Author Topic: Score & Rank: Completely useless info  (Read 6399 times)

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Score & Rank: Completely useless info
« Reply #150 on: June 27, 2007, 01:29:29 PM »
Originally posted by Larry
You just prooved my piont right there YOUR FIRST sortie. 16perks? What did you kill and how high was the perk piont ratio? You sure it was only one sortie?

How about you fly it more then just for one night. When you get more then 20kills in it a month then you can say if its ENY is to high until then keep flying your Lghay and spit16.

Remove your pink luftwobble glasses and you will notice the K4 is is as dweeby as the other high-performances plane.

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #151 on: June 27, 2007, 01:30:07 PM »
guys my k/d is crap its a 2.6 when its usually at 4 , im decent and most who fight me know me well, my kp is ranked at 14 because i fly the ponys and 190a5 ALOT and i kill loads of 5 eny planes, i personally could careless about rank considering the only rNk system i look at is fighter, im always in top 100 and sometimes in top 50, as are most of my squqadies, hell one of em is ranked 9 or 10 in fihgter ( you can guess who?) its all bull excriment ive killed plenty of top 100 ranked guys and even top 10 rankers without much effort..... it takes no skill to fly timid or farm and milk.......................
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #152 on: June 27, 2007, 03:05:36 PM »
Flcn..you remain clueless.  

K4 is great ride...not for all though.  There is a reason noobs are told to fly la7s/spits/51s...never seen them told to fly K4, unless I do.  Dont recall anybody saying it is a bad ride.

Perks are a joke.  I know of nobody in the squad who flies it to perk farm.  I have personally thrown away over 50k perks due to switching names...I could care less about them.

scorepotato?  If that is what you call it...so be it.  Kinda odd for a scorepotato to up a 202 from a semi capped base tho...isnt it?  or a 38G when I was flying that as main ride.  I fly the planes I enjoy...ones that pose some sort of challenge to me.  I flew 38 till I got fairly comfortable in it...moved on to 109s because i never really flew them and couldnt land a shot with a 30mm to save my life...getting ready to switch over to another ride...not sure which yet...A8 possibly.  I try to fly a plane that is a challenge to me, to keep me interested.  I dont see why people fly La7s/spit16s/etc as main rides after their first year.  It would get old to me very fast.  Only reason I can see for it, is for historic reasons, 51 squad flies 51s, etc.  I agree with that.  

So continue with your clueless assumptions and get back in your la7/spit16 and fly with your squads.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: June 27, 2007, 03:24:18 PM »
Originally posted by killnu
Flcn..you remain clueless.  

K4 is great ride...not for all though.  There is a reason noobs are told to fly la7s/spits/51s...never seen them told to fly K4, unless I do.  Dont recall anybody saying it is a bad ride.

Perks are a joke.  I know of nobody in the squad who flies it to perk farm.  I have personally thrown away over 50k perks due to switching names...I could care less about them.

scorepotato?  If that is what you call it...so be it.  Kinda odd for a scorepotato to up a 202 from a semi capped base tho...isnt it?  or a 38G when I was flying that as main ride.  I fly the planes I enjoy...ones that pose some sort of challenge to me.  I flew 38 till I got fairly comfortable in it...moved on to 109s because i never really flew them and couldnt land a shot with a 30mm to save my life...getting ready to switch over to another ride...not sure which yet...A8 possibly.  I try to fly a plane that is a challenge to me, to keep me interested.  I dont see why people fly La7s/spit16s/etc as main rides after their first year.  It would get old to me very fast.  Only reason I can see for it, is for historic reasons, 51 squad flies 51s, etc.  I agree with that.  

So continue with your clueless assumptions and get back in your la7/spit16 and fly with your squads.

Falcnwang<--------OWNT!:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
« Reply #154 on: June 27, 2007, 03:31:02 PM »
lol at falcntard.  :lol

That is all :D
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #155 on: June 27, 2007, 03:31:57 PM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
This isn't a war, it's a game.  The point of a game is to win.

Funny how we diverge from the beginning. The point of a game is to play and have fun. All too often, the "point of the game is to win" attitude is what makes games stop being fun and become work. I've got enough work in RL to want to do it in a game....thank you very much! :)
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #156 on: June 27, 2007, 03:32:23 PM »
:noid
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
« Reply #157 on: June 27, 2007, 03:32:44 PM »
Don't start bashing the 16 please..

