Author Topic: Ramming Bombers  (Read 1938 times)

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
Ramming Bombers
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2007, 03:16:51 PM »
Not sure how I missed that link on netaces, I've been there quite a few times.  Learn something new everyday.  Makes sense.  Stand corrected.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
Ramming Bombers
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2007, 03:22:23 PM »
Originally posted by Fulmar
Not sure how I missed that link on netaces, I've been there quite a few times.  Learn something new everyday.  Makes sense.  Stand corrected.
It's new :D

I need to put the "what's new" page back.
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Ramming Bombers
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2007, 03:22:50 PM »
Originally posted by Mr No Name
Lute, I have missed bombers visibly numerous times and got a collision message as well as having people ram me from my 6 and it said I collided.

You can insist it doesnt happen but you'll still be just as wrong.

got film?

and yes, people can fly in from your 6 and it says "you collided" - because there was a collision on YOUR FE. That message just states there is a collision, it does not "blame" anyone for it. Some people seem to mistake "You collided" with "You rammed"
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 03:26:08 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Ramming Bombers
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2007, 04:04:27 PM »
Lute, I have missed bombers visibly numerous times and got a collision message as well as having people ram me from my 6 and it said I collided.

You can insist it doesnt happen but you'll still be just as wrong.
I love these "I am right" posts that are just totally wrong.  You only collide if there is a collision on your FE.  It's really that simple.

Offline stockli

• Copper Member
Ramming Bombers
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2007, 06:00:17 PM »
I got nailed by a warping bomber just today.

Shot down the lead ship and the port ship warped straight right and into me.

Lost 6 kills from that warp.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Ramming Bombers
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2007, 06:03:31 PM »
Originally posted by stockli
I got nailed by a warping bomber just today.

Shot down the lead ship and the port ship warped straight right and into me.

Lost 6 kills from that warp.

Yep, the warping drones are annoying. I usually shoot them first before attacking the lead buff.

(BTW, you didn't lose any kills just because you died :p)

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Ramming Bombers
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2007, 06:31:11 PM »
if it got you this worked up i would do it TOO HEHEHEHEHEHE :rofl
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Ramming Bombers
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2007, 06:35:37 PM »
Sometimes when Im out of ammo and theres no one around to finnish them off I try to make them ram into me. I dont fly right into them, I fly all around them from about 600-200. Iv only brought one bomber down that way. Most other times they shoot me down.:D
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Ramming Bombers
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2007, 07:06:26 PM »
Originally posted by Larry
Sometimes when Im out of ammo and theres no one around to finnish them off I try to make them ram into me. I dont fly right into them, I fly all around them from about 600-200. Iv only brought one bomber down that way. Most other times they shoot me down.:D

thats cause you suck:D
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Ramming Bombers
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2007, 07:35:17 PM »
Originally posted by halcyon
GOD I can't stand this. :mad:
Yea I just got back from playing in the main arena and I'm steamed right now....how DUMB do you have to be to ram a bomber, I mean C'MON! :furious  :furious  :furious

Did you not see the billion tons of STEEL flying through the air at the speed of snail?! :O
I can't exactly turn out of the way to avoid your dweebiness you bimbos.

God!
ARgh!

Frick frick frick.
I'm going to bed now.

After I inject myself with a tranquilzer or something.

:furious

(this was a heat of the moment post...please excuse all of the above and for futher note I cannot be held accountable for what I wrote here due to temporary insanity....thank you)

gues i hafta wear the dolt tag too.......but i've not done it on purpose...i've done it in mis-judging their speed, ot in mis-judging the distance as i'm slicing through the formation and shooting......and i've even done it when flying a new plane.....i found out the hard way that a P40 gets REALLY mushy and hard to control at very hi speeds....i hit one of the JU's i was getting overly anxious to kill....then continued my dive right into the grass.....:rofl  a lawn-dart with sharks teeth!!
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline loser

• Silver Member
Ramming Bombers
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2007, 07:43:45 PM »
Originally posted by Larry

Wow, the man comes out and says he games the game. Mighty honest of you I guess.

I had this happen once and it ticked me right off. I was being chased down by a nik after bombing some enemy airfield. The niki made 3 or 4 really poor passes, didnt hit squat. He ran himself out of ammo. I was low on ammo too as i had already killed 3 enemy fighters that sortie.

So much to my suprise and horror, the nikki starts making these swooping passes up and down through my formation. I only had a few rounds left in the chin turret of my B17s and ended up hitting his engine oil and then he split off...got the kill on him actually but forget his name.

Point is the guy tried to get me to collide with him for a good 3 or 4 minutes. I know I can't establish his intent..but c'mon the guy went wiggling through my formation dozens of times, never firing a shot.

Lame.

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
Ramming Bombers
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2007, 08:02:07 PM »
Originally posted by Stang
I love these "I am right" posts that are just totally wrong.  You only collide if there is a collision on your FE.  It's really that simple.

How can I collide with someone who flies into my 6?  You may argue the point until your face turns blue but It does not change reality.
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline loser

• Silver Member
Ramming Bombers
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2007, 08:10:48 PM »
Because on their Front End (what they actually see) they didn't fly into your 6. Get it?

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
Ramming Bombers
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2007, 08:14:17 PM »
I get the concept of a FE seeing and not seeing something.  That does not make it correct.
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Ramming Bombers
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2007, 08:15:08 PM »
How can I collide with someone who flies into my 6?  You may argue the point until your face turns blue but It does not change reality.

Your plane touches his plane : collision. Very simple.

You have to acknowledge that this game has two realities: One on your computer and one on your enemies.

Read this: http://www.netaces.org/lag/lag.htm

So you have to live with the collision model as is because

- It works fine
- All other suggested "solutions" would make things worse. Far worse.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 08:17:32 PM by Lusche »