Author Topic: Strafing the chute...in real life and in game  (Read 2447 times)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Strafing the chute...in real life and in game
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2007, 02:37:30 PM »
Originally posted by myelo
That's exactly how I feel.

Except for the part about waiting for them to ask.

And the part about feeling bad.

Like a junkie that just got a fix !!!!

An old school FDB finally weighs in on the subject at hand.

Now if SOB and Furious were to respond ... nirvana.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2007, 03:00:07 PM »
Originally posted by Knegel
Who bomb civilians and hunt civilians with a fighter shouldnt be suprised to get killed by them. ;)

Those who start wars shouldn't be surprised when the other guy fights
back either there Einstein.
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2007, 03:08:15 PM »
Originally posted by beau32
Why the hell did he do that?!

Here recently I've seen some things that make me cringe at the thought of someone doing something that doesn't sit well with most people. During WW2 several hundred pilots actually killed men in parachutes. To me this is the gravest of dishonors; the man has been removed as a threat, he has no real weapons [maybe a pistol] yet you still insist on killing him. There is no reason for it, and certainly no honor in it, yet some still insist on shooting a man in a chute.
    As in any war, there are rules. None official but damn near every pilot follows them just to be fair. Fairness in battle might seem odd to most but in several hundred cases it has happened. I won't list any of them here, but I will give you some general rules to fly by in order to keep all things fair.

I hope you never have to go to war.... you'd be dead.   The object of war is to kill the enemy.   Not just destroy the tank, plane, ship or whatever, but the men trained to use the tank, plane, ship or whatever.  That's how you win a war.  You kill the enemy before he gets a chance to kill you or the guy next to you.  There is no honor in war.  War is not noble.  Anyone that think there is honor or nobility in war is stupid.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline llama

• Silver Member
      • http://www.warrenernst.com/
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2007, 03:21:17 PM »
Did I just read that when you bail out, you can WALK AROUND AFTER YOU LAND?

Really?

Every time I bail out and land, my pilot just sits there. I can turn around and shoot the gun at targets that are too far away, but I can't actually move around on the ground.

Is someone here on drugs, or is there yet another magic key press or command I know nothing about?

-Llama

Interesting server at 69.12.181.171

Offline ghatfield

• Zinc Member
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2007, 03:22:26 PM »
""There is no honor in war. War is not noble.""

I've spent a large part of my life in and around the Air Force...dealing with pilots on a daily basis during that time...and to a man all would agree with the above statement.  Each of them would also tell you that a 'HO' is just a chance to end the fight early (though most would avoid putting themselves in that position as it gives the enemy the same chance)...if the enemy flies in front of your guns---shoot him.  Killing the guy in the chute gauranteed he wouldn't be back tomorrow trying to kill you or your wingman again.  It's not pretty; it's not fair...but it is war and there is no place for honor, nobility and chivalrous behaviour.  AHII is a game...do what ever makes your boat float.  Personally, I kill 'em if they're close to friendly field or town.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2007, 03:32:35 PM »
Originally posted by llama

Really?

Every time I bail out and land, my pilot just sits there. I can turn around and shoot the gun at targets that are too far away, but I can't actually move around on the ground.

Is someone here on drugs, or is there yet another magic key press or command I know nothing about?

-Llama

R=Run
W=Walk
X=Back up
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2007, 03:51:11 PM »
FDBs don't really exist....

They are just stories your mother told to you to stop you from popping your chute.....:t

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2007, 03:51:25 PM »
Originally posted by llama

Really?

-Llama

You will probably need to map the keys to the commands, but yes, you can now walk or run around, sneak up on people, and BLAM. Bailing over a town and running to the maproom in order to to defend it against paratroopers (your wittle guy can get inside the maproom, and shoot troops as they run in), and PWing people on the runway are probably the most common practices. It's fun.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2007, 04:07:00 PM »
This thread makes me think of two things...

This: -

And this
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline FTDEEP

• Copper Member
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2007, 05:09:04 PM »
what i like to do is...after i shot the guy down and he bails not too far down, i circle around.. drop, slowdown get along side his chute and do a wing-over victory roll...w/a slow climbing bank afterwards. something you'd see more in WWI...but i like it. its just the gentleman good sport in me...

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
chutes
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2007, 05:18:05 PM »
In game...if one floats down near me...why not.  I'd never alter course just for a chute though.

IN WAR.  for those here who have posted about honor and manners and all that BS...you'd never make it in war.  Sure there are isolated cases of humane actions an all sides, but they are the very few.

I would have rather been killed quick with high calibre ammo while in my chute, then plinked at while hanging in a tree, or better yet,...beaten to death with rifle stocks after landing, which happened daily on the eastern front.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2007, 07:54:07 PM »
Imagine, someone bailing out of an aircraft and opening up a parachute; dangling there helplessly in the air and along comes some bastard pumping them full of .50 cal.  People who would do this sicken me and should not only be banned from AH, but should have their names and home addresses listed on the web site so that us noble types won't unwittingly interact with them in the real world.  Oh my, can you even imagine meeting slime like this face-to-face?  The mere idea makes me feel kind of faint.

I mean really, what kind of sad 'tard hops out of a perfectly good burning wreckage of an aircraft just so they can dangle below some silk.  I imagine these are the same types who as kids ran around the neighborhood with their momma's panties on their head.  Fortunately, I never left home without my trusty slingshot.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2007, 08:06:23 PM »
What would be a lot better than shooting at chutes would be the ability to ram them with our wings.  Would be cool to look out at my left wing and see the guy I just shot down dangling from his parachute while it's stuck on my wing.  Then I could land and drag him to his death as I touch down at 200mph on the hard concrete runway.  

Oh, better yet it would be better if we could use our props and chop them up.  

It would also be nice if we could make some holes in their chutes, you know to help the poor sap down faster.  

But I like the prop one the best, would be neat to have the outside of the canopy covered in blood and guts of the guy you just grinded up in your prop.  Good whines and good times.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2007, 08:47:23 PM »
FDB!?!?

What in the heck is that?

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2007, 09:19:15 PM »
Before I became Catholic, I would gun chutes when I saw them and laugh.  

Since I have become Catholic, I gun chutes when I see them and laugh.