I take that personally!!!:furious

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #158 on: June 27, 2007, 03:40:49 PM »
FX...I said I personally dont understand.  Thats just me though.  There are times flying a spit into the borg cube is lots of fun...but flying it all time...I just cant.    To each their own.

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
« Reply #159 on: June 27, 2007, 03:41:08 PM »
Originally posted by FX1
Don't start bashing the 16 please..

I take that personally!!!:furious

Dweeb
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
« Reply #160 on: June 27, 2007, 03:51:41 PM »
Originally posted by Platano
Dweeb

Your correct sir :aok

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #161 on: June 27, 2007, 04:31:04 PM »
I dont see why people fly La7s/spit16s/etc as main rides after their first year.  It would get old to me very fast.  Only reason I can see for it, is for historic reasons, 51 squad flies 51s, etc.  I agree with that.  
B]

Just because it might get old for you, doesn't mean it's like that for everyone.  Could it be those "vets" that fly these so called EZ rides do it because it's what they enjoy and makes the game fun for them?  In my opinion, players are too caught up with what everyone else flies and forget to have fun themselves.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #162 on: June 27, 2007, 04:46:35 PM »
Just to sum this up. I know I've written this elsewhere but... Scores as a means to objectively label someone as good, better or worse than another is futile. Everyone flies different planes, in different ways, at different times of the day or night. That being said, Fighter rank in particular, assuming it was obtained without cheating does paint a broad brush stroke as to whether the person has a clue or not how to fighter and how generally effective he is at it.

Let's take person A who has 15 kills in 72 hops, a 0.5 K/D ratio and kills about 2 or 3 planes an hour with a 2% hit percentage...Well, Slapshot may get on this board and tell me all day long he's the best down and dirty deck-master, twisty plane flyer there is, but I won't believe him. Why? because he's just not effective, he's not getting the job done, the job of a fighter is to destroy enemy aircraft as quickly and efficiently as possible, he's not achieving that.

The 'purest' measure of the various facets of skill in the widely variable art of fightering is really simple, it's called "Effectiveness". At the end of your flights ask these questions. Were you successfull or not? Did you dispatch as many opponents as you could in a reasable amount of time? If you didn't survive , did you at least take a couple extra of the bastards to the grave with ya? If the answer is yes, then you were "effective' if the answer is no, and your sheet looks like person A above..You need to practice, film, read books, and find a mentor, because you are NOT 'effective' in a fighter..Not matter how many of your squadmates or friends herald your skills...

As a contrast lets look at person B who has 180 kills in 45 hops w/ a 10 to 1 K/D ratio and kills about 8 enemy an hour. Now again Slapshot or whoever may get on this board and preach to the angles in heaven how this person is a no good swine who couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag and person A could take him to the DA and destroy him with his eyes closed, but I won't believe him. No matter how he got those kills player b is quite 'effective' he is doing a good job of clearing the skies of the enemy in an efficient manner, how he goes about it is his own business.

So, in summary, at least where fighter rank sub-stats are concerned. They may not be a usefull tool for determining the absolute skill level of one player compared to another, but what it is an excellent indicator of is relative effectiveness of players at fightering. The proof is in the pudding , so to speak, the pudding being the sub-stats that comprise fighter rank.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 05:57:38 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #163 on: June 27, 2007, 05:00:16 PM »
I dont recall saying that AKAK.  matter of fact...I responded to FX1s post with...
To each their own.

Pretty sure I was not the one trying to pigeonhole a squad for what they choose to fly.

++The Blue Knights++

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #164 on: June 27, 2007, 05:55:38 PM »
I dont recall saying that AKAK.  matter of fact...I responded to FX1s post with...

Pretty sure I was not the one trying to pigeonhole a squad for what they choose to fly.

maybe you should re-read the title of this thread and my posts....you sound pathetic...

1.  i never mentioned any names
2.  i never mentioned any squad
3.  there are many other top 10-20 guys who have not gotten so pitifully defensive...
4.  to make my list of ways to get a top rank i simply pulled a score fiter spreadsheet and saw what the top pilots were flying and their kills/hour...

basically anyone who is not in your squad agrees with me and none of them are in my squad....but i dont want facts to blur your assumptions...

im sorry you guys are so over the top...you are the only ones who have insulted in your posts and i think it does demonstrate the quality of people you are...but continue to think calling names demonstrates a strong position...I think it only reinforces how weak you and your arguments/protests are...:rolleyes:
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB