Author Topic: Ramming Bombers  (Read 1936 times)

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Ramming Bombers
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2007, 08:23:58 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
Your plane touches his plane : collision. Very simple.

You have to acknowledge that this game has two realities: One on your computer and one on your enemies.

Read this: http://www.netaces.org/lag/lag.htm

So you have to live with the collision model as is because

- It works fine
- All other suggested "solutions" would make things worse. Far worse.
Yup.  It would be far worse if it was coaded so if one guy collided both take damage.  Then you'd have one guy who on his FE clearly missed yet still had a collision.  

We have the best solution to the problem at present imho.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Ramming Bombers
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2007, 09:05:52 PM »
Originally posted by Mr No Name
How can I collide with someone who flies into my 6?  You may argue the point until your face turns blue but It does not change reality.

Not quite sure what you are not "getting" here.

You just said a plane flew into your plane.  Your planes "touched".  That's called a collision.  Be it 6, 12, above, below, on your Front End both planes collided.

Why does the fact that they flew into your 6 mean you shouldn't take damage?  Your plane hit their plane.  You SHOULD take damage.  That's how it SHOULD work.

Are you trying to say that if an nme plane fly's in to your plane, you should NOT take damage from it for some odd reason?  

Are you trying to say if it's not YOUR fault you were smacked into you shouldn't take damage from it?  

How can I collide with someone who flies into my 6? Please explain your thinking here.  You just said there was a collision, so why is it you feel you should NOT take damage from it?

(not gonna get into the whole "the nme that just flew into your plane didn't see it on their FE, it was a near miss, so they dont' take damage from it" part)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
Ramming Bombers
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2007, 09:17:33 PM »
In short, unless I can put the SOB in reverse, I should never get a "You have collided" message when the enemy plane is on my 6.  When 2 planes collide in the air, they both take damage we shouldnt have the crapshoot we have now.
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Ramming Bombers
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2007, 09:21:25 PM »
In short, unless I can put the SOB in reverse, I should never get a "You have collided" message when the enemy plane is on my 6.  When 2 planes collide in the air, they both take damage we shouldnt have the crapshoot we have now.

Did you actually read the link I provided?

If yes, you would understand that "both should take damage" would result in that you would suddenly go boom when you just fly close by an enemy plane, even if you never touched it. You would like that more?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 09:23:50 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
Ramming Bombers
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2007, 09:28:27 PM »
no point discusssing this.  if i go BOOM when i am hit from behind while the other guy flies off, what point is it that you do not comprehend?  2 planes collide, 2 planes should be damaged, period.
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Ramming Bombers
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2007, 09:33:28 PM »
no point discusssing this.  if i go BOOM when i am hit from behind while the other guy flies off, what point is it that you do not comprehend?  2 planes collide, 2 planes should be damaged, period.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

In real life: Yes.
This is not real life. We have two realities.

Sorry, but your refusal even to try to understand (for example by reading the short article ablout lag and it's influence on collision model) is simply rediculous. Period ;)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 09:36:11 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline loser

• Silver Member
Ramming Bombers
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2007, 09:39:05 PM »
Except that even in the case that you mentioned, only 2 planes collided.

NOT 4.

Wait, 4 planes? wth are you talking about loser?

Yeah for both planes to take damage from a collision (regardless of angle, speed, direction) FOUR planes have to collide.

Your plane and the enemy on your FE (2)

AND

Your enemy's plane and your plane on his (or her in case the enemy plane was flown by Furball) FE. (2 more)

This happened to me just today. Wrag was flying a 190 HO at me (and i HO at him in an Il2.) We went nose to nose both spraying like hell i missed his plane by a good 20 feet on my FE. Got the message "Wrag has collided with you."

So here we have 2 planes colliding (wrag's FE) and 0 on my FE. The end result...he takes the damage, I do not. Imagine if i would have all of a sudden lost a wing and died when I SAW a good 20 feet of separation? I would have cried.

