is the most important aspect a human can have.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Das Muppets
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2007, 02:56:22 AM »
Steve. sorry steve, i don't really know you either, but you do come across as quite cocky at times. sorry if this is a bad call, i've hardly ever met you.

No offense taken but....

While i sometimes whine about the HO, I don't recall once talking about my skills as being anything but "OK", even here on the boards, so I'm not sure how I'm cocky. Having been around for several years i have many friends in the game, perhaps my banter with them is misunderstood.  Then again, maybe I'm cocky and just too cocky to see it.   :D

Additionally, I am assaulted each time I play the game by someone who tells me I'm a no skill (insert insult here).  These regular bashings lead me to believe that I have no skill whatsoever and it is entirely by luck that I manage the few kills I muster.

Today's entry was submitted by a teammate, Bipolar. He advised me that I am a no-skill picktard who left his former squad because I am a crybaby.
No matter that I left, completely without pomp or circumstance, because my former squad is largely peopled by selfish scorepotatos with whom I rarely,  flew.  Somehow, my silent and peaceful departure makes me a crybaby.

While I rarely respond, I did this time and offered to DA Bipolar(he really is, I believe) so he could measure my meager skills himself.
He responded that a pilot named elevenK DA'd me and beat me. When I told him I'd never DA'd elevenK, Bipolar said that it must have been Shawk.  When I told him that I never dueled Shawk(to my knowledge) he went off on another tirade of insults about how I lack skills in this game entirely.  
I allowed him to dodge my DA invite because I really didn't want to spend any time with such an unpleasant person.

My point is, that I am regularly subjected to these harsh reminders of just how awful I am at this game, so how could I possibly be cocky if I'm so bad?

:aok

Steve
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 03:00:18 AM by SteveBailey »

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Das Muppets
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2007, 06:43:38 AM »
:lol :lol :lol

bipolar sure can be a handful at times, especially when he's had a few joints. funny guy though, when he isn't being a rank dweeb or something stupid...

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
Das Muppets
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2007, 11:39:34 AM »
:lol :lol :lol

bipolar sure can be a handful at times, especially when he's had a few joints. funny guy though, when he isn't being a rank dweeb or something stupid...

agrees :aok :aok
Tour 79

"The Ringer"

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Das Muppets
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2007, 01:26:56 PM »
What happened to the 352nd Blue Nosers Vanscrew?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Das Muppets
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2007, 01:27:59 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
What happened to the 352nd Blue Nosers Vanscrew?

lol, i think they lasted a week or two...

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC