Author Topic: Newbies (and some oldbies) Please Read  (Read 1581 times)

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Newbies (and some oldbies) Please Read
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2007, 01:57:24 PM »
NHawk...

Don't take any of the crap you're catching too seriously. I understood what you were trying to do (and I do applaud your effort to be helpful to the noobs). I just don't agree with your specific statements. Bottomline, the players you are trying to reach are the ones that I spoke of as needing to RTFM!

That being said, I doubt they would bother to come here and read anything. :D
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2007, 02:02:17 PM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
NHawk, so from now on only type what you mean, leaving anything open ended will only bring the naysayers out from under their rocks to quickly jump down your throat, and ignite a flame fest.....

Sometime I think those that post here only read 1 word in 3 and make a guess at the others  :rolleyes:

Nice try to try to twist it back around on the reader.

The written word can only be interpreted by what is written. If the author's intentions were interpreted outside of his/her original intent ... then the author failed at trying to convey said intent ... it becomes more evident when there are others who read it with the same intent.

NHawk ... accepted ... and <>.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2007, 02:05:48 PM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
NHawk...

Don't take any of the crap you're catching too seriously. I understood what you were trying to do (and I do applaud your effort to be helpful to the noobs). I just don't agree with your specific statements. Bottomline, the players you are trying to reach are the ones that I spoke of as needing to RTFM!

That being said, I doubt they would bother to come here and read anything. :D

For all intents and purposes ... the post in general was very good ... it was that one line that twisted the nipples and caused my reaction.

It stuck out like a sore thumb in the "whole" content of what he was trying to accomplish.

Don't you have some water to bail down there in Tex-ass ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline smikey23

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.thelynchmobsquad.com/
I Agree
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2007, 04:45:34 PM »
I gree with you 100% NHawk, I for one always help new members with any aspects of the game they need help with, wether it be controlling their aircraft or GV to calibrateing their bombsite.Some players seem to forget they were new once we all were, even though they may try to convince people otherwise. Treating a noob like he a moron just because he  doesnt know the buttons to use to activate his dive brakes is just juvenile and wrong. Attacking another player on the radio is uncalled for  My squad has a code of ethics i require them to follow while playing one of them is "If provoked by another player LET IT GO you will be the bigger man."
However many players dont care what they say to others which is to bad,  if they only knew how it makes them look.
Helping new members understand different aspects of the game is a great idea that way each player can decide which way he wants to play the game wether it be to win the map by captureing bases or just furballing to their hearts content.
 All the guff you have recieved stateing that you want them to play youre way is absolute nonsense. I read nothing in youre post that even remotely hinted at that.I you for youre words ..
CO SMOKEY23

http://www.thelynchmobsquad.com/
:aok

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2007, 05:32:38 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot

Don't you have some water to bail down there in Tex-ass ?

Not us (for a change). I believe it was North Central. Heck, one town got 19 inches overnight. I can do without that...thank you very much. :)
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."