Mutual destruction in a collision requires 4 planes to collide.. get it now?

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Ramming Bombers
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2007, 10:11:00 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
your refusal even to try to understand (for example by reading the short article ablout lag and it's influence on collision model) is simply rediculous. Period ;)

yup.

If they are not even willing to TRY To understand how it works, we indeed are wastin' our time.

Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens
-Friedrich Schiller
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline ForrestS

• Nickel Member
      • http://freewebs.com/link850
Ramming Bombers
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2007, 10:14:40 PM »
I rammed alot when i was newbier.:aok

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Ramming Bombers
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2007, 10:18:32 PM »

There are NOT 2 planes.  There are 4.  You and the other plane on your front end.  And the other plane and you on his front end.  Two realities, almost the same, but slightly different...4 planes.  Frankly Id be pissed if I missed colliding with you on my front end by 50 yards, but had to take damage because YOU failed to avoid a collusion on your front end.  In that scenerio that's your problem, not mine.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Ramming Bombers
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2007, 10:37:21 PM »
Mr No Name to make this simple for you. Both planes dont die because of INTERNET LAG! You may be flying level and and plane comes in behind you and pass' through your plane. YOU may have seen him hit you but on his end I may have flown 200ft below you. Because YOU saw it on your end of the LAG YOU get damage. Only other thing they could do is when someone hits someone else both die. Would you like to watch me fly 200 feet off your wing then you magicly loose it? I dont think so. I think you and others would crash the forums with all the whines.

Yes I "game the game" because get this........its a game. I try to make people ram me on thier FE when Im outa ammo, I dive bomb GVs with a lanc and loop over and bomb another, and more. Hell when the windmill bug was out I tryed to a few times. (never got more then 3 kills before I got bombed):aok
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Ramming Bombers
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2007, 05:03:11 AM »
Originally posted by loser
... (or her in case the enemy plane was flown by Furball) ...

:rofl :rofl :rofl

MrNoName, we'll ask HT to change the system message into "a collision has been registered on your FE only"... at least it will be more correct, and maybe you'll get along with it better.
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
Ramming Bombers
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2007, 10:19:32 AM »
I one time tried to land my Zeke on top of a lanc because I ran out of ammo :D

I had gear down and all, of course I died no idea if the lanc registered any damage :)
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Ramming Bombers
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2007, 10:47:04 AM »
:lol

You're entertaining me quite a bit, MrNoBrain, thanks!

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
Ramming Bombers
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2007, 12:57:59 PM »
Thanks for the personal insults stang, lute & co.  I am capable of having a disagreement and still keep it on a friendly level.  I even attempted to speak to lusche last night. (we were flying on the same team in the same area) You guys need to learn a dividing line between a difference of opinion and conduct that would be worthy of these personal jabs.  Hell, I usually disagree with something just about anyone says on some subject but still act in a civil, even friendly manner while discussing the disagreement with them.

If a collision occurs that implies one object striking another object.  if 2 aircraft strike each other, both should be damaged as this would be the case.  You cant have a 1 airplane collision, unless, of course that would be with a tree, building, etc.  There are numerous accounts of GVs getting a "You have collided" message with aircraft!

I shouldnt have stepped into this thread but I did so because the "usual suspects" were ganging up on others who have had the same experiences that I have had.  I understand the effects of internet lag as much or more than anyone here.  I understand that someones FE may not have 'seen' the collision.  Here is the point: If one person registers a collision, that implies striking another aircraft or GV.  Both objects should be damaged.  That eliminates the crapshoot as to who draws the damage and will prevent anyone from 'gaming the game'.

Facts:
1. 2 aircraft collide, both take damage.
2. It is difficult (but not impossible, I admit) for a lead plane to cause a collision.
3. There are people using this system (See Larrys post above) to 'game the game' using the current collision model to force the collision.
Vote R.E. Lee '24